Anyone prefer Halo over Halo 2?

Posted by Black_Wolf

I think that it's alot harder to be good at multiplayer in Halo than in Halo 2. It seems that it was more possible to fend off multiple people in the first one with enough well aimed shots. The 2nd, anyone can dual-wield and take out others. Not meaning that beginners do well, it's just that they can play pretty sloppy and still do decent.

The toned down pistol is a huge mistake and the addition of dual-wielding and the sword make the game alot easier for everyone. I just liked the ability to hand people their asses in the first one b/c I'd played it enough and practiced enough to be that good. I can still dominate in the 2nd, but it just feels easier. I think in the 2nd one, if you know the map and land the first shot on your enemy, you will most likely win. Which is crap, b/c nothing felt better than evading an attacker and then dominating them.[/color]

Posted by Raging Gamer

A couple of my friends who get together and play Halo every Friday night actually prefer Halo over Halo 2 to the point where they both traded Halo 2 in and got other things instead. I think this is crazy, I mean why would not keep such a game that will be a classic. Oh well, I guess they got $35 for each of them and were able to buy some new controllers. But still, what a waste of a good game.

Posted by Burn

The dual wielding is interesting because it really puts you at a disadvantage with the sniper and the shotgun. Someone can really light you up if you don't get em quick with a shotgun. But personally, I like halo 2 better.

Posted by bobdole1286

i do.if halo had Xbox Live, halo would dominate halo 2.

Posted by kirbykid

i like halo one for a few reasons. one, its got a longer campain. second, im actually able to beat my dad in halo 1... (for some reason hes unbeatable in halo 2) i think it has somthing to do with the tanks. third, you can have a black suit for you player

Posted by Slade

It's definitely true that dominating a match takes more skill in Halo1 than Halo2. But then again, if you think about it, even if a guy gets the only energy sword on the map(or gets a rocket launcher), he can still be killed almost as easily as someone with any other guns. So I believe that Halo2 takes a different approach to fighting than Halo1 does. Halo1 depends on aim, Halo2 depends on using your enviroment, the placement of weapons on the map, and abilities(like higher/farther jumping) to overcome your opponents.
Oh, and I enjoy multiplayer on Halo1 with fewer people more, and on Halo2 with more people...er, more.

Posted by Foxy McCloud

I miss the zoom function with the pistol. It was my favorite weapon. But now it's really lousy and I'm stuck with double fisting people to death. :(

Posted by Arbiter

halo sucks comparid to halo2 look at the graphics

Posted by DeAthInCaRnAte

Man buddy graphics arent everything anyways i do agree the weapons do semi-depress but once you start really playin with them you juts fall in love with the newer more improved versions of hte guns. Even though the kinda messed with the sniper it did make the game much much better.

Posted by Skitzo Control

Halo is the superior game in so many ways. There are no screwy glitches like flying across the maps, or pushing players in the air, floating Master Chief, or dummy Elites. The only abusable glitches in Halo are backpack reloads, double-melees, and so forth. It takes a lot more skill to play Halo than it does for Halo 2: you need to lead your shots, you just can't run in and fire all your guns to kill a guy, and each level has a certain weapon you keep (other than the pistol) to take down the opposition. In Halo, the most skilled player wins, not the one who can pick up a Sword and Sniper or Battle Rifle and Plasma Pistol.

Posted by spitfire13

its right that who ever has the first bullet in the shield will probably lose b/c its easier to become good but still, i like the maps in halo 2 and wouldnt doubt its greatness

Posted by Skitzo Control

You like the maps in Halo 2?! How? Halo maps are better than Halo 2, by far. Headlong is terrible, Foundation is an even crappier version of Wizard, Coagulation is a rehash of an already terrible map, Beaver Creek made it too easy to get up to Sniper and Rocket thus making Battle Creek a superior level (with a superior name), Burial Mounds is like another shi[b][/b]tty Blood Gulch (that's saying a lot, considering Blood Gulch is already a shi[b][/b]tty map), Water Works wants to be good although it is not, Lockout is nearly as good as the worst small map on Halo (Chiron TL34), and not a single map on Halo 2 has anything on Da[b][b][/b][/b]mnation, Chill Out, Hang 'em High, Rat Race, or Prisoner.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Lockout is the only good map.

