Soundtrack to your life?

Posted by Shin_Akuma

(could not delete, so i'm going to use this post to explain why i attempted to clone Taygovp's post.

basically, i thought that it was a good, thought provoking question to put forward, and somewhat original. however, i didn't split it from the thread it was originally in because it was an appropriate answer to it. so, i copied it, deleted all the posts in it i could, but i was unable to delete this one without destroying the thread.

-sabredog

p.s. hi shin akuma.)

Posted by taygovp

I dunno. I mean people say everyone's life has a soundtrack. Mine really does. My taste in music changes with the weather, what I'm doing, night or day, etc. Lots of my memories are attached to certain songs. Well, I suppose that part is true for everybody. For example, there really is such a thing as "driving music." That being said, it just doesn't have quite the same effect in a minivan or in rush hour traffic. Anybody else have a life soundtrack? What's on it?

Posted by Shin_Akuma

Lmao...Hi. As to your queston, it reallt depends on my mood.
Angry- Black Curtains- megadeth, So What- metallica, The Art Of Shredding-Pantera, War Inside My Head- dream theater, Five Magics- Megadeth, Killing In The Name Of- rage against the machine

Happy- Rock And Roll Mcdonalds- no clue who did this song *dont ask*, Kit Kat Bar jingle *once again dont ask >_>*, Victory- megadeth, Bannana Phone- raphi, Albaquerque- weird al *I know I spelled that wrong so meh*, Ryu's theme- Street Fighter 2, Mables Fatal Fable- Jason Becker, The Simpsons Theme- ???, Mario Bros. Theme. Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air song- will smith i guess?

Nervous- The Ninja solo- Cacophony, The Test That Stumped Them All- Dream theater, The annoying sound of dripping water by-my imagination
okay im getting tired so the rest of the post will come later, night

Posted by MetalVox~55

A mixture of Steve Vai, Dream Theater, Evergrey, Soilwork, and Opeth's "Hope Leaves".

Vai for happy
Dream Theater for normal
Evergrey for sad
Soilwork for angry
"Hope Leaves" for when i'm with Whitney

Posted by PROXY

I've never actually played an MMOG (I'm assuming MMORPG), but I've played my friends accounts for a couple hours (WorldofWarcraft). To be honest, they don't actually grab me all that well. I wanna try out Guild Wars and some others that are comign out like Auto Assualt, but I hate that first I gotta spend 50 bucks, then a subscription (not Guild Wars I know), just to find out if I'll even like the game. Like I know people who've bought games and they've either sucked or not gotten enough attention to keep updating and what not.

Even with WoW, it seems like the same thing over and over again and a very limited amount of things that your character can do. I do wanna check out City of Villians though.I've never actually played an MMOG (I'm assuming MMORPG), but I've played my friends accounts for a couple hours (WorldofWarcraft). To be honest, they don't actually grab me all that well. I wanna try out Guild Wars and some others that are comign out like Auto Assualt, but I hate that first I gotta spend 50 bucks, then a subscription (not Guild Wars I know), just to find out if I'll even like the game. Like I know people who've bought games and they've either sucked or not gotten enough attention to keep updating and what not.

Even with WoW, it seems like the same thing over and over again and a very limited amount of things that your character can do. I do wanna check out City of Villians though.I've never actually played an MMOG (I'm assuming MMORPG), but I've played my friends accounts for a couple hours (WorldofWarcraft). To be honest, they don't actually grab me all that well. I wanna try out Guild Wars and some others that are comign out like Auto Assualt, but I hate that first I gotta spend 50 bucks, then a subscription (not Guild Wars I know), just to find out if I'll even like the game. Like I know people who've bought games and they've either sucked or not gotten enough attention to keep updating and what not.

Even with WoW, it seems like the same thing over and over again and a very limited amount of things that your character can do. I do wanna check out City of Villians though.

Posted by Shin-Ra

Excellent topic. Two full-length albums come to mind.

Agalloch - The Mantle
This album expresses a great admiration and respect for nature, while also integrating human emotions dealing with spirituality and love. I can relate to this album for all of these reasons, especially the very Pantheist inspired lyrics and bittersweet reflections of past experiences while wandering amongst more natural landscapes. When I listen to this album I get a very inspired, restless wanderlust which I believe is a huge part of myself that has been desperately trying to get out and is fed through music. Drudkh (Autumn Aurora, get it) and Nest also fit this category very, very well.

Anathema - Judgement
It's pretty much an album based on the healing from a certain loss, break up, death or otherwise. It's something easy to relate to and find yourself thinking of during particular happenings similar to the theme. A Perfect Circle's Mer de Noms is very similar in this aspect.

Posted by Richaod

Happy: Diorama - Silverchair (search for my Amazon review if you're that interested)
Feeling wondrous: Mabool - Orphaned Land
Reflective: ****ation - Opeth, or probably some random doom metal like My Dying Bride
Cynical: *** Hates Us All - Slayer (especially Payback, but really just Slayer in general as opposed to any one album), Character - Dark Tranquillity
Saying angry things that conflict with what I'm actually feeling: Colony - In Flames (I wonder why)