For how long have you been playing Zelda games?

Posted by Xero

I started playing Zelda when the first zelda 64 came out (ocarina of time), but at first, I dint like it, cuz I was stuck.

About 2 years ago, one of my friends had bought a zelda game :OOT, and I got back on it again. This time I was more patient and I managed to go far. I figured out how to go through Deku tree, than I managed to beat Dodongo (was simple), thats when I got addicted. It took me 1 year and a half to go through the game of OOT. I had to use guides sometimes (water temple mostly) and I killed ganondorf.

Now i'm keeping the storyline: I'm in Majora's mask, but i'm not quite far, cuz I dint use a guide. I'm tryin to do it by myself, but its not easy.

No other zelda games for the moment... This thread is about YOUR zelda storyline. When have you started playin? How did you discover it? For how long? What games? Do you still like it?

:devil:

Posted by VicE

Since '88, when I first played the original Zelda on NES (it was my sister's, but I ended up playing it more than she did, hehe).

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Flame ghost: I started playing Zelda when the first zelda 64 came out (ocarina of time)

Your observation is quite off. That is definitely not the first Zelda game. That is the first Zelda game for the Nintendo 64, but there were prior games for Super Nintendo and regular Nintendo. I started off playing Zelda games with the original NES Zelda game. I don't remember the exact year, but it was recently after its release. Then, a few years later, I went on to playing Link's Adventure. I have been flowing through them in the order they have been coming out, excluding the paw-held Zelda games.

Posted by booyah719

Quoting Flame ghost: I started playing Zelda when the first zelda 64 came out (ocarina of time), but at first, I dint like it, cuz I was stuck.

Quoting Dexter: Your observation is quite off. That is definitely not the first Zelda game.

That would be why he said the first Zelda 64 game (in other words, OoT, not Mujula's Mask).

Anyway, my first was Link's Adventure. I hadn't actually played the first one until a few years ago. I was young when I got it for the Nintendo, and it was quite a challenging game, same with A Link to the Past when it came out (I had to stockpile those blue potions for Ganon!) Now, it's a breeze.

Posted by Ex-Linkman

You misread his post Dexter. He said the first Zelda 64 which in fact was Ocarina of Time. He didn't say Ocarina of Time was the first Zelda in general.

Anyway, I've been playing Zelda for as long as I can remember. As a young kid, I played the first two on NES with no clue what I was doing. not having much of an interest in videogames until the year 2000, the next Zelda after that that I played was Wind Waker. After that though, I caught up, and have played allk except Link to the Past.

Posted by Zeta

My first Zelda game was Link's Awakening DX. I got it when I was 9, so I've been playing Zelda games for nearly 6 years, although it seems a helluva lot longer than that. I really sucked at figuring out the puzzles in the game. (It took me a week to figure out how to beat the Bottle Grotto boss. XD)

Posted by Xero

Quoting VicE: Since '88, when I first played the original Zelda on NES (it was my sister's, but I ended up playing it more than she did, hehe).

Wow! 88! For how many years has Zelda games existed?

Posted by Nizmo

The first time I ever played a Zelda game was around the first week Wind Waker was released. That was my first Zelda game ever, so it'd be around 2003. After that I bought a couple of Zelda GBA games. And with Wind Waker I got that bonus disc too. That was also the first time I'd played Ocarina Of Time / Master Quest. I never once played the old ones.

Posted by Bebop

Ocarina of time was my first one. I was too young to remember the NES one and indeed the SNES one. ANd I must say what a game!

Posted by VicE

Quoting Flame ghost: Wow! 88! For how many years has Zelda games existed?

The very first Zelda for NES came out in 1987.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Adventures of Link is the first Zelda game I play I believe. So quite awhile.

