Meteos!

Posted by VicE

Come on, don't tell me I'm the only person here who picked this up. It's probably my favorite game for the DS right now, and one of the most fast-paced and frantic games I've ever played. EXCELLENT music, too, and a boatload of unlockable stuff. I especially like how each stage has a completely different play style, rather than just being different backgrounds/music like most games of this type.

Oddly enough, the presentation just screams SSBM to me (understandable, since I believe some of the SSBM team worked on this). The menus, options, etc. are nearly identical.

I'd definitely recommend it if you liked Tetris Attack/Pokemon Puzzle League. It's very similar to that, but MUCH faster-paced and more chaotic. XD It's awesome.

Posted by mr roff

I've never actually played an MMOG (I'm assuming MMORPG), but I've played my friends accounts for a couple hours (WorldofWarcraft). To be honest, they don't actually grab me all that well. I wanna try out Guild Wars and some others that are comign out like Auto Assualt, but I hate that first I gotta spend 50 bucks, then a subscription (not Guild Wars I know), just to find out if I'll even like the game. Like I know people who've bought games and they've either sucked or not gotten enough attention to keep updating and what not.

Even with WoW, it seems like the same thing over and over again and a very limited amount of things that your character can do. I do wanna check out City of Villians though.I've never actually played an MMOG (I'm assuming MMORPG), but I've played my friends accounts for a couple hours (WorldofWarcraft). To be honest, they don't actually grab me all that well. I wanna try out Guild Wars and some others that are comign out like Auto Assualt, but I hate that first I gotta spend 50 bucks, then a subscription (not Guild Wars I know), just to find out if I'll even like the game. Like I know people who've bought games and they've either sucked or not gotten enough attention to keep updating and what not.

Even with WoW, it seems like the same thing over and over again and a very limited amount of things that your character can do. I do wanna check out City of Villians though.I've never actually played an MMOG (I'm assuming MMORPG), but I've played my friends accounts for a couple hours (WorldofWarcraft). To be honest, they don't actually grab me all that well. I wanna try out Guild Wars and some others that are comign out like Auto Assualt, but I hate that first I gotta spend 50 bucks, then a subscription (not Guild Wars I know), just to find out if I'll even like the game. Like I know people who've bought games and they've either sucked or not gotten enough attention to keep updating and what not.

Even with WoW, it seems like the same thing over and over again and a very limited amount of things that your character can do. I do wanna check out City of Villians though.

Posted by NightmareBassX

I was going to get it like a month ago but I lost track of it, I could buy it tomorrow if I want. I'll think about it. I'd probably buy it the same time I buy Nanostray, 2 fast-paced games. Which is probably tomorrow or the next day, But I did want to buy Advance Wars : Dual Strike, Castlevania : Dawn of Sorrow, And Nintendo Dogs : Dachshund & friends in August.

Posted by junior senior

I got it last night. I don't really understand it, so I scroll on the screen. :-\

Posted by Stalolin

Ooh, I was playing this with my friend today, he bought it, I leeched through a demo version. It's already ranking up there with my favorite puzzle games. Not only is the game itself fun, but it's got it's own neat little tidbits, watching you attack other planets is kind of cool, and the sound in the game is excellent. The sound effects in the game oddly add to it, making it a bit more impressive. Wonderful game, I might just need to grab a copy myself.

Posted by Drewboy64

When I bought my can of Meaty-O's, I ate it. And it was delicious.

Posted by verystrait42

this game is awsome.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: I got it last night. I don't really understand it, so I scroll on the screen. :-\

It's not that complicated. All you can do it drag blocks vertically and match three or more same coloured pieces to launch them off the screen.

Posted by Drewboy64

and you can make combos with the movements. Just read the manual, Junior Senior.

Posted by NightmareBassX

I picked it up on Saturday, and I'd have to say, Its probably one of the only DS games that I have that give me an adrenaline rush. Its just so fast it gets you really excited, I love it. And if you really want a challenge, try to do 1000 meteo war and not scribble around 500, Very hard. This game is probably one of my favorite so far, me and my friend were anxious waiting for eachothers turn to end. A must have for the DS. If you didn't like puzzle games before, after this... You will.

Quoted post: Oddly enough, the presentation just screams SSBM to me (understandable, since I believe some of the SSBM team worked on this). The menus, options, etc. are nearly identical.

.Funny, I was reading a Nintendo power today, and I saw stats for what seemed to be Meteos, but actually was for SSBM.

