XBOX FAIL TO READ DIRTY DISK ERROR ECt....

Posted by EliteVideoGames

How Many People out there (like me) Had to by a new XBOX because the first one loves to give you the message that your Xbox games are dirty or scratched and cant load! I used to be able to take that message until I got HALO 2 and started playing online only to realize my XBOX would load the map only 50% of the time.....

Posted by Skitzo Control

I've never had that problem. What's wrong with you? Do you not take care of your belongings? Help the children! Take care of your machines.

Posted by higbvuyb

First, it's not XBOX, it's Xbox. It's not HALO 2 either, it's Halo 2.

They use computer dvd drives, which don't malfunction much, therefore you suck, and you don't take care of your Xbox.

Posted by Axis

I have a first generation Xbox and I don't have this problem at all. You probably just suck at keeping care of things.

Posted by Taffer19

hey i got that message for some of my games sometimes but it "rarely" happens. One of my friends had to buy a new Halo2 because his other halo 2 got dirty and scratched etc. I think the games give you that problem leading to the error you get. not the xbox.

Posted by hey

I did have to buy a new one I had a **** Thompson :-(

Posted by Skitzo Control

Yo', fool, getting a Thompson with your box doesn't mean a da[b][/b]mn thing. You just didn't take care of your machine. A Thompson may not read CD-Rs, and only reads a few CD-RW, but it's still fairly reliable. The Samsung drive (arguably the best drive) reads everything, but, just like the Thompson, it will burn out if you don't take care of it.

Also, you're a jive sucka if you bought another box when your drive burned out. The laser/lense pickup is rather easy to fix and replace, all of it could be picked up at Radioshack. Get off yo' punk a[b][/b]ss and work!

Posted by Raging Gamer

The same thing actually happened to me when I try to play Halo 2. I can play NBA 2K5 perfectfly fine, or I'd go nuts ;), but I have taken perfect care of my XBox. I just haven't had the time to look into why my game wont play. It isn't scratched either, so hey lay off the flaming of the newb :flame: hehe.

-RG

Posted by Big Boss

I'm currently browsing through the BioWare message boards, and apparently it's a commonplace issue with old Xbox systems. I didn't think much of it when my copy of Halo 2 would ocassionally refuse to load a map for me, but the moment Jade Empire started feeezing repeatedly, giving me the Dirty/Damaged Disc message, I had to look into it myself. I do take care of my systems, so that isn't the issue.

Problem is, Jade Empire doesn't support Microsoft's memory unit (and it's a Microsoft-published game, no less), so my 30+ hours into the game would go to waste even if I get a new Xbox. I could just change the disc drive from the new Xbox, but that would void my warranty.

Awesome.

Posted by cool gamer dad

My Thompson almost NEVER loads maps off of the disk when playing Halo.

Posted by Big Boss

Quoting Stinger: My Thompson almost NEVER loads maps off of the disk when playing Halo.

Sadly, that's the one I have, too. I haven't bothered to check if you can actually know which disc drive you're getting before purchase. It's unfortunate that we, as consumers, have to go to such lengths just to ensure we'll get the best "version" possible of a videogame console.

Posted by KoH

I don't use "disks" I run games from my hard drive. :) BACKUPS, of course. Except for Live when I use the ORIGINAL disk. I have all the original disks, naturally. :)

PS::: I think that if you buy any newly-manufactored Xboxs you should be okay as far as getting a samsung. But if you already have an Xbox and you're getting ****ed with the dirty disk error, go onto ebay and buy a samsung dvd drive. They usually run for 20 bucks plus maybe 5 dollars or so for shipping so 25 dollars, half of a new video game, to play your games in peace.

I wouldn't suggest getting one now though, unless you're really avid on Xbox, because of the new 360 coming out and the logic going that you might want to save your money.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR=Yellow]It hasn't happened with my Xbox yet, and i bought a used one.[/COLOR]

Posted by project101

I have actually had this happen to my Xbox but I couldnt figure out what happened I even cleaned the game a bunch then I tried a new game but my xbox just turned off.

Posted by CRONOfrog9

Quoting EliteVideoGames: How Many People out there (like me) Had to by a new XBOX because the first one loves to give you the message that your Xbox games are dirty or scratched and cant load! I used to be able to take that message until I got HALO 2 and started playing online only to realize my XBOX would load the map only 50% of the time.....

It has happened to me twice. I would suggest not buying a used one thats what i did and the same thing happened, but i did get it at the bargain price of $50. And I also don't suck at taking care of things.

Posted by Raging Gamer

UPDATE ON MY XBOX: I decided that I needed to fix this issue with my X-Box, so I figured I'd try small, and work my way up to replacing the drive if I had to. Went to the local pharmacy, and picked up a CD Laser cleaner. It's a CD with little brissles on the bottom to clean off the laser. I popped that in for about 30 seconds, then popped in Halo 2, (Prayed) and then it loaded Halo 2 like it was a brand new machine :). I suggest anyone to try this before they go out and replace their drives.

I also may have lucked out, because I found out that I had a more reliable Phillips drive. But good luck!

-RG

Posted by Big Boss

Quoting Raging Gamer: UPDATE ON MY XBOX: I decided that I needed to fix this issue with my X-Box, so I figured I'd try small, and work my way up to replacing the drive if I had to. Went to the local pharmacy, and picked up a CD Laser cleaner. It's a CD with little brissles on the bottom to clean off the laser. I popped that in for about 30 seconds, then popped in Halo 2, (Prayed) and then it loaded Halo 2 like it was a brand new machine :). I suggest anyone to try this before they go out and replace their drives.

I also may have lucked out, because I found out that I had a more reliable Phillips drive. But good luck!

-RG

For me, a CD Lens Cleaner only extends the time in which the Xbox will cough up blood. I managed to finish Jade Empire, but after getting a freeze on X-Men Legends, I've decided to just get a new Xbox and move my files there through a USB drive.

Posted by Raging Gamer

Quoting Big Boss]Jade Empire, but after getting a freeze on X-Men Legends, I've decided to just get a new Xbox and move my files there through a USB drive.[/color]

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]
I read somewhere that you could use a memory stick to transfer all your information...In fact by using a memory stick you can upload special emulators onto your X-box...

And as far as the whole disk thing goes...Get a new drive, because 3 of my friends and I are all having the same problem, and one got a new drive....It works like you wouldn't beleive...
[/COLOR]