Paranoia Agent

Posted by Edoc'sil

This show is awesome! It's my favorite show. I kinda feel bad for Ichi. I mean all the kids turned agianst him. I thought my school was bad, but boy after that man. And that one girl who's father took bad pics of her using a hidden camera. It's just one thing after another. It's awesome!

Posted by Prince Shondronai

The Dragon Warrior episode was classic. It was the funniest thing in the world when Little Slugger couldn't decide what to do, and a menu popped up, selected an option, and he acted on it!

Posted by Sorrow

I love this show its really cool.Who knew that a story about a kid hitting people with a bat would be interesting?

Posted by Edoc'sil

They supposedly caught him. Then A boy dressed exactly like him went into his cell with gold skates and the twisted bat and killed him. I now know why it is called paranoia Agent. One of the detectives is trying to solve the mystery and his dreams are haunted by an old man. One of his dreams was a magic show the man was putting on, The old man split in two. That's when the detective came up with the thereory He is on person but he's not. He also discovered that Lil' slugger was attacking cornered people. Uichi, the one girl with the lost memory. They felt trapped with something. Uichi had the bullying, His tutor had I don't know and the one girl had her father. Only one person was different. the boy with the green shirt. A copy cat which was killed in his jail cell hit him. Now the detective is driving himself mad trying to catch Lil' Slugger. I bet he's next

Posted by Edoc'sil

How come no one likes this thread? I know not many people watch it but those who do could post. Please post. Like now. Come on what are you waiting for? Post!

Posted by Xenos

Uh... Maybe it's not that no one likes this thread, perhaps it's that no one has ever watched it before? :eek: Please don't bump threads with post like that. Consult the moderator of this forum if you have anymore questions.

As for the anime itself, it seems interesting. I was a big fan of Perfect Blue, who is the creator of this as well. :)

Posted by Ami

You've told me about it. It sounds pretty cool.

Posted by Edoc'sil

It is! I know I told you about it. I told you about it for fifteen min. almost.

Posted by QUAKE126

at first i thought paranoia agent was relly gay but it grew on me

Posted by Trinity

I love it! Lil' slugger is awesome. I loved how he attacked the guy while he was driving. Somehow he ended up in the backseat. Funny stuff.

Posted by Kohaku

I saw an episode. It was pretty cool.

Posted by Trinity

You saw at my party. Because I made you watch.

Posted by Yonaka

This is a decent show. I haven't watched it for a while. Did it get canceled?

Posted by gamerSam

I loved this series. I wish I had the money for the soundtrack.

Posted by Aeshataro

The first few times I watched this anime I was sort of like "WTF. o_O" and was completely lost. But after a few more episodes you finally get it and it grows on you :). Yeah, it's a pretty good anime with lots of twists and stuff.

Posted by Dexter

Sounds like something I should dive into and experience. We should be finish with the series we're currently watching by the end of the week and we were looking for our next series. Looks like this will be it. Expect some of my thoughts on this anime by this time next week.

Yeah, Netflix has all four volumes. yay! Thanks for the suggestion.

Posted by Dexter

Watched the first volume this morning. Decent material. The entire volume was a bunch of character introductions, but boy were the characters interesting. They all had some fairly severe psychological problems. Look forward to seeing how it all turns out.

Posted by Average n00b

My two favourite episodes:

The one where those three people were trying to commit suicide, the little girl was the best. xDD They CREEPED out Lil' Slugger. The episode was one of the funniest in my opinion.
--

Then, the one where those four girls were gossiping about him and making up stories, like when the doctor got the egg wrong for the lady and he got paranoied, the baby's image looked like lil' slugger.

Posted by Tiptoegecko

Quoting Average n00b: My two favourite episodes:

The one where those three people were trying to commit suicide, the little girl was the best. xDD They CREEPED out Lil' Slugger. The episode was one of the funniest in my opinion.
--

Then, the one where those four girls were gossiping about him and making up stories, like when the doctor got the egg wrong for the lady and he got paranoied, the baby's image looked like lil' slugger.

I loved the 3 suicidal people episode, but I didnt like the woman gossip one too much.

Paranoia Agent is an excellent anime, extremely weird, but excellent

Posted by Dexter

kk, so I finished up the entire series. It was a little too obscure for my taste. I need an expert to explain some things. Like, what was with the black shadow? And the children's literature heaven? And how was Maromi and Little Slugger the same?

My favorite episode was probably "Drowsing Maromi."

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Dexter: kk, so I finished up the entire series. It was a little too obscure for my taste. I need an expert to explain some things. Like, what was with the black shadow? And the children's literature heaven? And how was Maromi and Little Slugger the same?

My favorite episode was probably "Drowsing Maromi."

Well, Lil' Slugger and Maromi were the same in the way that they were both created mentally by Tsukiko and both were kinda symbolic of her fighting mind. One trying to defend her from the truth(Maromi) and another trying to make her face it(Lil' Slugger)

I also think that they shadow was suppose to be kinda like the birth of Lil' Slugger and I'm not too sure on the literature heaven.

Posted by Dexter

Interesting stuff. I thought as much towards those aspects. Some things are difficult to see for what they are and we often find ourselves looking into things either too deeply or entirely in the wrong direction. The discussions that arose as we progressed through the series kept us questioning things and never taking much for what it was meant for even when it was more obvious. We couldn't get comfortable with any set idea. This has been the most obscure anime we've watched so far and was different from everything else we've been into so it was quite a delight.

The children's literature heaven was tough to understanding. Even getting simple ideas about the meaning was difficult to do for us. It just sort of happened seemingly out of nowhere and caught us off-guard. We were there for awhile before I began to even realize it. Transitions are usually key moments to understanding certain meanings and I sort of missed out on that one.

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Dexter: The children's literature heaven was tough to understanding. Even getting simple ideas about the meaning was difficult to do for us. It just sort of happened seemingly out of nowhere and caught us off-guard. We were there for awhile before I began to even realize it. Transitions are usually key moments to understanding certain meanings and I sort of missed out on that one.

After rewatching, I think it was a way of the detective finding some type of hope, because if you noticed the brand of smokes he got was the brand hope and he also chased after an old-style burglar, which he mentioned that's the type of criminal he dreamed of going after when he became a cop.

Just a thought

Plus, Maromi says that it is his town, so I believe it's kinda like his own haven.

Posted by Tiptoegecko

[IMG]http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/7065/vlcsnap164172su9.png[/IMG]

IT'S LIL' SLUGGER