Posted by junior senior

I played it yesterday for about 3 1/2 - 4 hours and my Gawd I love it. <3:-*

It's JUST like SSBM. :-*

The ending credits, and the whole layout screams SSBM.

Posted by segashadow128gcn

i have been dieing to pick it up and yeah the smash bros people worked on it.

but i really want it plus i loved pokemon puzzle leage, i just dont have any money

Posted by Drewboy64

Yeah, this game is great. Why do people say scribbling works, though? It doesn't work at all. Its much better to just get combos by step jumping or docking.

Posted by NightmareBassX

Quoting Drewboy64: Yeah, this game is great. Why do people say scribbling works, though? It doesn't work at all. Its much better to just get combos by step jumping or docking.

Actually, in '1000 meteo war', if you scribble around 450, it will work. I accidentally won that way, although I didn't want to... It was just for fun.

It mostly works for Havendor. Since it doesn't even launch the meteos.

Posted by Arczu

I just got this game. The first time I played it, I logged 2 hours into it before I went to bed. It's really fun.

Unfortunately, it's so simple, but I keep freezing up when I know there about a zillion ways to line up 3 of the same ones. Do you ever play, and then when things get critical, you can't find any way to line up any more of the meteos? It's KILLING me, but I am getting a bit better.

Quoted post: Do you ever play, and then when things get critical, you can't find any way to line up any more of the meteos?

Yeah, when it gets like that I tend to focus on one colour, and never notice the easiest connections.

Posted by GameMiestro

That game is brutal. Try beating a 5 star cpu Hevendor- or any planet, for that matter. Not only that, they have challenges like "Shoot 100 Meteos in less than 10 seconds!". I've done it in 8 and a half, but it took me an hour.

Ive always wondered what the biggest possible combo is. On deluge mode, I was able to launch 240 meteos in one incredible combo- I used Brabbit.

Another nice thing is that each planet has its own individual strengths and weaknesses. Of course, your going to have to spend many hours just trying to unlock them all. (Yes, you can get Meteo)

Posted by Arczu

The 5-star computer players are friggin NAZI's. In 8 seconds, then can pile your screen with incinerated meteos. I've watched them on the top screen, and they abuse the speeder like it was normal!

Then the 100 Metoes challenge... I don't know how you could do that in 10 seconds. Even with the pieces dropping semi-fast, it's pretty difficult to stak up the entire screen that fast. I can usually do it in 28 seconds (Assuming I don't screw up at 90, like it does every few times I try it.

I don't like that Gravitar planet. You have to fuse 3 meteos, then while they are charred, you have to fuse 3 moure around it to launch metoes at all. Vertical is pratically usless, but at least they drop one at a time.

But here's my pet peeve. They always, ALWAYS seem give you a SOUL meteo (maybe even 2) when you are about to Nova. It ****es me off how one shows up, but 3 colums are about to overflow. I've lost more than 10 of them (throw TIME meteos in there too)

Quoted post: But here's my pet peeve. They always, ALWAYS seem give you a SOUL meteo (maybe even 2) when you are about to Nova. It ****es me off how one shows up, but 3 colums are about to overflow. I've lost more than 10 of them (throw TIME meteos in there too)

That barely ever happens to me thankfully.

Quoted post: Vertical is pratically usless, but at least they drop one at a time.

Ugh, I hate planets that have no vertical power.

Posted by Drewboy64

Forte is great with verticle, but you can't just launch a bunch of verticles; you need to make a combo then launch it. Forte's my fav.

Posted by Gamer

Is Meteos worth buying because on G4tv X-Play gave it a 5 out of 5 which is like the *best* ya know. So what do you guys think about the game, because I need a new DS game.

Posted by Drewboy64

No, we're just talking about it even though we all don't like the game. (sarcasm much)

Buy the game.

Posted by Arczu

Come on, you would have to be living under a rock to NOT consider checking out this game... unless you hate puzzle games so much (but I haven't seen anyone who has in years).

I just cleared the 100 meteo challenge in under 8 seconds. It was sweet, because I managed to clear cleared the screen for the win, giving me a good 60 in a second. But I've yet to do the 1,000 one!

Posted by Drewboy64

I think my record is 7 seconds or so

Posted by Bebop

I enjoy this. Although I am rather crap and find it hard.

I discovered that wiggling the stylus in all directions very violently and quickly helps you to win.

Quoted post: I discovered that wiggling the stylus in all directions very violently and quickly helps you to win.

And makes the game incredibly boring and no fun.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Vampiro: And makes the game incredibly boring and no fun.

Unfortunately so. In my defense, I never said this technique made it fun, just easier to do the game ;-*