Posted by Xero

So its been 18 years that zelda games existed? Wow! I'm almost sad we cant find the veryfirst one today (in shop) :devil:

Posted by Bubblez

The first time I played a Zelda game was when I got my NES. I can't remember the year but it's a long time ago. I liked the game but I wasn't reall hooked. It was A Link To The Past that really got me, what a great game! Ocarina Of Time was nice, but somehow I'm not really into 3D Zelda.

Posted by Ganon

I first played Zelda: Ocarina of TTime back in good 'ol 98.

Posted by Megatron

I first played Zelda back when the first one, well, since I played the first one back in 89. I didn't really get into the series until OoT though.

Posted by Xero

I've beaten Odolwa this week-end. He was quite hard honestly. I'm keeping up my storyline from OoT.
I have a quick question: where are the 15 fairies of the woodfall temple? I've only found 10...
Sry if i'm off subject, but I dint want to start a new thread just for that question.

Posted by Sk2k52

I been playing since the begining baby. Sadly, I never beat em until alink to the past :( I had to get my cousin to beat most the bosses in oot the first time too, was like 11 back then.

Posted by SonicBlu

My first Zelda game is the old 1987 classic NES Legend of Zelda title. I acquired the game during my sophomore year in High School. You can sure bet that I did as much homework as I could possibly complete during lunch hour in the library, so that I could have that extra time freed up to endulge myself within the old Hyrule setting. Took me roughly six months to finish the game, and another two months burning down every bush and blowing up every wall in every corner of Hyrule to see if I could find any secrets.

Majora's Mask is indeed quite a difficult game to play without a game guide. It was the very first Zelda game I ever played where I had to consult the game guide for help. I can imagine how tough the game has to be on you, FlameGhost. Took me a great deal of time just to find the first dungeon, but once I got further into the game, it wasn't as difficult to locate the other dungeons. Still, I enjoyed it, and I do have to admit there are a lot of places that still give me trouble, even after years of playing the game over and over again. I just wish there were more than just four dungeons in the game. I tend to see Majora's Mask moreover as "a side-quest game for those who love side quests...with a few dungeons to keep the game interesting."

Posted by Xero

Yes, its quite hard, because at different days, different things happen. For example, if you go on the 1st day at midnight to north clock town, you save a lady from a robber, but it only happens at THAT time! I have to stay there all night, cuz otherwise ill be late if I go somewhere else.

Posted by Sauron

I use to sneak play LTTP when my brother was gone(real young), didn't understand a thing. A few years later I rented OoT for n64, again, I look at the game and go 'wtf'. I think it was four year's ago my Mother bought Oot for me, and I loved it(I finally sat down and learned how to play).

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

The first Zelda I played was OoT, years ago. I didn't really play much of it, as it was my friends', and I didn't own an N64 at the time. But four years ago or so, I bought an N64, and another of my friends let me borrow OoT. I went through it fairly quickly, enjoying every minute. It's still one of my favourite games today.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Angelwing: The first Zelda I played was OoT, years ago. I didn't really play much of it, as it was my friends', and I didn't own an N64 at the time. But four years ago or so, I bought an N64, and another of my friends let me borrow OoT. I went through it fairly quickly, enjoying every minute. It's still one of my favourite games today.

You did it fairly quickly? Like a month? A week? It took me a whole year!!! You must have checked a guide!

Quoted post: You did it fairly quickly? Like a month? A week? It took me a whole year!!! You must have checked a guide!

A year? I think I finished in three-four days.

Posted by Xero

wow...I'm not use to look for secrets. The game is stuffed with them.

Posted by Spinal

I started playing zelda when it first came out on nes, i loved the first one ALOT too bad the 2nd one wassn't as good. When it came to snes i was for sure in love, it was even better then the original one for nes imo and i also liked zelda for gb (one of few gb games i still got) anyway, after that it when't down. Zelda for n64 was crap imo, i really didn't like the hole 3d thing, so i also disliked zelda for gc.

Posted by Xero

Strange...I thought that it was better than the 2D one.

