Chrono Trigger

Posted by Outlaw

Chrono Trigger is truly one of THE best games of all time! The graphics are amazing! The music is awesome! The storyline is good! Everything about this game is good! I would recommend it to any RPG fan. It's just one of those games ppl will always be tripping on, timeless.

[IMG]http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/2726/ctshot613ay.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/5103/crodrea327az.gif[/IMG]

Posted by Anti-Guy

Amen to that.

Chrono Trigger is truly a timeless game, and one of my favorite games of all time. Always has been since it's release, always will be. I second Outlaw's demand that you play Chrono Trigger ASAP.

Posted by Outlaw

Quoting Anti-Guy: Amen to that.

Chrono Trigger is truly a timeless game, and one of my favorite games of all time. Always has been since it's release, always will be. I second Outlaw's demand that you play Chrono Trigger ASAP.

Hehe!

You gotta admit, this game should have sold millions (well it did in japan but suprisingly not in the U.S and Square didn't even bother releasing it in Europe for who know's what reason..). It was way ahead of its time and the way the plot just kept twisting was "wow". Can you believe it's been 10 years since the game was released?? Old school **** lol. :)

Posted by Text Attraction

Curse my generation once again. But yes, I completely agree, it is certainly one of the best games I have ever played. Though I haven't beat the game yet...(For shame) But I plan to very soon. Hm well I'm lucky I even know about this game, most people my age have never heard of it. For example, I was on a byond game and someone played the magus theme and some newb (Who I learned later was the same age as me) thought it was Seperoth's theme from Kingdom hearts. Sad, ain't it?

Posted by ManaKnightMike

Yes I to do agree its one of the best games i have played.

Posted by Jean Paul

Chrono trigger rules!!!!
I discovered 18 different endings!!!

Posted by Klarth

No You Didn't.

Posted by inequity

Ugh, Chrono trigger. I get angry everytime I think about that game. I sold my 100% complete brand new copy to funcoland a couple years back, not knowing how valuable it was.

Posted by Jean Paul

Quoting Klarth: No You Didn't.

Well...there are little changes (Lucca

Posted by The Punisher

Yeah I should probaly play this game, ive been looking for a good RPG to start playing.

Posted by DarkBlade

[COLOR=black]I play this game over every couple of months. Its great.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000]Did You Know: You can get more Cats. We all know that by doing the 80 silver point game give ya a cat, but if you add more catfood to your room you get more cats! I got 1 on my bed, 2 blond ones and a dirty blond all upstairs. Its a liter box now^^[/COLOR]

Posted by Tyler Durden

Thinking about Chrono Trigger just ****es me off completely. I've heard all the hype, dealt with numerous raging fans of Akira Toriyama. I've even passed up buying this game 5 times now. My girlfriend even turned one on me just last week. I'm just tired of hearing about how great this game WAS. I played it 3 times through an emu, and I just can't claim it as my personal favorite. I don't hate it, I just don't believe it's the 100%-absolute best-ever-RPG..

Posted by DarkBlade

[COLOR=black]Well its The ONLY 16 bit rgp that fans decided to remake the game.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000]Check an older post here about the 3D chrono trigger resurrection prodject.[/COLOR]
[URL="http://www.vgchat.com/showthread.php?p=191715#post191715"][IMG]http://www.opcoder.com/projects/chrono/MagusLair1.jpg[/IMG][/URL](click the pic)
(scroll to the bottem to see it)
[COLOR=black]The Rise and fall of the fans who wanted to redo this masterpiece.[/COLOR]

Posted by Desperado

Who were your fav characters in the game?

I'd have 2 go wit Frog. I loved his style, a real warrior

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting DarkBlade: [COLOR=black]Well its The ONLY 16 bit rgp that fans decided to remake the game.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000]Check an older post here about the 3D chrono trigger resurrection prodject.[/COLOR]
[URL="http://www.vgchat.com/showthread.php?p=191715#post191715"][IMG]http://www.opcoder.com/projects/chrono/MagusLair1.jpg[/IMG][/URL](click the pic)
(scroll to the bottem to see it)
[COLOR=black]The Rise and fall of the fans who wanted to redo this masterpiece.[/COLOR]

Yeah, and Square just had to get pissy and throw a fit. Just cuz their graphics are smaller then the other guys.

Posted by Desperado

The game stands well on its own. It didn't need a remake, its already set its mark in gaming history.

Posted by ZEN

I got finally got ahold of 'Chrono Trigger' and am now making it my "game to play for the month". A decade of procrastination will finally be laid to rest!