Posted by Foxy McCloud

Zanzibar is fun with a lot of people.

Posted by quickSHOT_14

i cant say ive only played halo 2

Posted by Skitzo Control

QuickSHOT, you are missing out on the pinnacle of console FPS gaming!

Posted by MasterCheif12345

Halo 2 by far was better than Halo. My reason the Halo legendary ending was a waste of my time. It was one of the must ****ed up endings ever. The Duel weilding in halo 2 made it better then halo because you could find differnt ways to kill enimies instead of a few. Story was better in halo 2 and graphics were much better. So Halo 2 wins easliy

Im currently playing:
-Call of Duty:Finest Hour
-XIII
-Hot Shots Golf 3
-StuntMan
-Half-Life(PS2)

Posted by Pit

The dual wielding ruined the game. Many ways to kill the enemy, eh'? Here's one... RAH. This isn't like Metroid Prime where you ice beam a metroid and shoot it with a missile. That's a different way to kill an enemy opposed to picking up random weapons on the ground and just killing them. There's only one way to kill an enemy in Halo 2, campaign wise, and that's to kill them.

Halo 1 had a superior campaign which interested me. Halo 2 interested me for a while and then just lost it. Campaign was easy seeing how you can basically combo everything in your way, giving Arbiter camouflage made things easier, and the multiplayer aspect just requieres no skill. The man with the bigger guns wins, that's Halo 2.

Halo 1 was way more balanced, had better maps, and took skill, multiplayer wise.

Posted by Master Chief 12

[Font=Tahoma][Size=2]On one hand Halo has awesome multiplayer-its lack of Xbox Live does not bother me. Halo 1 does not have hopelessly underpowered weapons as seen in the proceeding installment. Halo 1 also has the better maps(Derelict, Sidewinder, Battle Creek, Prisoner, etc.) and most of Halo 2's maps are re-hashes of Halo 1's. It can be far too easy to kill a player in Halo 2 with a Banshee(cheap as hell). Halo 2 has the superior campaign, in my opinion(Although Halo 1's campaign is nothing to scoff at). So overall, my favorite would be Halo. I only like Halo a little more than Halo 2 though.[/FONT][/SIZE]

Posted by hey

I have to agree that Halo Campaign is much better than Halo 2 but some of you guys are a little to overly biased . Im so sick of the haters saying any Noob just get the sword or rocket and he's unstoppable . Sure sword is kinda annoying with 1 hit kills and all some of you guys are a little underestimating how the skill level works . Believe me no noob that is level 10 or so in xbox live will even get 5 kills on me . And if they played pros like the Stk Ogre's they'd get shutout most likely. Wow I swear seems like all most of you guys wanna do is hate they are both great games quit putting down Halo 2 just cause you get killed by a sword 25 times w/o being able to take him out .

Posted by s0ul

Dual wielding is supremely homosexual, it limits the ways you can kill people, it doesn't broaden your options. The only dual wield worth picking up now is SMG/PR and even that has been toned down, and if you're NOT dual wielding those, than the only dual wieldable weapons worth a **** are the plasma rifle and the plasma pistol.

CE maps > H2 maps
CE skill > H2 skill
campaign... what the **** are you playing campaign for

I like Halo 2, I won't deny that at all, but anyone that prefers it to Halo 1... is a noob.

And hey, we've all beaten our share of pros. ;) oh! and what is your gamertag?

[/oldthread]

Posted by cool gamer dad

Quoting hey: I have to agree that Halo Campaign is much better than Halo 2 but some of you guys are a little to overly biased . Im so sick of the haters saying any Noob just get the sword or rocket and he's unstoppable . Sure sword is kinda annoying with 1 hit kills and all some of you guys are a little underestimating how the skill level works . Believe me no noob that is level 10 or so in xbox live will even get 5 kills on me . And if they played pros like the Stk Ogre's they'd get shutout most likely. Wow I swear seems like all most of you guys wanna do is hate they are both great games quit putting down Halo 2 just cause you get killed by a sword 25 times w/o being able to take him out .
I was thinking about disecting your entire post word-for-word to point out exactly what made it funny to those of us that actually know how to play both games...

