Banjo-Kazooie

Posted by Mixhael

If I got sick of Donkey Kong, will the same occur with me on Banjo-Kazooie? It's the same format I got bored of with DK: Constant item collection, good but not great in-game puzzles, and just very over bearing and repetitive gaming that seems so standard.

After spending 3 hours on the game, and getting all 10 puzzle pieces in the first 3 levels, should I continue on for further surprises? Or do I just give up like I did with Donkey Kong because gaming got repetitive and the end looked like it would never be in sight? Advise me

Posted by D.J Cat

I never found any part of Banjo-Kazooie boring.
Infact I had the pleasure of playing through half of one the levels today, with a friend and it was great fun.

If Banjo-Kazooie doesn't do it for you, maybe Video Games just aren't for you.

Posted by Ch

i get sooo bored with Banjo-Kazooie. Even worse with Banjo-Tooie.

Posted by -Shadow-

Well, like any video game with a storyline, you'll eventually get bored of it. But, I found that Banjo Kazooie is more entertaining than donkey kong(Assuming your talking about Dk64) while it lasts.

Posted by Mixhael

Quoting D.J Cat:
If Banjo-Kazooie doesn't do it for you, maybe Video Games just aren't for you.

You could be right, but more specifically, maybe games like that just aren't for me anymore. Games that follow this same format like Mario64, DK64, and Banjo just don't interest me. I never got tired of Resident Evil 2, 007, Perfect Dark, or even Conker's Bad Fur Day (which I consider to be almost in the same vein of playing as Banjo).

I'll dedicate a few more hours on Banjo like I did with DK64 before abandoning it completely...

Posted by -Shadow-

Quoting los angeles: You could be right, but more specifically, maybe games like that just aren't for me anymore. Games that follow this same format like Mario64, DK64, and Banjo just don't interest me. I never got tired of Resident Evil 2, 007, Perfect Dark, or even Conker's Bad Fur Day (which I consider to be almost in the same vein of playing as Banjo).

I'll dedicate a few more hours on Banjo like I did with DK64 before abandoning it completely...

If your Looking for new n64 games, then Why not try out the turok series. You may like those.

Posted by Axis

I enjoyed playing Banjo-Kazooie. Rare makes excellent games and If I were you I would play Banjo-Kazooie. I found it more exciting than Donkey Kong.

Posted by Last Fog

The first turok is a very outdated shooter. Nothing unique about it. Better off with a classic like Doom 64. Turok 2 is pretty cool, but takes a lot of patience. The graphics are amazing though, and with an expanison pack, it's one of the most gorgeous N64 games. Right up there with perfect dark.

Posted by D.J Cat

If you don't like Banjo, Turok would not be a good pick because that takes even more patience and a lot of collecting and things as well.

Posted by -Shadow-

Quoting D.J Cat: If you don't like Banjo, Turok would not be a good pick because that takes even more patience and a lot of collecting and things as well.

Right, but he mentioned he liked games like Perfect Dark, and Resident Evil 2

Posted by Arczu

Don't forget that DK64 was based off a lot of the same element s as BK...

Posted by Dexter

Banjo-Kazooie is a wonderful game, but if you don't start off enjoying yourself, I doubt you'll start.

I adored exploring the new areas, though. That alone was enough to keep me going through such games as Banjo-Kazooie, Donkey Kong 64, and Zelda. Banjo was my favorite out of the three, by the way. The final level in Banjo-Kazooie is one of my all-time favorite levels in such adventure games. The music and the visual beauty were simply gorgeous.

Posted by Arczu

I wasn't a fan of the way they made the characters talk, but the written dialogue was funny at points.

I never really owned the game, but I played through this game with a friend. And while we were critically picking at eachother's faults while we played, it was fun none-the-less. Most people would argue that this game is better than Banjo-Tooie.

Posted by Xero

I've beaten the hole game. Of course, when you beat the game you get tired of it, but while, its too exiting. :devil:

Posted by Mafia-lord03

i think the game was very good,exiting but i ahve to say it did get really boring after a while but hey what can u do?

Posted by G-Sides

I actually never finished Banjo-Kazooie. I got to the part after the Game Show where you have to get all those notes and open all those note doors and got stuck, and haven't played it since. :o

Posted by Bebop

BK was one of my favorite games. I loved it. Never played the seuqel although would love to.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

I own it, but haven't really played it yet. I tried it out for a few minutes, but it didn't really catch my interest. I'll give it another try though, sometime.

Posted by phuckedup

Quoting los angeles: If I got sick of Donkey Kong, will the same occur with me on Banjo-Kazooie? It's the same format I got bored of with DK: Constant item collection, good but not great in-game puzzles, and just very over bearing and repetitive gaming that seems so standard.

After spending 3 hours on the game, and getting all 10 puzzle pieces in the first 3 levels, should I continue on for further surprises? Or do I just give up like I did with Donkey Kong because gaming got repetitive and the end looked like it would never be in sight? Advise me

If you're anything like me, you'll hate the kiddy graphics and gameplay and stuff this one in a closet where it cant or won't be found for a couple of years.

Posted by speedemon35

Quoting Arczu]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4TJRlZNMVk

Posted by Xero

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]If I remember well, entering the witch's little board game at the end, there was this lottery music all the time and I laughed the first time I heard it. That witch was funny and her...sister? was saying funny things too :p:[/COLOR]

Posted by MrQuicksilver

Even though the game-play is similar, they keep a wide variety available to keep interest.