Under the request of several people, Raptor.

Posted by Xenos

Apparently, a group of people would like Raptor demoderated for , quote, "power abuse." And hardly anyone else wants to bring this because, A, they are scared, B, they are the bottom of the totem pole, and C, he's the most powerful member on the site and they know they'll get flamed. So, I'll play congress/devil's advocate :us: and post it. I don't know the whole story, but yes, he has been deleting a lot of post. If there's a reason for it, I'll be happy to listen prior coming up with a choice.

A lot of people respect him, a lot of people hate him. All the matter, I just hope you all come up with a non-bias and fair decision. If possible, post why you voted so.

Posted by Speedfreak

Just as long as I replace him :cool:

Posted by The Judge

OK, I realize this is sort of a stab in the back, because he did get me to the position I'm at right now, and I like him as a person, but he's been abusing his power too much. Go ahead and flame me, but I'm speaking from an anonymous standpoint. He has a large following of people who will defend him to the death, but not many people actually take a look at it without bias. Sorry, Raptor.

Posted by Iris

Uh, this isn't much compared to what other mods have been doing. And he's not deleting any quality posts/threads, either.

Posted by Klarth

Neutrality =/= anonymity

but yeah, kill him.

Posted by Pit

Quoting The Judge: OK, I realize this is sort of a stab in the back, because he did get me to the position I'm at right now, and I like him as a person, but he's been abusing his power too much.

It's not a stab in the back. If you don't do your job correctly, don't do it at all. Just like you stated, he has been abusing his powers. I've noticed when someone he doesn't like disagrees with him posts tend to vanish when he's viewing that thread or forum.

Posted by Xenos

Quoting Iris: Uh, this isn't much compared to what other mods have been doing. And he's not deleting any quality posts/threads, either.

What are they doing?

Posted by Ant

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder Iris...or in this case, the quality of the thread :)

I'll vote after Raptor has his say. I'd like both sides of the story.

Posted by sabre

I respect Raptor, and am pretty disappointed in him judging from what bare bones we've got. Fact: he deleted some threads which committed no real crime, both sharing a common topic of Corrupt's blog pruning. That alone reeks of unprofessionality, but I'll reserve voting until I see Raptor's side of the story and defence.

Posted by The Judge

Assuming one is given.

Posted by Jesse Smith

*Gulp* And I wasn't even serious when I said to make a poll!!! :D:D:D Of course the first thing every one will scream when a thread is deleted is, DE-MOD HIM!!!!!!!

But guys, if he get's de-moded, he'll start using his hacking skills again!!!!!

Posted by Iris

Jesse? Insightful? Oh wow...

Posted by The Judge

In which case, he'd just be an extremel rude person and a bad loser.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Think I should make a Wacko board right now so we can blame that board if he get's de-moded and hacks again??!!! :D:D:D

:::Jesse? Insightful? Oh wow...

Enjoy it, it's rare. There usually has to be a war going on for that to occure!!!!

Posted by Raptor

Since Corrupt and I have been using the same computer, he went into my account and disposed of those two threads on the subject of him hacking the blogs. I suppose it was a bit of carelessness on my part to not make more of an effort to assert that I didn't feel it was a good idea when he first mentioned it.

Leave me as a mod, and I shall continue to post here and moderate to the best of my ability, and will make an effort to not so hastily delete posts which I consider to be unsatisfactory; demod me and I'll take it reluctantly, but gracefully. To be honest, I probably wouldn't have a thing to do with this place ever again, to the delight of many I'm sure. It's not that I wouldn't be able to stand posting here with the absence of any mod power, it's that I feel as if my modship is probably by far the biggest way I contribute to this community, anymore. I think we were a little too hasty in making a demoderation poll already, as this is the first official complaint thread I've seen regarding my moderating decisions.

Posted by The Judge

If that's seriously the case, then I revoke everything I said aobut you, though it's still abuse of your powers to edit out of posts everything negative said about you. In which case, Corrupt should be banned.

Posted by Ant

Wow. I'm glad I waited unlike SOME people :p

Okay, corrupt seriously needs to...work some things out...or something.

Posted by Pit

Quoting The Judge: If that's seriously the case, then I revoke everything I said aobut you, though it's still abuse of your powers to edit out of posts everything negative said about you. In which case, Corrupt should be banned.

Agreed. You tend to delete any post that have any negative content directed towards you, even if it is valid. Though, when you say something negative about someone, it's automatically valid, because you're a mod. That's unfair.

