Mega Man 9!

Posted by Masuyo T3h Ninja

I'm tired of Mega Man X and and those crappy Battle Network RPGs. I want a new game with the original Mega Man in it! Who agrees with me?

Posted by Stalolin

It'd be neat, but basically Mega Man 9 is Mega Man and Bass and Capcom has no intentions of realeasing anything else that deals with the original Mega Man. Sadly Capcom has discarded the series, they're more bent into tossing all of their weight into Battle Network, it's been the most successful for them.

The original Mega Man series was the only one that was even remotely interesting, at least for me. People like Mega Man X because it's "darker." As for Battle Network...well...7-year-olds are into it. Can't do anything about that.

Posted by Stalolin

The main reason I like the X series is because I can cling to walls and dash off of them. If I could do that in the original then I'd be playing the original series non-stop. I don't take much of the storyline in the X series seriously, Capcom doesn't know what they're doing with it.

And yeah, Battle Network has been picked up on by the younger crowd a lot. It's still a fun series though.

Legends is a series that I want to see more with, they knew what they were doing with that storyline.

And with the original series, it's fun regardless of whether I can wall climb, Robot Masters are fun to beat up. It's the Robot Masters that make the series fun in my opinion, Wily's Fortress isn't as neat as fighting the Robot Masters.

There. That's why I love the original Mega Man. The Robot Masters. I don't want to fight Tornado Tonion. I want to fight Heat Man. I don't want to fight Duff McWhalen. I want to fight Break Man. I don't want to fight a pre-Sigma virus. I want to fight Yellow Demon!

Mega Man X's storyline, it's characters, just don't appeal to me. As for Battle Network, well, that's a totally different subject entirely.

Edit: On a totally unrelated subject, I love that Robo Ky animation in your sig, Stal.

Posted by Stalolin

I'd prefer to fight anyone over Tornado Tonion or Duff McWhalen, they're both easy and Tonion is just ridiculous. He has like a Swedish accent or something. I'd rather fight Sting Chameleon or Neon Tiger. It's mainly the early X games I like, nothing past X3 I feel is really that great.

Battle Network just changes the series too much, sort of like Legends did, it's hard to adapt.

And everyone loves Robo Ky.

Posted by Linko_16

I am a huge fan of the Classic Mega Man games. They may lack the story of future Mega Man series, but they're still a whole lot more fun.

For this reason, I say... NO MORE MEGA MAN GAMES. The last thing I need is screwing up the classics like they're screwing up their newer Mega Man games.

Posted by psp

In my opinion mega man one through mega man x4 were awsome, but after mega man x4, the series started to get crappy.

Posted by Fantum

Pft, Megaman Zero is where it's at. Although it's not his game, it's byfar one of the best platformers Capcom has put out, with 3 being one of the most hectic platforming Megaman games they've released. I can care less about the story, just me core Megaman platforming, and Zero delivers. Megaman X lost it's touch after 4 and went downhill. Megaman 1 - 8 managed to get better and better (cept 5 and 6 which I think was utter crap) but 7 and 8 offered great challenge. Megaman and Bass I though was way too easy.

Mega Man 8 is t3h pwnzorz. Some so called "fans" don't like 8 for some of the most asinine reasons. "The storyline doesn't match the quality of the original games." Oh, like the storylines of the other 7 games were so deep and intricate and comparable to a Final Fantasy game. "The graphics are so kiddy unlike the serious original games." Mm, I tend to agree with that. The original 7 games were so gritty and serious, they surpassed even movies like Scarface and Reservoir Dogs.

Posted by psp

Meh, i really wouldnt trust capcom with a new mega man game in the old series. They would probably ruin it. Lol, they would probably have bad guys like fruit man, or pencil man.

Now that I think about it, I'd rather see a remake of the original games with 3D graphics, or even something similar to Mega Man 8.

Posted by psp

I want to see a new mega man legends. The first one was awsome and the second one was great.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting psp: I want to see a new mega man legends. The first one was awsome and the second one was great.

I actually do agree on this one; keep the mechanics the same, but bring up some more features, plotlines, and ruins.

Posted by TheskyIsUp

I also agree

IMO, I thought Legends was only an okay game, but Capcom knew what they were doing with that storyline.

Posted by Stalolin

Maybe Capcom will surprize us and release some new side-scroller with a different storyline. Personally I doubt that happening, I see Megaman dying here and only Megaman.exe surviving.

I've heard Zero 4 is the last of the Zero series and I'm pretty sure that they're coming out with X9. They might just tie the series up and find something else to do. :(

Posted by Pit

Quoting Stalolin:
I've heard Zero 4 is the last of the Zero series and I'm pretty sure that they're coming out with X9. They might just tie the series up and find something else to do. :(

Storywise, yes. Doesn't mean they won't milk the franchise furthermore. MegamanZero and Bass!!

Has anyone ever seen a Flash movie called Rockman Neo? Go to Newgrounds and look for this thing, it's very cool. I'd really like to see thr author of it show it to Capcom. It would be a great franchise

Posted by Stalolin

Quoting Masuyo T3h Ninja: Has anyone ever seen a Flash movie called Rockman Neo? Go to Newgrounds and look for this thing, it's very cool. I'd really like to see thr author of it show it to Capcom. It would be a great franchise

Capcom probably wouldn't use it. And the guy that made it was designing a flash game for I think, don't know what happened. I hear he stopped the whole project.

He was developing a game? Hm, didn't hear about that. But I did hear about a Mega Man X2 hack called Rockman Neo, and that was japanese, methinks.