But we'll just keep it to ourselves.

Posted by psp

The only reason i like halo 2 more is cuz of its online play. If only the first halo had online play for the xbox, then everyone would be happy. The first halo's campaign mode kicks the second ones *** though. Also i somewhat agree with hey. ive played lvl 30's and 40's before and they dont even go after the sword. They just duel wield, snipe, throw granades, or sometimes use rockets. Pretty much, it usually takes skill for the higher lvl's (25 and up) and weapons for the lower lvl's, 24 and down to win a match of halo 2 on xbox live.

Posted by s0ul

uh, I'm a 29 in Team Slayer and I've never ever seen a team pass up sword or rocket. Ever. And I've only seen people use dual wields if they're REALLY desperate.

and everyone above 40 besides Defy is a cheater. :)

Posted by Flounder

Quoting Skitzo Control: You like the maps in Halo 2?! How? Halo maps are better than Halo 2, by far. Headlong is terrible, Foundation is an even crappier version of Wizard, Coagulation is a rehash of an already terrible map, Beaver Creek made it too easy to get up to Sniper and Rocket thus making Battle Creek a superior level (with a superior name), Burial Mounds is like another shi[b][/b]tty Blood Gulch (that's saying a lot, considering Blood Gulch is already a shi[b][/b]tty map), Water Works wants to be good although it is not, Lockout is nearly as good as the worst small map on Halo (Chiron TL34), and not a single map on Halo 2 has anything on Da[b][b][/b][/b]mnation, Chill Out, Hang 'em High, Rat Race, or Prisoner.

OMFG!! thats absurd!! Headlong is a great map b/c without it there is no big AWSOME team battel. and what are these lies about foundation. are you kidding me there is not only one rocket. but 2! and a sword to complement it. shesh i am ashamed of you skitzo

=D

Posted by Flounder

Quoting psp: The only reason i like halo 2 more is cuz of its online play. If only the first halo had online play for the xbox, then everyone would be happy. The first halo's campaign mode kicks the second ones *** though. Also i somewhat agree with hey. ive played lvl 30's and 40's before and they dont even go after the sword. They just duel wield, snipe, throw granades, or sometimes use rockets. Pretty much, it usually takes skill for the higher lvl's (25 and up) and weapons for the lower lvl's, 24 and down to win a match of halo 2 on xbox live.

dude get XBC

Posted by cjs

in movies the original is always better but with games its different i like most sequals (2s) better. of corse i didnt play the first halo much.

Posted by Taffer19

Halo did have online mult XBC, its ok

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Am I the only one who liked both EQUALLY????

Posted by Mini Rebew

i liked halo better than 2 just because the story wasnt as bad. In Halo 2 you could tell that they tried REALLY hard to make an overly dramatic story. Plus i dont like the boss battles in 2. But i play halo 2 because of the xbl support.

Posted by Axis

I liked Halo 1 better. The storyline was actually good and the maps were WAY better, not to say there isn't any good maps on Halo 2.

Posted by Mini Rebew

Quoting Dyers Eve: I liked Halo 1 better. The storyline was actually good and the maps were WAY better, not to say there isn't any good maps on Halo 2.

especially the multiplayer maps....i hate zanzibar and burial mounds.

Posted by s0ul

Why are people bringing up the single player? Did you actually play that crap? It's more fun making really ugly player models, why in ***'s name would you play that awful campaign?! I'm baffled and furious rawr :mad:

Posted by hey

Quoting s0ul: uh, I'm a 29 in Team Slayer and I've never ever seen a team pass up sword or rocket. Ever. And I've only seen people use dual wields if they're REALLY desperate.

and everyone above 40 besides Defy is a cheater. :)

Well it matters which level , Midship or Lockout just about nobody (unless they'd rather use the combo etc.) . But on levels like Burial Mounds and Ivory Tower i've seen it passed up . But really I'd take a sniper or battle rifle over it in all the levels except lockout and midship .