Re: An IP ban for Protoman, please.

Posted by Jesse Smith

When any one wants a name change, I'll charge for it! Around $5-10.00 per name change via PayPal.

(Note to Pit and Majesty, if you can convince me to change your names, it'll be free.)

Posted by Hyper

Quoting Jesse Smith: IP addresses have been banned, and Pit and Majesty names have been deleted. Now, try to convince me to change your names.

The name change announcement has been deleted, so now Sabredog has one thing to do. (Post there and lock!!)

Now when any one wants a name change, I'll charge for it! Around $5-10.00 per name change via PayPal.

(Note to Pit and Majesty, if you can convince me to change your names, it'll be free.)

Eh, $2.50 would really be more fair.

Posted by Jesse Smith

No, we want it to be hard for people to get name changes. So those that love to have name changes won't change there name more than oh, once a year. Then there's labor and the profit. Oh the horror. it takes about an hour just to change a name!!! :D:D:D:D

Posted by Hyper

Yeah, but still, not many people have Paypal anyway. And those who do won't want to pay at all - so, even a small price tag will drop the number of requests drastically.

Posted by Pit

I forgot a site that does that actually. They don't really charge for name changes, but charge more for a package, and it worked for them, seeing how popular it is. They have 3 forums that are only accessed by mods and those who paid for the package... like gold member, emerald member, etc. You make a donation to the site, you get access to particular skins and forums and one name change for a year, kinda like a subscription.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Yep, I know about those members only things. I got that on one site, made about $1,200 from it so far.

This being a teenager site, it wouldn't get very many subscribers if I did some members only thing, like having no ads. This is just one way to get rid of all the 'pze let me change my name stuff' begers.

So, Khyron, you back??!!! Want your name changed back to Pit??!!! pze no leave!!!!

Posted by Pit

Quoting Jesse Smith: Yep, I know about those members only things. I got that on one site, made about $1,200 from it so far.

smashboards.com does it, though I don't think that would be the site you're talking about, or would it?

[quote]This being a teenager site, it wouldn't get very many subscribers if I did some members only thing, like having no ads. This is just one way to get rid of all the 'pze let me change my name stuff' begers.

True. Also, this site doesn't really have a lot of ads that pop up here and there, so browsing the site without ads really wouldn't matter.

Sure? Wouldn't there still be people who would complain about it and make thread after thread how it's unfair, someone would cave in, blah blah blah, it'll be allowed again? :(

[quote]So, Khyron, you back??!!! Want your name changed back to Pit??!!! pze no leave!!!!

Nah, I'm good :cool:

Posted by Hyper

Quoting Khyron: smashboards.com does it, though I don't think that would be the site you're talking about, or would it?

nope, dnforums.com (I assume)

Posted by Pit

So does smashboards though :mad:

I KNOW CAUSE I DON'T HAVE ACCESS TO THEIR SUPER SECRET FORUM AND I GET POP UPS LIKE CRAZY.

Posted by The Judge

More than 10. People need to be less fickle.

Posted by Hyper

Quoting The Judge: More than 10. People need to be less fickle.

but even those who want to change their name only once a year or so would still not want to because nobody wants to pay out $10 to get a small bit of virtual data changed

Posted by The Judge

I was once again joking, Hyper. *kissy face*

It was a satire about how fickle I am with everything EXCEPT my name on this site.

Posted by Ant

Zero. I think everything worked out fine. Cause I'm personally happy with my name change. And it's not like it's confusing anyone. And if it cost money, I would never have changed it.

Posted by The Judge

Ah, thank you lord for allowing me to have such a great name.

Posted by maian

Me as well. :-*

Uh, I think it's ridiculous to charge for name changes. Just keep it how it is, and do it on and off only every once in a while.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Um, if you had been around during the last name change just a measly one week ago, you would know why we don't want name changes. And only those that are on crack will pay to have a name change!!!

Quoting Takuya Kanabara: :grrr: You just want my money!! I'll send you the money once I beat up a few of my school-mates for their mother's credit card numbers. Afterwards, I might share the extra numbers with you. :devil: