Donkey Kong Country

Posted by Outlaw

One of the best games ever made in my op. It featured stunning graphics and sound quality that was towers above competition. This game went on to sell over 8 million copies and it's no supprise. Nintendo and Rare deliverd a game that changed the whole gaming industry and a game that also gave the snes a second generation of titles powerfull enough to compete against 32bit systems. An ultimate gem.

[IMG]http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/7319/donkeypres6id.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://img470.imageshack.us/img470/6483/dkc1snes4yr.png[/IMG]

Posted by Ch

I agree with you there. The graphics that I saw in all of the installments of the DKC were great for it's time and place, about a decade ago. Well seeing that DKC was my first video game, I'll always treasure that forever. That game is awesome even today when I go back and play it. It never got too redundant. Also, You can say that it took me 10 years to find every last bonus in that game, seeing that I got the 110% score only in 2004. One game that'll never fade away is this one.

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

I agree with the both of you. Donkey Kong Country was so advanced back in the day...heh. It had a lot of hype thats for sure. I remember everybody was talking about King K. Rool heh.

[url=http://www.vbulletin.com] [/url]

Posted by Arczu

Quoting Outlaw: [IMG]http://spacemul.emu-france.com/images/Super%20NES/1/7135.png[/IMG]
Hold on a second... what are those numbers in this picture representing? I remember that you only see Bananas, remaining balloons, KONG letters and animal buddy icons.

Uber game though

Posted by bazariah

Quoting Arczu]The second one has it's own shine that I like, but the first one takes focus. I really like how smooth this games plays out. The bosses... for the most part are extremly difficult, and with all those secrets, some people could look for a long time and still not have found everything in a level.

Posted by Ch

Quoting Arczu]

Posted by brettox

the donkey kong series are the only games i willstill play today on my snes, even though i have all the newer systems. i find myself playin the snes more than my xbox-360. games like donkey kong are what we need more in the newer systems. now all the games that are on the new systems are pretty much hardcore looking. i like how donkey kong is kiddish looking.

Posted by GameMiestro

Donkey Kong Country really is an amazing game... aside from being very challenging, it is also one of the best looking platformers created. Ever. The only problem I had with it is that the bosses were really stupid looking (A giant jumping beaver? Oh boy.), and the K Rool battle at the end just failed. Donkey Kong Country 2 is better than the original in virtually every way, even graphically- to the point where the GBA version actually lagged at some points because of the sheer graphical power needed to run the game (it was big back then). The bosses in the sequel were far more bad***, and if the battle with K Rool at the end wasn't the coolest platformer boss battle in the history of gaming, I don't know what is. The third game didn't do so much improvements... but it still was a lot of fun, and all of the essential elements were there.

Posted by Zeta

Quoting GameMiestro: (A giant jumping beaver? Oh boy.)

Fix'd :P

Posted by GameMiestro

Blarg... Gnawty fails. Lets just leave it at that.

There was a level in Donkey Kong 2 where you had to navigate your way through a maze of spiky vines through nothing but barrels. About the time the barrels started spinning freely, I began to realize that Mario's adventure was a pushover compared to this.

Can anyone say instant death?

Posted by Zeta

I think we can also agree that Dumb Drum fails even more than Gnawty.

I mean, come on, it's a freaking keg, and it suddenly explodes after you kill 10 enemies! What's up with that!?

Posted by GameMiestro

I just thought an obese K Rool that killed you by jumping around and throwing his crown at you was a lot less cool than a K Rool that killed you with a blunderbuss that shot freaking 300 mm spiked rounds, and doubled as a flamethrower, poison gas launcher, machine gun, and allowed him to turn invisible. I rest my case.

Posted by Desperado

The bosses were pretty funny but a lil too easy

Posted by Zeta

Yeah, especially Dumb Drum. Fortunately Rare improved bosses in the sequels.

Posted by Desperado

Who'd u like the most? DK Jr or Diddy?

Posted by Zeta

Eh, I'm not too sure. I don't really favor one over the other, so pretty much the only time they actually switch places is when they get it. The only time I ever switch them is to kill the Krushas before Millstone Mayhem's green balloon bonus room.

Diddy, I suppose. Always prefered the little guys.

Posted by Arczu

It seems like Dk Jr. became forgotten... or worse: turned into Diddy!

(Yeah right).

Diddy is cool. The TV show didin't do him any favors particularily (and his voice actor on that show= HURRRR!!!) but he's like a handyman where DK wouldn't be able to do some things. Medium-sized chimp-power sortof. His slick tail kinda defines him.

Posted by Desperado

As a Kid, Diddy was my fav one of the 2. I jus loved the way he looked. It was funkadelic.

Funky had more funk then the rest of the kong family. He had sooo much style! He was even more funky in DKC 2!!!