*URGENT* VB Problem...broken?

Posted by David-VB

I say this is urgent because I have just paid

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

Hmmm... I doubt that its the system... maybe its just Virtual League baseball game thats broken.

Posted by David-VB

Hmm, I hope it is the game!

The game was brand new and sealed, as you probably know there are loads of brand new copies of baseball flying around ebay.

I'm getting some more games from ebay soon, hopefully they will work.

It it IS just the baseball game thats not working, then thats no big loss....the game is crap anyway lol

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

Quoting David-VB:

It it IS just the baseball game thats not working, then thats no big loss....the game is crap anyway lol

True!

Posted by lameboyadvance

I highly doubt its the game, unfortunately. :(

I think I've heard this exact problem before. Most of the time its just a matter of reseating the display cables (which unfortunately involves opening the console). You can't use the commercially available Nintendo screwdrivers to reach the deep screws of the console, so you have to [url=http://dogpn.home.mchsi.com/VirtualBoy/VBDissect.htm]make your own[/url].
[img]http://dogpn.home.mchsi.com/VirtualBoy/Screwdriver.JPG[/img][img]http://dogpn.home.mchsi.com/VirtualBoy/ScrewdriverHead.JPG[/img]

[img]http://dogpn.home.mchsi.com/VirtualBoy/VB4.JPG[/img]
See the cables on the top left/right of the PCB? Those are the ones that seem to give the most troubles.

NOTE: If you do open your VB, its best to replace the screws with normal ones so you can use a regular screwdriver if anything should need adjusting in future.

Posted by vbking

Hi,

I have had the same problem, what you need to do is tap the top of the virtual boy gently. The reason you need to do this is because a new VB which has not been used for a while just need the conectors moved slightly. This is a common fault with VB's.

Regards,

VBKING

Posted by darkchicken

I've never actually played an MMOG (I'm assuming MMORPG), but I've played my friends accounts for a couple hours (WorldofWarcraft). To be honest, they don't actually grab me all that well. I wanna try out Guild Wars and some others that are comign out like Auto Assualt, but I hate that first I gotta spend 50 bucks, then a subscription (not Guild Wars I know), just to find out if I'll even like the game. Like I know people who've bought games and they've either sucked or not gotten enough attention to keep updating and what not.

Even with WoW, it seems like the same thing over and over again and a very limited amount of things that your character can do. I do wanna check out City of Villians though.I've never actually played an MMOG (I'm assuming MMORPG), but I've played my friends accounts for a couple hours (WorldofWarcraft). To be honest, they don't actually grab me all that well. I wanna try out Guild Wars and some others that are comign out like Auto Assualt, but I hate that first I gotta spend 50 bucks, then a subscription (not Guild Wars I know), just to find out if I'll even like the game. Like I know people who've bought games and they've either sucked or not gotten enough attention to keep updating and what not.

Even with WoW, it seems like the same thing over and over again and a very limited amount of things that your character can do. I do wanna check out City of Villians though.I've never actually played an MMOG (I'm assuming MMORPG), but I've played my friends accounts for a couple hours (WorldofWarcraft). To be honest, they don't actually grab me all that well. I wanna try out Guild Wars and some others that are comign out like Auto Assualt, but I hate that first I gotta spend 50 bucks, then a subscription (not Guild Wars I know), just to find out if I'll even like the game. Like I know people who've bought games and they've either sucked or not gotten enough attention to keep updating and what not.

Even with WoW, it seems like the same thing over and over again and a very limited amount of things that your character can do. I do wanna check out City of Villians though.