Ashlee Simpson

Posted by Scorpion

Well, how more messed up could you be? Did anyone(i know this is old) here Ashlee at the Orange Bowl? She was f*cking horrible! She, not Ashlee bashing; for real, was screaming her lines. She didn't use a back-up track and when she was singing her face got so beat red! And then she got so exhausted she was supposed to say, "Ya make me wanna 'Love Yaaaaa!" instead it came out, "Ya make me wanna 'LAAAAAAA YAAAAAR!" And this is no hyperbole, she was bad. In fact, after her performance the whole stadium booed, yes you heard me, THE WHOLE STADIUM, not one person was clapping. You even saw the dancers laughing at her, and you could hear someone close to the camera yell, "YOU SUCK!" it was the funniest thing ever. You should go find the clip(even though the whole thing is WAY funnier) it is really funny.

And today I mentioned it and someone said, "Why did she sound so good on her album?" So I just downloaded, La La(that was what she sung), and her voice is COMPLETELY covered up by all of these voice effects, it was never a smooth voice, it was all echos and stuff! What do you think?

Posted by Richaod

I think you're completely correct.

Lindsay Lohan is obviously a naturally worse singer, though.

Posted by Fiindil

i can't stand any of that kind of music. The background music is more like noise, and they all sound like a bunch of 7 year old and/or they're having orgasms

Posted by booyah719

Click [URL=http://www.local10.com/entertainment/4048912/detail.html]here[/URL] to see the stupid wench fail!

Posted by Last Fog

Yea.. I saw that video... it was hilarious!! I almost feel sorry for the talentless little whore... nah.

But even funnier is when she f'ed up on SNL. [URL=http://media.ebaumsworld.com/index.php?e=ashlee-snl.wmv]Watch.[/URL]

It just gets me mad that she still has fans after this that simply adore her and she's getting rich off of her crap. Not just her voice, but her lyrics and band all suck. A lot.

Posted by Axis

I hate it when people like her are famous for no reason. Theres people out there who can actually sing and yet they arent. If I were the contracter, I would've yanked hers a long time ago.

Posted by MetalVox~55

She sucks hardcore. She's riding her sister's fame and using that to leech off of.

Posted by Dark

Although her album's not that good, you've gotta give her credit for wroking on the album and trying to sell it. :p

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR=Yellow]I'm sick of Ashley.

It has nothing to do with her music or pop music in general(in fact i actually like pop music, and i won't deny having liked a few songs from Britney, Cristina, or even Jessica). What drives me crazy is that she's the kind of "artist" that you see on T.V saying things like: "I sing real music, i'm punk rock, i don't wanna be compared to my sister, look at my hair, it's black not blonde like all the those other lip-synchers, blah". And in the end, she's the one who got caught lip-sinching, how ironic.[/COLOR]

Posted by Richaod

Quoting Dark: Although her album's not that good, you've gotta give her credit for wroking on the album and trying to sell it. :p

If credit is how much we give her for that kind of album and lip-syncing, we must all be hailing bands like Metallica as gods in perspective.

Posted by TheSecondComing

Quoting Richaod: If credit is how much we give her for that kind of album and lip-syncing, we must all be hailing bands like Metallica as gods in perspective.

Except Metallica gets a certain amount of respect along with endless promotion work. Ashlee doesn't. Plus paparazzi are always trying to snap pictures of her naked. Plus her fanbase is disloyal.

PS: Get on AIM/MSN.

Posted by Aioros

Quoting Dark: Although her album's not that good, you've gotta give her credit for wroking on the album and trying to sell it. :p

[COLOR=Yellow]What work? If her sister hadn't gotten so big in the past few years, do you think any record company would have given her the slimest chance? No. Sure, she did her part by doing radio interviews and whatever is necessary, but that's not why she got her big break. She got attention because MTV decided to give her a T.V show that aired right after "the newlyweds". Do you know how many people who were born with actual God-given talent try to get their big break by doing 10x the work Ashley did, only to fail miserably, due to lack of money, lack of contact,lack of publicity, etc. [/COLOR]

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Quoting Karl Kroenen: And then she got so exhausted she was supposed to say, "Ya make me wanna 'Love Yaaaaa!" instead it came out, "Ya make me wanna 'LAAAAAAA YAAAAAR!"

Actually, the line is "You make me wanna La La, in the kitchen in the store . . ." Still no excuse for the suck factor.

But yeah, she sucks. You know how the whole stadium booed her? Ironically, these are the same people that cheer when people get hurt, so they're clearly not that hard to impress. Did you see her on SNL last October, when she forgot to start singing to her tape and it was revealed that she lip syncs? It was funny as hell. You hear this, "On a monday, I am waiting, on a tuesday, I am fading" and the mic is no where near her mouth, and she's just kinda looking around... And then by the first chorus, she just walks off stage right in the middle of the song. God, how embarrasing.

You know, Jessica may be famous because she's hot (and not for her singing ability), but Ashlee isn't even famous for her hotness. She famous because she's the sister of someone who is hot.

However, I'd still hit it.

Feion

Posted by mis0

Quoting feioncastor: Did you see her on SNL last October, when she forgot to start singing to her tape and it was revealed that she lip syncs? It was funny as hell. You hear this, "On a monday, I am waiting, on a tuesday, I am fading" and the mic is no where near her mouth, and she's just kinda looking around... And then by the first chorus, she just walks off stage right in the middle of the song. God, how embarrasing.

You know, Jessica may be famous because she's hot (and not for her singing ability), but Ashlee isn't even famous for her hotness. She famous because she's the sister of someone who is hot.

However, I'd still hit it.

Feion

That was the most awesome SNL I've seen in a long time. And then she does a little jig or something like in the circus when something goes wrong, "bring out the clowns," right? 'Cept she is the fucking embarrassment. I hate this trend that if your brother/sister has achieved fame/fortune that suddenly you have to leech into their success. Jessica isn't exactly something to aspire to be, but Ashlee has certainly proved to the world her sister has a better brain to complement the body then your average person.

And you guys want to hit that thing? God, have some standards, man.

Posted by junior senior

[color=#ff6633]hahahah.
That video was the funniest thing I ever saw.
Saturday night on MADtv, they had a Reality Check with an actor as her. It was a spoof of what happened on SNL. Let's bring back some memories.

"IT'S MY ACID REFLUX! EVEN THOUGH I'M ONLY 19 I CAN GET IT!!
[/COLOR]

Posted by Dexter

That's awesome. That's exactly the way me and Teh Gibbles like to dance at the Chacarakatorly Portland raves. Those graceful swings with the feet look fantastic if done in the correct fashion.

Posted by Noir

Ugh. She is just like Vanessa Pariadis. If this girl has so much money, can she not get a nose job, at least? *berk!* Sorry. I am being shallow. The important thing is that she can not only not sing, but she can not dance either. *shudders*

Posted by Killer Jordo

Ashlee Simpson sucks in singing but shes hot....so that makes up for it a bit.

Posted by Crazy K

She sucks pretty bad.

Heres a list of Girls who were on shows or movies or are realated to someone who is famouse and then become a singer:

Hilary Duff - She had her own show, months latter she has a cd.
Linsay Lohan - Once in a movie now all of a sudden can sing, What the .....
Ashley Simpson - Related to Jessica Simpson, dont ya see the connection, oh my god.
Christy Carson Romono or whatever the .... her name is from Disney - I was changed through the channel and there she was singing. Blah.

All these girls are turning up out of nowhere with a .... cd. Its just as worse as the NBA Star who now has his own Hip Hop CD.

Posted by Philsdad

And let's not forget about Macho Man Randy Savage.. http://www.machoman.com

Posted by Shin-Ra

Dude, you kick so much ass for that link. I'm on the third song and laughing harder than I have in sooo long. "ooooh yeah this one's strictly for the clubs and hot dance floors out there. Oooooh yeah. Dig it!". I might actually get a cd of his for kicks and encouragement for him to keep on recording. :cool:

Posted by TheSecondComing

Quoting Philsdad: And let's not forget about Macho Man Randy Savage.. http://www.machoman.com

I heard a sample ages back. It's the most hilarious thing ever.

Posted by Trigger

[quote=Karl Kroenen]In fact, after her performance the whole stadium booed, yes you heard me, THE WHOLE STADIUM, not one person was clapping.
Bullsh[color=yellow]it. Unless you interviewed every single person in that stadium (some few thousand, I should imagine), then you cannot make such a obviously incorrect statement. Stop hyping things up to be bigger than they actually were; sure, maybe the majority disliked her performance, but that's somewhat less than saying every single person booed and disliked the performance. Personally, I don't understand the pop audience at all, it seems as though Ashlee can never win. When she uses a backing track, people complain that she lip syncs, when she decides to ditch the backing track and try to actually have some talent, people complain that she didn't have a backing track.