Posted by Mystic Hero

OOT got me into the Zelda series. I first played it at my cousin's house. I didn't get far, but it got pretty interesting because I later decided to beat it when I came back the next summer. Ever since hen I've bought a bunch of Zelda games and it they have been quite enjoyable.

Posted by Spinal

Quoting Flame ghost: Strange...I thought that it was better than the 2D one.

Everyone doessn't have the same taste in games tho ;)

Posted by maian

Quoting Sauron: I use to sneak play LTTP when my brother was gone(real young), didn't understand a thing. A few years later I rented OoT for n64, again, I look at the game and go 'wtf'. I think it was four year's ago my Mother bought Oot for me, and I loved it(I finally sat down and learned how to play).

Holy crap, sup Sauron. :cool: Wherev'e you been?

Anyhow, back when I owned my NES, we owned LOZ2, and I didn't understand it. At all. So, I didn't really have an opinion for Zelda, since I ironically thought all the other gameswere like that, when it's really vice-versa. A few years later, my cousins got the gold OOT cart which they preordered for like, $150. I loved playing the market games on that, like Bombchu bowling. XD I eventually asked to borrow it, just because I wanted to play those market games. I created my own file, thinking I wouldn't be able to get through the Deku tree. Well, I sweeped past that, forgot about market games, and beat the game. Zelda is now my favorite series and I know a crapload about it.

Posted by Xero

Is it still possible to find OoT in regular shops today or do you need to get it from a friend?

Posted by William

The first Zelda game that I played was The Legend of Zelda for the NES. After that, I played the second Zelda game for the NES, then A Link to the Past for the SNES (which is my favorite Zelda game of all time by the way).

I did try to play the N64 ones, but didn't quite like them. Same with all the rest as well.

Not sure what year I started playing the Zelda games though...Maybe 1997.

Quoted post: Is it still possible to find OoT in regular shops today or do you need to get it from a friend?

You probably won't find them in any big name game shops (as most don't even sell anything N64 anymore). But try pawn stores, or second hand stores. I've seen more than a few copies at places like that. Independent places are your best bet.

Posted by Kid-Heaven

Well depends where you live, in england theres a place called game station who sell all the clasics and all the brand new games so it's a pretty decent store, i would just search on amazon though or maybe just a online game shop

Posted by ScudZteR

i bot my N64 the day OoT came out ands bot OoT the same day, ive been hooked ever since.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Vampiro: You probably won't find them in any big name game shops (as most don't even sell anything N64 anymore). But try pawn stores, or second hand stores. I've seen more than a few copies at places like that. Independent places are your best bet.

Yeah...Where I live, we have Microplay, where you can exchange,buy,or sell games. I should find anything I was there. I think they even sell segas there... My second best place would probably be Id

Posted by Tails

The first LoZ game I played was Zelda II: The Adventure of Link. I was three years old at the time, but quite advanced for my age... when it came to video games, that is. Since then, I've played all of the Zelda games and beaten them all to. I really enjoyed the Master Quest re-make of OoT. That was veryr good and challenging, but not hard enough for me to give up! ...Dang, it really stinks to be a great gamer... all games are easy to you and you get no challenges... it's actually no fun.

Posted by FerreTrip

Hmmnah...Lessee...Well, I think that the first game I'd ever played was Ocarina of Time, I think back in 98 or so. So, I think...seven years. O_O!! YEAH!! That HAS to be it! Because I was around when OoT came out, and was just totally stunned when I found out it was seven years since then that they're making Twilight Princess!! So, I think that I've been a Zelda gamer for 7 years. I think that I began the 2-d Zelda not too long after I got to MD, so like 6 years 2-d. First game: Link's Awakening DX.

Posted by speedemon35

Been playing them for like over 18 months now. After a considerable break I just hadto replay them

Posted by Fei-on Castor

I first played Zelda in 1990 for the NES.

