playstation 2 breaking???

Posted by Illyria110

Since yesterday, my playstation will not play Vice City, it will get to the screen where it is loading from the memory card, then it goes black. I also can't play gtaIII either, it will only get as far as the playstation logo screen, then it will re-route it to the screen with the memory card and the disc. But, it plays all of the rest of my games just fine. Can anyone help me, or knows what's wrong? Or is it time to buy a new ps2?

Posted by vgmaster13

have you checked the disks for any scratches and if there isn't any may I suggest you just pick up San Andreas

Posted by Arczu

A horizontal scratch perpendicular to the radius of the CD are bad. No matter how small, they can still cause the laser to skip or miss information. Try to get those CD's cleaned and see what changes.

Posted by Big Boss

It's rather odd that only your GTA games have a problem.

Here's a crazy thought.

If you've been playing around with in-game cheats using a memory card, your card may be corrupted, or at least the GTA files. Try and play III or Vice City without a memory card, and see if you still have that problem.

Posted by Vampire Slayer

I had the same problem. My GTA's quit working to. And they had no scratches on them. I think RockStar has a problem with putting the game onto the disc. But I could be really wrong seeing as how only the GTA games do this and ManHunt and Max Payne didn't. Maybe your disk are just messed up like the data on the disk is broken or something like that.

Posted by Illyria110

Nah, big boss was right, it was the memory card. But no worry's, i'll just have to re-beat both games. Ugh....so much work...

Posted by Crazy K

Thats never happened to me. I mean I used nothing but cheats to beat VC (im a lame tard then). Anyways good luck at beating them games all over again.

Posted by Dragon Ryder

Here's a thought. Why doesn't anyone just get it for the PC? Its better than the consoles versions and it will never freeze at a PS2 logo lol.

Posted by Big Boss

Quoting Dragon Ryder: Here's a thought. Why doesn't anyone just get it for the PC? Its better than the consoles versions and it will never freeze at a PS2 logo lol.

If I could play a PC game on a home console, with the exception of point-and-click adventure games, I would. There's no way I would ever play a console game on a PC, as a result.