Final Fantasy links?

Posted by El Capitan

I wanted to know if anyone thought maybe later on that all the Final Fantasys gmaes will be linked somehow. Or there is already links that you need to read between lines while playing all the games. Thoughts?

Posted by Xenos

There is no link--they are all from different worlds. Unless Square suddenly decides to through some 'out there' and 'outrageous' explanation--yes.

Posted by Klarth

FF Tactics and FFXII are set in the same world, apparently.

Posted by Xenos

Nope. It's just the same name according to a source. The only link between FFs are FFX and FFX-2--but FFX-2 is too low. Even for FF.

Posted by Dark

Actually, Tactics Advanced and XII are linked because XII features the same races- Viera, Moogle, etc etc.

Posted by Xenos

But they aren't directly related If the article, lost it, is right, it's something that the director threw in. Being the creator of Tatics and all. I don't consider moogles and chocobos some vital clue that suddenly makes all the FFs one world. Moogles are present in almost EVERY FF game.

Posted by El Capitan

Interesting, have a friend of mind and he came up with bizaree theory that Final Fantasy X and X-2 is before Final Fantasy VII just because FFX-2 had Shin Ra in it.

Posted by Xenos

... it did? If it did, than it's most likely a spin off. It's been directly said that none of the FFs have any linkage towards them in interviews time and time again besides FFX- FFX-2 and Kingdom Hearts. I doubt Square is lying and I think your friend is wrong.

Posted by El Capitan

Shinra was the guy that was with Gullwings, the short dude with face mask. I hardly belived what he was saying, he was going a little to far.

Posted by Xenos

Ah... Yes. Yes he was.

It says clearly on almost every FF site and interview way too many times that FFs have no connection to each other besides the FFX. I love the irony of the game's name, though. Final Fantasy.

Posted by Acheron

From what I can tell, Tactics Advance and XII have SIMILAR worlds, but not the same. Note, for example, that Judges are included in both. In XII, however, the Judges play a darker and more sinister role. In short, they're 'the establishment'. :rolleyes: