how to beat dr. robotnik/eggman in sonic 2?????

Posted by butterflykisses

i have been trying to beat him for like 2 months and i dont know how to. at the very end of sonic 2 in the death egg zone, after you defeat the metal sonic and he (dr. robotnik) gets into a robot suit, i dont know how to beat him...i'm probly not gonna come back to this site again so please email the answer if you know to either [email]butterflykisses15042@yahoo.com[/email] or [email]brookss@mhs-pa.org[/email]
i'd prefer the mhs one tho...so please!!!!!!!!!! help me!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Prince Redon

Have you tried attacking him?...If you don't care enough that you don't even want to make the effort to check in on a thread, then why should we put forth the effort to help you?

Posted by Tails

*sigh* Strike his head... as always. That's how you beat him. Now if you where playing as Knuckles in Sonic 2, I can understand why you can't beat him. No rings and Knuckles can't jump as high as Sonic can, making it near, if not inpossible, to finish that game. Now THAT'S a challange!

Posted by Arczu

With Knuckles, it's HELL, and I know this because I myself tried it.

Since he doesn't jump as high, you would have to strike the torso by a hit-and-run method that can be frustrating. You stand in front of the machine when it first lands. When it bends over to shoot its arms, you have to stand below the arm, or in a way that forces him to shoot it towards the ground, then jump RIGHT AFTER it fires and strike the torso. Then, using momentum from the hit, move to the other side of the screen quickly while he shoots out the second arm. The second arm should follow you, but not enough to make contact with you.

I had 7 continues, and this was the best method I can come up with... AND IT STILL FAILED. Timing is so key that one little second off gets you knocked out. What a waste of 420,000 points.

Posted by Prince Redon

...In the words of Vampiro...

*Close thread!*

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I never say "close thread"...

Do I?

Posted by Prince Redon

Ok...Wrong board, wrong person...But the point is...Shut up!

Anyway, seriously, can we get someone to delete this?

Posted by Prince Redon

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Sorry...I was thinking wrong...Wrong board wrong person...But the point is...Shut up!...

Seriously, could we get someone to lock this thread?
[/COLOR]