And if Corrupt is still being an *******, then yeah, he should be banned. He ****ed everyone out of their blogs and now is using your account (which he shouldn't) to delete anything directed towards with him.

Posted by Raptor

Quoting The Judge: If that's seriously the case, then I revoke everything I said aobut you, though it's still abuse of your powers to edit out of posts everything negative said about you. In which case, Corrupt should be banned.

He personally told me he wouldn't mind having all his accounts deleted. Can you do that, Jesse? He seriously wants to abandon VGC for awhile, and this would help him do so.

Posted by Pit

Quoting Raptor: He personally told me he wouldn't mind having all his accounts deleted. Can you do that, Jesse? He seriously wants to abandon VGC for awhile, and this would help him do so.

Why doesn't... he just stop coming here? It's the same exact thing. What, does this site have a mental hold on him? Tell him to grow up already, he's a grown man.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Quoting Khyron: Why doesn't... he just stop coming here? It's the same exact thing. What, does this site have a mental hold on him? Tell him to grow up already, he's a grown man.

Obviously, his mentality isn't that of a grown man's.

[quote]To be honest, I probably wouldn't have a thing to do with this place ever again

Sounds a bit familiar, does it not?

Posted by Jesse Smith

Now that makes since!!!! Something tells me the five 'de-mod votes' should be changed to 'leave him'.

Just banning him might be better, since he said he was going to keep visiting. er are you sure I should even do that!!!!! :(

Posted by coromoro

Yeah, I'm a bit late. :(

Raptor might have been a bit careless letting Corrupt use his account, but I still think the punishment should be taken towards Corrupt, not Raptor. :cool:

Besides, I think Raptor is among the best super moderators we have right now. I would hate to see him off the list.

Posted by sabre

Voted to leave him.

Posted by Crono

Definitely leave him. This place has gotten a lot cleaner and easier to work with since he got the position, and this is the first complaint I've heard about him yet. (Besides the random putdowns of newbies, but they're rather amusing and always true.)

Posted by Echo

While Raptor isn't my favorite person, he's a good mod. And since Corrupt did the deed Raptor's being accused of, I say leave him.

Posted by Big Boss

**** it. Fate told me a little bit about this drama stuff of Corrupt going crazy, but I've been too busy to read up on it, and now it's deleted.

Oh, and leave Raptor be. He's a better supermod than most.

Posted by Dexter

As a friend, I feel like saying demod him. By the way he speaks and from what I gather, he doesn't appear to be very dedicated to VGC anymore (although his mind seems to change from time to time). I feel like we would be doing him a favor by letting him go. In a way, it is what he wants; to be free of VGC and have as little as possible keeping him here. It seems as though his departure is on the way, regardless if he stays a mod or not. If enough complaints continue to appear about him, it would only encourage him to leave more, until he finally decides to do so. Of course, I don't want to see him go, so if keeping him in a super mod position means that he'll be staying around, I'd rather see him in such a position. Something's disappointing about that.

Posted by Alastor

Whoo, late.

I say leave him now that everything's been explained. I've never really even conversed with Raptor at all, but from what I can see he does his job well. I do have to disagree with Dexter, though. I doubt Raptor's duties as a Super Mod are the only thing keeping him here, and if they are, I don't really have any doubts that Raptor would just request his own demoderation and bid us all farewell.

That being said, leave him and let him keep doing his job as he has been.

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Alastor: I do have to disagree with Dexter, though. I doubt Raptor's duties as a Super Mod are the only thing keeping him here

Quoting Raptor: demod me and I'll take it reluctantly, but gracefully. To be honest, I probably wouldn't have a thing to do with this place ever again

it's that I feel as if my modship is probably by far the biggest way I contribute to this community, anymore.

It sure sounds like it.

Posted by Alastor

My point stands. If he really feels that way he could leave any time he wanted to. He shouldn't let moderation keep him here if he feels like leaving. =/

Posted by Raptor

VGC is now home to more arrogant, miserable, narrow-minded jerks than ever before, whom I would resent with a passion if they were actually worthy of my resentment and the time and energy it would require, but as long as certain individuals I respect and hold dear continue to frequent this establishment, so will I with nary a shred of reluctance. Besides, making fun of stupid people online is always therapeutic.

Posted by Hyper

Quoting Raptor: Besides, making fun of stupid people online is always therapeutic.

Amen. I'd feel much worse about myself if I couldn't pick on n00bs.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Raptor: VGC is now home to more arrogant, miserable, narrow-minded jerks than ever before.

And this is how it's supposed to be!!! :D:D:D Though it would be even better if every one was a n00bie!!! :D:D:D:D