Chrono Cross help.

Posted by Poco

Allright, i need some help. I'm at the very beginning, and I have to get the komodo scales. Now, I defeated the one that you trap with the rock, and the one you have to chase, I know how to get the other one beat them, but when I do, the game just freezes. The battle doesn't end, or anything. Did I do it in the wrong order or something? I've cleaned the disc several times already, btw.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

I've had this happen before, when I first bought a used copy of the game. A few times, if I would jam the buttons on the controller, the game would snap out of it, allowing me to continue with the battle. But the disk was scratched up quite a bit, and was becoming aggravating to play, so I just returned that copy for a brand new one, which is probably what you'll have to do. The game won't freeze just because you collected the scales in a different order. The order doesn't matter; your disc must be scratched.

Posted by Poco

I'll clean it 2 or 3 more times, just to make sure. The EB games is about an hour from my house, and I'll try cleaning it. I mean everythinjg still works and such. The battle just doesn't end. The people keep moving and stuff, and everything.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Yeah, mine did the exact same thing. Sometimes, the battles would be fine, other times, Serge and party would show up with the monsters, but the stats did not. But yeah, try cleaning it a bit more. But if you're having problems with it now, you'll eventually have problems with it later, so I'd just get a new copy, if I were you.