Playing UK games on my US machine

Posted by garybug

I've got a hold of a UK game, but obviously it won't fit into my US machine due to the region pegs. I've removed the plastic that was blocking the UK cartridge, so it now fits, but the screen is blank. Any ideas or tips would be appreciated!

CHeers

Posted by bazariah

im not too sure if it's the same deal but it's down to a lock out chip which stops my us carts working on my uk machine... you should be able to play jap titles no problem since you removed the pegs, but uk titles have the regional code which prevents the usage of them, a good idea is to fine an import cart adapter, maybe lik-sang.com has some, or maybe even somebody within the ebay community. this will disable the lockout chip as it piggy-backs of a domestic cart.

i know one of my old buddies used to have one he may still have it , so if needed i could ask him if he'd like to sell it

pm me let me know :D

Posted by D.J Cat

Yeah, get one of those converters, I have one and it does the job, you just have to decide if it is worth it for the games you are getting.

Posted by ff fan

[QUOTE=garybug]I've got a hold of a UK game, but obviously it won't fit into my US machine due to the region pegs. I've removed the plastic that was blocking the UK cartridge, so it now fits, but the screen is blank. Any ideas or tips would be appreciated!

ff fans respans
y dont u take the chip out and take a us 64 game chip out and swap em

hola wen u get tis dawg