I dislike the girl as much as the next Anti-Ashlee person, but I think that some people need to cut her a little slack in terms of backing tracks and whether she should have them or not. Fact is, half of the pop industry is full of talentless pretty-faces, Ashlee is no exception to having no talent - I really don't see the big controversy over the mere fact that her lack of talent is evident. At least her poor performance is obvious, saving the "valued" consumer their hard-earned money, whereas other talentless pop singers are covering their vocals with soundboards and effects, cleverly making it seem as though they have a shred of a singing voice, earning themselves easy cash.

Ashlee may be talentless and hopeless at hiding a secret but at least her attempts to actually try are somewhat honest, even if they do go a way that wasn't planned. I would much rather watch Ashlee Simpson have a bad concert than waste my money on Britney Spears of Christina Aguilera actually believing these people are any better than Ashlee. If anyone is bad in the music industry, it is the people that are successful at lying about having talent and taking your money, then complaining when someone rips one of their songs for free off the Internet.[/color]

Posted by Crazy K

[Quote=Philsdad]And let's not forget about Macho Man Randy Savage..

Yeah He made his own rap Cd. I saw it on a camercial. Some funny .....

Now back to the subject at hand. Ashlee simpson pretty much got a free ride up to stardom because of being Jessica Simpsons sister. I aint cutting no one slack if they get into the Music business just because her sister is also a singer.

Posted by Richaod

Ashlee Simpson doesn't deserve an entire thread to herself.

btw, it is my long-standing opinion that Jessica Simpson can actually sing, and with quite an amount of talent (regardless of the songwriting)

k.

Posted by Trigger

[quote=Crazy K]I aint cutting no one slack if they get into the Music business just because her sister is also a singer.
That isn't the reason I suggested people laid off her a little. Read it again.

Posted by Crazy K

[Quote=Trigger]That isn't the reason I suggested people laid off her a little. Read it again.

I know what you mean but I said I aint cutting no one slack if they get into the music business because of her sister also being a singer, because thats pretty much how she gets in.

But I know what you meant by "cutting her some slack."

You said like that she is making these cd's and its a long process. Heres the exact saying on what you said "some people need to cut her a little slack in terms of backing tracks and whether she should have them or not."

So I was just saying I am not cutting slack (even if she takes all this hard time to priduce her cd's) because of becoming famous for being Jessica Simpson's sister.

Sorry if I confused you dude.

Posted by Trigger

[quote=Crazy K]You said like that she is making these cd's and its a long process.
No, I said it in a way that is to say, "she tries to give you what you want". When she has a backing tape, people complain. So she attempts to give the audience what they want by not having a backing tape; unfortunately, that wasn't enough to please people either. It seems that she can't have either, despite the fact that every other pop sensation has the exact same thing. I think some of the hostility about her relation to Jessica taints the opinions of the other aspects of her career.

Posted by Crazy K

Yeah I see what ya mean now Trigger, I got the wrong Idea from it.

Anyways back to topic.

I really have no proof of her being bad, but if I heard a performance live without backup singing then that might show it if she sucks at singing or not.

I remember watching Seacrest life or whatever that crappy show was and there was this 13 year old girl who is a famous singer, and man did she suck. I cant remember her name but its just stupid how crappy singers can make it big. oh well.

Posted by Scorpion

Quoting Trigger]Bullsh[color=yellow]it. Unless you interviewed every single person in that stadium (some few thousand, I should imagine), then you cannot make such a obviously incorrect statement. Stop hyping things up to be bigger than they actually were:

Good lord, you take things too seriously. I didn't mean "not one person was clapping" literally, good lord. I just ment that you pretty much couldn't hear any clapping whatsoever, any idiot would know that not every single person(really) wasn't clapping.

Posted by Richaod

Quoting Crazy K: I remember watching Seacrest life or whatever that crappy show was and there was this 13 year old girl who is a famous singer, and man did she suck. I cant remember her name but its just stupid how crappy singers can make it big. oh well.

JoJo. It's all about the image now... and her gimmick is her age. Whoopee.

Posted by junior senior

[color=#ff6633]See my new signature?
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v451/ShakeItBrother/jojo.jpg[/IMG]
[/COLOR]

Posted by Lazy Guitar

See mine?

Posted by Bebop

She has a voice like a wasp in a bucket.