What would this world be like without music?

Posted by Shin_Akuma

The title speaks for itself. discuss.

Posted by Fate

We wouldn't know because it never existed.

But I guess it would be boring had it once existed. That would be odd to think about, though, since the very knowledge of music existence would provoke someone into making it.

Posted by taygovp

I dunno. I mean people say everyone's life has a soundtrack. Mine really does. My taste in music changes with the weather, what I'm doing, night or day, etc. Lots of my memories are attached to certain songs. Well, I suppose that part is true for everybody. For example, there really is such a thing as "driving music." That being said, it just doesn't have quite the same effect in a minivan or in rush hour traffic. Anybody else have a life soundtrack? What's on it?

Posted by MetalVox~55

Steve Vai's guitar wouldn't cost an arm and a leg then :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Posted by loathing

I wouldn't have to put up with the half-literate drivel on this board, so there's always an upside.

Posted by MetalVox~55

Quoting loathing: I wouldn't have to put up with the half-literate drivel on this board, so there's always an upside.

You, sir, are a downer. Out of this forum with you. :link:

Posted by Caryatid

It would suck. Plain and simple.

Posted by rivercitytecmo

as much as i like music, i think i'd actually prefer it to not exist. there's music playing in my head pretty much every waking hour, and that cuts into my thinking time. i often wonder how much philosophical progress we as a society are forgoing in order to listen to music. but you could also argue that music stimulates thought, so maybe i'm way off.

same thing with tv. don't get me wrong, i love both.

Posted by Boner

quiet

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

We'd be a much more civilized and advanced people.

*Shrugs*

Posted by NightmareBassX

If music never existed, then the aspect of music itself would be to complex. Its just like "The Giver".

Posted by Hyper

It wouldn't have made much of a difference to me last year, but now that I listen to music every day, I'd really hate to not have any :(

Posted by brownoystercult

Less gangsters.