But I didn't really like any of the 3-d games. I loved LA, LTTP, and I liked the oracle games too (didn't love, but did like). Honestly, I've tried more times than I can count to get into OoT, but the game has never caught my attention, even a few hours into gameplay. I had to "choke it down" and force myself to play it, hoping that I'd suddenly start liking it because everyone says that it is so great, and I really badly want to enjoy the game... But I just can't!

Dang.

Posted by Zeratul

I played the first Zelda for Nes when i was four, i went to this garage sale where they had a nes and 50 games for sale. My all time favorite has to be a link to the past though.

Posted by Gamer

Started playing zelda back on the N64.

Posted by Untamed

I started playing about a year ago. My first game was OoT, then I played MM, and I just beat WW. I'm on the final dungeon of OoS right now.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Untamed: I started playing about a year ago. My first game was OoT, then I played MM, and I just beat WW. I'm on the final dungeon of OoS right now.

Did you prefere Oot to MM?

Posted by ExoXile

Let's see... since 1994.

Posted by Xero

Wow...11 years. Did you play them all?

Posted by LagunasSweetling

Since ocarina of time was released. Then i became an addict lol.

Posted by ExoXile

Quoting Flame ghost: Wow...11 years. Did you play them all?

Nope, not the GB versions :(

Posted by Xero

A link to past? Aw thats fine. It was not the best ever made anyway.

Posted by Pit

Quoting Flame ghost: A link to past? Aw thats fine. It was not the best ever made anyway.

Link to the Past was amazing, what the hell are you talking about?

Posted by Ant

Since the very first one...I was like 4 or so. So I guess that would be about 15 years.

Posted by ExoXile

Quoting Flame ghost: A link to past? Aw thats fine. It was not the best ever made anyway.

NAIN!!!... DUDE!... that's the best Zelda game ever made!
And it's for the SNES, not the GB/A. LOL.

Posted by Pit

Quoting ExoXile: NAIN!!!... DUDE!... that's the best Zelda game ever made!
And it's for the SNES, not the GB/A. LOL.

Okay, we know you're not really laughing out loud, and the whole part of it being the best Zelda game, well, that's pure opinion.

Besides the point, I don't think LttP can be compared to 3D Zelda games, not any other 2D Zelda games. I do agree that LttP is the best, 2D wise, but 3D wise, it goes to Majoras Mask, imo.

If anyone has the reason to say that "well, the story sucked in MM", well, the story sucked for all the games frankly. OoT was just LttP with a 3D coat and alterations that made the story deeper, etc. In fact, almost every Zelda game follows the collect 3 items in return for the ultimate sword trend. I liked MM because of the gameplay, the dungeons, etc.

Posted by ExoXile

Hehe, well... i changed my mind.

THE LEGEND OF ZELDA (NES) is the best of'em.

Posted by Xero

Well you might think a link to past is the best, but I think OoT IS the best followed by MM and then WW.

Posted by Pit

Quoting Flame ghost: Well you might think a link to past is the best, but I think OoT IS the best followed by MM and then WW.

Opinion is a beautiful thing isn't it?

Posted by Xero

Yup! Its called watch your rep in VGC...:(

Posted by cool gamer dad

I started playing Zelda on the original Nintendo in around '93. Got OoT early on and loved it. After a year or two of that, I stopped playing.

I played about halfway through Majora's Mask, and quit.

Posted by GameMiestro

Hmm. I played Wind Waker for about half an hour, got bored, and played something else. Thats about it...

Posted by Angerion the Brave

I first played The Legend of Zelda on the NES when I was 2. we had rented it and I sucked at it but I loved it. Later on my Dad thought he had grabbed the right game, but accidently rented Zelda II: Links Adventure instead, which was also fun but I was even worse at it.

When We got our SNES, my brother bought Link to the Past which I played like crazy, that's when I stated to really like Zelda and I've Mastered ALTTP.

Posted by Xero

Quoting GameMiestro: Hmm. I played Wind Waker for about half an hour, got bored, and played something else. Thats about it...

You got bored on WW? ONE of the best zelda games? Your impressive dude :p