So far, I am 8 hours into it. The best features so far are the non-random battles, moderate levelling system, and soundtrack. The combination attacks are a nice feature too (reminds me of 'Suikoden' and 'Phantasy Star IV', sort of).
Not a fan of the character's art style but the sprites are decent.
It's also a very easy game thus far.

The only drawback is that I'm not much of a jRPG fan anymore. I wish I would've played this about 5-6 years ago. I would probably be worshipping it like the rest of yous.

Posted by Xenos

Aye. My favorite ending was the one where Chrono dies and you can revive him back - just because I get to see a more humanoid Glenn. :eek:

Posted by Zeta

I never tried to get other endings. The one time I did I got the one with Robo and Atropos in Leene Square in the future.

I don't care for the battle system, though. CC's was better, IMO.

Posted by Wally The Weird

I though the game was awesome. Up there on my fvorite games of all time certainly, and I do wish they had made a remake. I mean, the story is fine, leave it alone, but have it the same way onyl in 3-d and BAM awesome.

Magus, you gotta love him. Also the fact that Crono has one line at the end that isn't yes or no or something.

Of course, Glenn was pretty kickass.

I know! Masa and Mune! I'll go with them!

Posted by Breakman

truly amazing game.

i mean, really.

one of my favorite RPGs of all time, if not my very favorite. but call me a fanboy; similarly to how so many kids hail FF7 as the greatest, Chrono Trigger was myf irrst real rpg i beat all myself, so i call it the greatest for the same reason FF7 fanboys call it the greatest. i just came in a couple years earlier.

anyway, the double/triple tech system, the amazing character variety, the time travel aspect, the unforgettable music, the solid graphics for its time, the amazing story, the new game + featuer and myriad of endings -- trully a game that even today has yet to be topped in many aspects

Posted by Klarth

Square needs to be beaten silly for killing CT Resurrection and cutting off the franchise. Both Chrono games were ****ing incredible - I keep thinking of each one as better than the other, if that makes any sense at all.

Posted by Breakman

Quoting Klarth: Square needs to be beaten silly for killing CT Resurrection and cutting off the franchise. Both Chrono games were ****ing incredible - I keep thinking of each one as better than the other, if that makes any sense at all.

yeah. cross was an excellent game i its own right, had its own plusses, once you get over the fact that it's NOT meant to be a direct sequel to chrono trigger in any way it becomes an infinitely better game. a lot like when you realise megaman legends is not supposed to have anything to do with any otehr megaman game.

Posted by Arczu

Quoting Zeta: I don't care for the battle system, though. CC's was better, IMO.

Except that they broke the whole Double, Triple Tech idea and made only a few lucky characters do them. It's the techs that I liked about the game a lot, because they allowed a lot more fun. I remember on my first playthrough, being exited once somebody new joined the party because I was thinking "Oooh, I wonder what crazy combination s/he will do?"

The weapons were cool too. Like that one sword that does 4X damage on critical hit.

Posted by Raptor

I'm not going to go ahead and claim that "Chrono Trigger is the best RPG ever" since everyone's taste in RPG's vary to some extent and no one can really be the judge of which RPG was the best ever made.

It is, however, my favourite RPG of all time. It left me captivated like no other, due mostly to the entrancing music, spellbinding storyline, immense character depth, non-irritating battle system, and lovely landscapes. Also, there were quite a few episodes throughout the story that pulled at my heartstrings, but they weren't too melodramatic and soap opera-ish, a la Final Fantasy. Everything in this game was just so neatly balanced and near perfect. A true masterpiece.

Posted by Roth

Quoting ZEN: I got finally got ahold of 'Chrono Trigger' and am now making it my "game to play for the month". A decade of procrastination will finally be laid to rest!

So far, I am 8 hours into it. The best features so far are the non-random battles, moderate levelling system, and soundtrack. The combination attacks are a nice feature too (reminds me of 'Suikoden' and 'Phantasy Star IV', sort of).
Not a fan of the character's art style but the sprites are decent.
It's also a very easy game thus far.

The only drawback is that I'm not much of a jRPG fan anymore. I wish I would've played this about 5-6 years ago. I would probably be worshipping it like the rest of yous.

Typed out on 08-02-2006... got really boring, didn't it?

Posted by Fei-on Castor

My favorite thing is that when you engaged in a fight, you weren't magically teleported to a beautiful fighting arena with a textured background.

Seriously, this game was genious. So many side quests! So many endings...

I'll be honest, I've only gotten one of the many endings.