The legend of zelda wind waker discussion

Posted by harvest-sprite

I enjoyed the game. The best bits were the ace graphics, the easy battle system, the nintendo gallery and the soundtrack. The worst bits were the fact that no body talked, well they did but like in kingdom hearts you hear their voices talking and you can't in zelda I also thought the story was a bit predictable and hard to hold on to, but all in all it was an awesome game and I would definately play it again!

Posted by Dexter

I enjoyed it. I really do enjoy such adventure games. I thought the graphics were a nice change and I wouldn't mind if they did the same in any future Zelda games. I actually liked Star Fox Adventures more, though, and I highly recommend it to fans of Wind Waker. Games that take more cleverness than fighting ability are wonderful.

My favorite element in Wind Waker was exploring the sea and islands. The game itself, with levels and missions, didn't really grab my attention fully, although I still completed the game. It was the actual exploring that really satisfied me and keeps me occasionally coming back for more. The tremulous cadence of the ebb and flow was entirely enchanting.

This probably belongs in the Zelda forum. Zelda being an RPG can be easily argued.

Posted by Noir

Many people have argued that Zelda is an RPG...but I think of RPG's as Final Fantasy and Golden Sun. Do people think this because Zelda has that elvish, midieval look to it, or is it the actual gameplay?

Posted by Xenos

Whatever, I'll just move to a more specified board.

Posted by Dexter

If Wind Waker is an RPG than Star Fox Adventures should fall into such a category. I don't consider it an RPG though. I think there are Zelda fans that like to think of it as an RPG simply because they like to think that is the sort of games they enjoy. It is a trend. I dounbt anyone who is seriously into RPG games would classify the Zelda games as RPGs, but I may be wrong.

Foxy, I have swathed myself in hirsute superfluities to encourage you to apply yourself to me like poultice. The symmetry of my sinews in my heart get framed while your river brims over. Images of myself gazing at the broken wineglass in the cold fireplace commence and my arousing ocean feels as though it has been folded and hung up to dry when your river that runs through my cavern dries up.

Posted by dark_zero

I think wind waker is fun

Posted by pootiewoo

the second time into Forsaken Fortress-- I killed the Bokoblin--but cant get the spotlights out --why??? and then i thought if i left the fortress came back in it would reset and i would do it--but ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh no --- so what do i do Thanks

Posted by Pit

Quoting Shadow Elf: Many people have argued that Zelda is an RPG...but I think of RPG's as Final Fantasy and Golden Sun. Do people think this because Zelda has that elvish, midieval look to it, or is it the actual gameplay?

You do know that there's various RPG's, right?

MMORPG's, Action RPG's, turn-based RPG's, etc.

Zelda, Starfox Adventures, and Kingdom Hearts are action RPG's. It has nothing to do with "evilish" or "midieval" look. You get weapon upgrades, you get heart containers which is like HP, you get a magic bar, again, like an RPG, you buy items like potions, etc, and basically every RPG element you want is in a Zelda game.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: the second time into Forsaken Fortress-- I killed the Bokoblin--but cant get the spotlights out --why??? and then i thought if i left the fortress came back in it would reset and i would do it--but ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh no --- so what do i do Thanks

The second time in, where you fight the Puppet Ganon for the first time, all you have to do, is run up to the big entrance door (the one were you first went into the first time through) and Puppet Ganon should immeditately attack you. Defeat him.

Anyways, Pit is right. Zelda is, indeed, an RPG.

Posted by Madame Flurrie

Zelda is more like an action adventure game than an action RPG, if only because not every battle gives you experience, only boss battles (and even there you're only gaining one new heart). So, Zelda 2 is really the only game in the series that's an action RPG because it has a bona fide experience system.

But anyway... I'm currently playing through Wind Waker for the first time (It's not that I'm slow, I've played WW before, just never gotten very far. I have a bad habit of putting Zelda games down and never picking them back up again, you see). I really loved the Master Sword dungeon and the sequences that followed because of all of the references to past games- I got shivers when I heard the castle theme from A Link to the Past! :)