How do you catch the 3 legendary dogs in pokemon leafgreen/firered?

Posted by infernolism

in gamewinners they talk about the 3 legendary dogs....well thats not enough....i need to know where and how please tell me something good about this thanks

Posted by FavoJavo

you put 2 threads

Posted by jonothanstarsmose

squirtle-raikou
bulbasaur-entei
charmander-suicune
it is just like your rival

Posted by sabre

Thanks, that'll make no sense to him seeing as you didn't even explain what they meant or that you can only catch one.

You can only catch one legendary dog per game. If you selected Squirtle at the start, you will encounter Raikou, if you selected Bulbasaur as a starter, Entei will appear, and Charmander causes a Suicune. Their appearance is totally random, and there's nothing you can do to make them appear - you have to find them by chance at least once. From then on, you can stalk them by tracking their location using the national dex (which reminds me, you must first unlock the national dex, ftr).

Couple of tips:
- use your master ball on it if you haven't already to save yourself too much trouble (mewtwo is simple as heck to catch anywho and even if he weren't, you can at least save before each battle, so there's no problem there).
- the dog will usually only move one route at a time only occasionally teleporting, so you can use that knowledge to attempt to corner him.
- the dog will only change location when you also change location, so if you can't get to him just go in and out of a building.
- if you have him in the same area then he will probably be one of the first three pokemon to appear - if he doesn't appear within three, check the dex to ensure he didn't teleport away.
- they usually move in patterns, so you'd be advised to keep an eye out for some.

Good luck.

Thread locked. For more information, ask [url=http://vgchat.com/showthread.php?t=162]here[/url].