Discolored Videos

Posted by AMD_FANBOY

Let me explain. I swapped vid cards out for a couple of months. I let my friend borrow my crap 5200 128mb for his geforce4 ti 4200 128mb. I put my old card back in, and I of course had to reinstall the drivers. I have the latest. When I play something in WMV, DIVX, or any other viewer, it gets really bright and discolored. It is not the monitor of course. In games it does not, nothing else, only videos. I wounderd if it was a codec thing, so I installed nimo codec pack (a very good one). I also reinstalled my nvidia drivers. Somthing is doing this! Any ideas? Thanks!

-Ross (AMD_FANBOY) :gas: *oscar*

Posted by NegativeTrend

Change your hue settings in the driver settings.

Posted by Registered

Discolored Videos tis w00tie

Posted by AMD_FANBOY

Hey thanks NT! Not only was it the hue, but saturation and gamma as well. Thanks for tipping me in the right direction! I now know what vido overlay options are. Thanks again bro!

-Ross

Posted by NegativeTrend

No problem, I messed with em one time too. :)

Posted by KoH

Dude! I had exactly the same problem with the same card! It wasn't the hue or anything that you could do to adjust it, because if you change the hue then all the colors would be changed. No, you just need to completely re-install the card. Drivers, everything. That worked for me, so hopefully it'll work for you.