Forums

Posted by loony636

I'm going to be setting up a very small forum. I'm talking only about 50 users max. I was wondering what forum program I would use for that. Another thing I would like is if there's a way to stop people registering that I don't want to register. I would prefer it to be fairly cheap, considering its going to be pretty small.

I was also wondering where to host it. Would I buy a domain and get my own server? Or would I get get a Tripod website or something like that? I'm really a n00b at this kind of thing and really need some help....

Posted by Trigger

One of those free forums provided by ProBoards or InvisionFree might be more worthy to your needs, seeing as your forum will be quite small and most likely not worth the money in purchasing a licence and server domain name for.

Posted by Lethal Shadow

An easy, free forum I know of is [url]www.phpbbforfree.com[/url]

You don't get any fancy stuff, but hey it's free.

Posted by loony636

Quoting Lethal Shadow: An easy, free forum I know of is [url]www.phpbbforfree.com[/url]

You don't get any fancy stuff, but hey it's free.

Free, free, FREE!!! That's exactly what I want!. Thanks Lethal Shadow! I'll definately try that out.

I'll also try out your suggestions too Trigger!:)

Also, do you guys know if I can put those forums onto web-hosting things like Tripod, etc?