The Story Behind the Fake Revolution pre-E3 video

Posted by Big Boss

Most of you saw it, a few of you secretly wanted to believe it, and some of you were praising or insulting Nintendo for making a successor to the ill-conceived Virtual Boy. At any rate, the story behind the video is rather interesting, mainly because how and why it was made.

[url="http://www.1up.com/do/feature?cId=3141783"]Click here for the full story![/url]

Posted by Klarth

Fascinating. I'd've loved to've seen the original.

A new Metal Gear game would be welcome on the Revo, though...

Posted by Dark Vader 1.0

tis... w00tie!

Posted by Arczu

[FONT=tIMES nEW rOMAN]Holy shoot- I nearly fell off my chair from that video!

I can't believe a single guy crated that video in only a few days... that's madness. He was sick after creating that too. Seriously, who is that?!
[/font]

Posted by Boner

Someone here posted a link to that video a while ago. I remember seeing it and thiking "Holy sh!t, my prayers have been answered!". I'm a huge fanboy of the Nintendo Virtual Boy. But, even while watching the video, I just couldn't bring myself to believe that Nintendo would do it again. Still, a big part of me wanted it to be true. Perhaps some day...

As for Belmonte, I certainly hope this guy gets hired by Nintendo. They'd be nuts to pass up a guy with this much talent. Even people who loathe the idea of another Virtual Boy, or anything remotely close to it for that matter, were still impressed by that video. I'm sure someone will pick this guy up.

Posted by Big Boss

Quoting Opeth: As for Belmonte, I certainly hope this guy gets hired by Nintendo. They'd be nuts to pass up a guy with this much talent. Even people who loathe the idea of another Virtual Boy, or anything remotely close to it for that matter, were still impressed by that video. I'm sure someone will pick this guy up.

If Nintendo does hire him, it'll surely go public, and that'll only entice a bunch of other, less talented people to try the same stunt. It should be interesting...

Posted by speedemon35

That would be intewresting to see. They wouldn't get the same kind of atention though.

Posted by Dark

I saw the whole video a while back. It's hard to believe someone could've made that in less than a week by himself, that's incredible.

Posted by Chronic

That dude has mad skills.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR=Yellow]When i saw that video days ago for the first time, there was no doubt in my mind that it was just fan created. It's too early for any company to try and explore the virtual reality concept, much less Nintendo, who've already tried it and suffered miserably at it. The strange lookng Mario was also a dead giveaway to me that it wasn't actually a Nintendo made video.

I didn't know that the guy had created it in such a short period of time though. My hat goes off to that man's talent.[/COLOR]

Posted by TendoAddict

=I wanted to belive=

Funny , thats what I thought. It just seems that it was the idea that would take microsoft and sony , choke them with nintendos might, and make nintendo king.

To bad thats not going to happen. But I do take my hats off for the guy and loose 10 points of respect for the company that wont hire him.

He has done better cinimatics then ive seen in any vidoe game ever.

Posted by Aioros

Quoting TendoAddict: He has done better cinimatics then ive seen in any vidoe game ever.

[COLOR=Yellow]Metal Gear Solid 3 had better.[/COLOR]

Posted by Speedfreak

Than he's seen.

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

I'm quite impressed to say the least. That was a huge accomplishment.

Posted by Osic

Its a great video, the console featured in it was flawed but as those castles stated getting more and more my excitment rose.

Posted by maian

Are you referring to the video with the football helmet Revolution? :cookie: I found it highly unbelievable myself, but still a well done video. Interesting.

EDIT: Wow, I saw that Majora's Mask video, and it was undoubtably amazing. The only flaw was that Link looked like a retard. :)

Anyhow, this guy has extraordinary skills. He really should get a job.

Posted by Tolanya

I can hardly believe some guy put that together in a few days. He could really make some amazing games (or ads), and if Nintendo doesn't hire him someone else will.

Posted by defiance

Quoting Tolanya: I can hardly believe some guy put that together in a few days. He could really make some amazing games (or ads), and if Nintendo doesn't hire him someone else will.

yea and nintendo will be screwed if not

Posted by loony636

Wow, that's great, I'm really going to believe that Nintendo released a video on a different webstie to Nintendo.com and that on Nintendo.com there isn't so much as a picture of the Revolution yet....

Posted by verystrait42

Nintendo will never make the revolution a virtual reality system. NINTENDO POWER!!!