The Legend Of Zelda: A Link To The Past

Posted by Outlaw

One of the best 16 bit titles to ever grace a console. If not, one of the best games ever made, nuff' said.

[IMG]http://www.zeldauniverse.net/gallery/albums/screenshots/alttp/1.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://www.zeldauniverse.net/gallery/albums/screenshots/alttp/5.gif[/IMG]

Posted by speedemon35

That game owns. Only thing I never managed to get was that golden bee

Posted by Corrupt

Man oh man, did I love that game to death. I remember so many times during school, instead of actually focusing on my classwork, I'd instead be thinking, "Okay, so when I get home, I'm gonna try and find the Hookshot in the Swamp Ruins! And then there's the Fire Rod... gee, I have a lot to look forward to." I was obsessed, and I beat the game numerous times, sometimes without dying even once. I'd love to play that game again, and fortunately I'll get a chance to play a working SNES soon... :cool2:

Posted by Outlaw

Quoting Corrupt: Man oh man, did I love that game to death. I remember so many times during school, instead of actually focusing on my classwork, I'd instead be thinking, "Okay, so when I get home, I'm gonna try and find the Hookshot in the Swamp Ruins! And then there's the Fire Rod... gee, I have a lot to look forward to." I was obsessed, and I beat the game numerous times, sometimes without dying even once. I'd love to play that game again, and fortunately I'll get a chance to play a working SNES soon... :cool2:

Know what u mean. It can get additcing. I couldn't put down the controller, specialy when I played it for the first time.

The game's pretty long too.

Posted by James

Man, even the GBA version pwns. Man, lucky oldah peoples gettin' in on the 8 & 16-bit action. ****it!

Posted by Outlaw

Quoting James: Man, even the GBA version pwns. Man, lucky oldah peoples gettin' in on the 8 & 16-bit action. ****it!

You can always get a Super Nes and buy the game. Nothing compares to playing that gem on a 16bit machine. :)

Posted by verystrait42

I LOVE THIS GAME!!!

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

Oh man, I loved that game! Any major Zelda player/collector must get it.

Posted by James

Well, I guess I could down to Gameswap and (hunna hunna hunnnnn.......)

Posted by Angerion the Brave

I have the game, in fact... I just re-played yesterday. Took me about 5 hours to beat it and get everything. It's pure gold, nothing but fun. The GBA version is tainted by the rediculous and annoying "voices" of young link put in the game.

Oh, and I saw this mentioned above. The Good Bee is hidden in the Fairy Fountain beside the cave where the Ice Rod is found. Dash into it and the glowing bee will appear. It won't turn on you or leave, it'll hang around your head until an enemy is near by and'll it go ballistic on them. You'll lose it if you leave an area without re-catching it.

Posted by Samusfreak

Boah, Link to the Past is amazing, you can play it for hours, days, weeks or even for ever and it's still great. I don't understand why the best games ever are old games. Maybe it's because these games are now rare and I think long time ago, Nintendo want to make games what can make us happy and let us never forget.

*** save America, Videogames and all those other things what make us happy and proud.

Posted by Zapper

I remember when I first played A Link To The Past on my SNES. I loved it. In my opinion, it's still one of the best games in the series.

[quote=samusfreak]
Boah, Link to the Past is amazing, you can play it for hours, days, weeks or even for ever and it's still great. I don't understand why the best games ever are old games.

Agreed - you can play this game for weeks and not get tired of it. So fun. And yes, the best games ever are older ones. Maybe it's just because of their simplicity.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Yeah, LTTP is a fine entry into the series. I VERY MUCH prefer it and Link's Awakening to the 3D games (from Ocarina till today).

The 3-D games weren't terrible, but they didn't feel like Zelda to me. I mean, Zelda was an aerial view kinda game (except Adventure of Link, which wasn't that great) and it had a distinct appearance and feel that no one else was able to replicate.

Then Nintendo seemed to scrap that genius formula in favor of something totally new, with a semblence of the old Zelda titles.

Meh...

I'll always play LTTP over OOT anyday. I mean, Bombos? Ether? How do you top that?

I'll tell you how. You don't. You accept that Bombos and Ether (and the third one, which escapes me at the moment) are the coolest things around.

Anyway, yeah, good game.

Posted by Captain Cleanoff

Still have it, and I'm NEVER getting rid of it. This might be the greatest in the history of the series.

If anyone had an aftermarket control pad where you could hold down all 4 directional buttons at once, go to the overworld map and try it. You're in for some interesting results...

Posted by Buhnz_O'Steele

I still havent taken the time to beat it but its awesome. Playing it over and over 15 hundred times and STILL loving it, pretty much shows that its a great game

Posted by Angerion the Brave

Quoting Fei-on Castor: Yeah, LTTP is a fine entry into the series. I VERY MUCH prefer it and Link's Awakening to the 3D games (from Ocarina till today).

The 3-D games weren't terrible, but they didn't feel like Zelda to me. I mean, Zelda was an aerial view kinda game (except Adventure of Link, which wasn't that great) and it had a distinct appearance and feel that no one else was able to replicate.

Then Nintendo seemed to scrap that genius formula in favor of something totally new, with a semblence of the old Zelda titles.

Meh...

I'll always play LTTP over OOT anyday. I mean, Bombos? Ether? How do you top that?

I'll tell you how. You don't. You accept that Bombos and Ether (and the third one, which escapes me at the moment) are the coolest things around.

Anyway, yeah, good game.

Quake is the third one:D

Posted by Roger Smith

My favorite LoZ game.

Posted by Zeta

So I reached that Chris Houllihan room. Am I cool now?

Posted by Roger Smith

Beat the game 100% without dying. Then your cool.

Posted by Zeta

So I turned cool when I was 8 years old? Awesome.

Posted by Roger Smith

****ing right.

Posted by booyah719

This is the best one in the series for sure! I certainly like having 11ish dungeons to explore and get items from. I was slightly disappointed in the shortness of OoT that was most common to precede after, although I played Link's Awakening myself which was pretty good as well.

I liked the Water Ruins best. Any thoughts?

Posted by Ant

I'm not sure which one is my favorite...perhaps the 2nd temple in the Dark World. But I know the one I dislike the most is the Ice Cavern :D

Posted by Slade

Man, I remember years ago when I was completely amazed by the size and diversity of the world in LTTP. I think I spent most of my time running all around the world, over and over. Good times.

Posted by MrCharlesVolcher

I love this game I still have this game just beat last week in fact I've beaten every Zelda game that Nintendo has made and hope they will come with a sequel to Phantom Hourglass for the DS.

Oh and BTW RAP MUSIC IS GARBAGE ESP ICE CUBE HE SUCKS

Posted by UncleYaris

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Yellow"]I would honestly argue that it was the best Zelda game made, not only for its time but in contrast to all the other games made. Thats just my opinion, I love Ocarina and Majora, but LTTP was by far the best game out of them all.[/COLOR][/FONT]