old posts

Posted by gamecorner

Will our old threads, posts, and pm messages ever come back???

Posted by Jesse Smith

Just be glad you still got your account/post count/reputation and that stuff. It was way too big to get the thread/posts/PMs.

Posted by gamecorner

ok. thats good enough for me

Posted by Trigger

Quoting Jesse Smith: It was way too big to get the thread/posts/PMs.

Are you able to retrieve some of the good topics that had a fair amount of decent activity, you know, just to get this place started again or is that not possible?

Posted by Jesse Smith

I would have to look at each thread line and also fing the post in the other table, and I think also have to look for each reply!! The file's about 170 Megs. Don't worry, it'll be back to normal with in a few weeks, unless you tell the hacker to come back.

er I thought you didn't like me and the site!!!!! I thought you wanted this site dead!! I'm in shock!!!!! er you just don't like me being a wacko, right!! :D:D:D:D:D

Posted by Trigger

[quote=Jesse Smith]er I thought you didn't like me and the site!!!!! I thought you wanted this site dead!! I'm in shock!!!!! er you just don't like me being a wacko, right!!
It isn't that I don't like you, I just don't enjoy when you purposely act "stupid" when I know that you're far more intelligent than that. The first part of your post and several other posts that you've created today prove this. I far more enjoy reading what you have to say when it's actually logical and presented intelligently; otherwise, I just tend to dislike when you choose to act like a ..."wacko".

Posted by Jesse Smith

Arg!! Every one has a personality and enjoies doing things!! I enjoy being a messed up wacko on crack driving people insane!!!! (Blame Autism!! I got the social IQ of a rock!!!!)

Oh crud!!! Today I'm proving AGAIN that I can be intelligent and a non-wacko!! ARG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Trigger

I would say that you're in between at the moment. This I can tollerate, moreso that how you behaved before the forum had its issues.

Posted by Jesse Smith

But as you know, it won't be very long before I'm as messed up as I was before!!!! :D:D:D:D

Posted by Trigger

*sighs* I know, which is why I'm savouring the moment as much as I can.

Posted by The Judge

Why don't you act normal, for a change? See if people like you when you don't act like a "wacko?" You can't blame autism if you're smart enough to do all this stuff with your computer. I have severe ADD that makes me a twitch-fit, but I don't blame anything on that.

Posted by Jesse Smith

But some one has to be the official VGChat clown and entertain people!! :D:D:D:D:D

Posted by Trigger

Quoting The Judge: Why don't you act normal, for a change? See if people like you when you don't act like a "wacko?"

That would be the day when pigs fly. I tend to agree with you though, I think that perhaps his forum wouldn't be targeted so much if he just acted normal, decent and respectable for a change. Then again, I'm sure a bunch of members are going to come along and tell me not to tell Jesse what to do, when it's far from the case... :rolleyes:

Posted by The Judge

Agreed. Fine, I'll be the d*ck and do it. Jesse, I command you to give acting normal a trial period of a week. See how people like you.

Posted by Jesse Smith

ARG!!!!!!!!!!!! But don't you notice, other boards get started and are hardly active *Amen* GameOver *ahem* for just one example! These boards get hacked over and over and quickly get active again, like every one is addicted to this place. So I must be doing SOMETHING right, hince it's hard for me to NOT be a wacko!!! Many people enjoy the wackoness!!! If it's not broke, don't fix it!!!! Look at GamerBoards, with about four years hack-free they have got 5,746 members. That was about how many members registered here since last April's restart. They have had 20 threads get created OR get a reply today, while here, with just six hours, and starting from scratch, we got 33 threads created, and some of us right now are just running around replying to post after post after post after post..... By the end of tomarroy it'll probably be at atleast 500 posts total.

Posted by Trigger

[quote=Jesse Smith]These boards get hacked over and over and quickly get active again, like every one is addicted to this place. So I must be doing SOMETHING right, hince it's hard for me to NOT be a wacko!!! Many people enjoy the wackoness!!!
I believe that it is the content provided by the other members that choose to show their intelligence that attracts others here, rather than how you behave. If it weren't for these people that create the interesting threads and create the interesting replies, you would have a difficult time surviving if you acted like a "wacko" to attract members.

[quote]If it's not broke, don't fix it!!!!
It did break, that's exactly why all of us are here trying to help you get back on your feet; we're fixing your mess. The reason GameOver doesn't get much activity is because it lacks originality; the members stem from here, as does most of the thread topics and response styles. One would have to wonder why they would choose an inactive place for the same content when there's an already well-established, active place providing the exact same content and members. They're not inactive because they're not wacko's...

Give The Judge's request a go, Jesse; if there's any opinion from your members that you listen to, let it be this one. Perhaps then you won't be hacked so often and more people will respect you for other reasons instead of just because you "pay the fees".

Posted by Jesse Smith

ARG!!!! But I like being a wacko!!! :D:D:D:D:D Maybe I should make a poll!!!!

[quote]
By the end of tomarrow it'll probably be at atleast 500 posts total.

I think I better up that to 1,000. It's 4:38 AM and it's allready at 280. There for it's not broken!! By not broken, I ment that every time there's a hack or crash, the place has no trouble geting back up to normal again!!!!! On the [url=http://www.nedstatbasic.net/s?tab=1&link=1&id=2174215]stats pages[/url] for example, just before the crash, for four days it was about where the boards were at before the massive Nov/December chaos that made the numbers crash!!!

Posted by Big Boss

Since I first came here, Jesse has always acted the same way. Even people that have been here longer say the same thing. For the first several months it gave me a headache, mostly because of the way he'd go about filling out moderator positions. But now that he has left that decision to us, his "wackiness" is just one of many things that make VGC what it is, for better or worse.

We already have enough "normal" people here, and variety is what makes a place interesting in the first place. Jesse gave a good example with VGS, and I know a forum that is too stuck-up because everyone is so freaking normal and right and... it's just sick.

Just be glad he's not as involved as he was before.

Posted by Roth

I haven't been here to long, but I'd say keep doing whatever this "wacko" thing is if suits you... It sounds to me like the place got trashed because of the wacko boards(?) Of course, I wouldn't reinstate those for obvious reasons, but look at it like this, ALL the boards are wacko boards to you! :double:

Posted by -Shadow-

Well, it sucks that everything is lost, but at least the site is up again.

Posted by Prince Redon

It all worked out better than I would have thought it would...I thought I would lose everything.

Posted by Hyper

Hey, Jesse, thanks for attacking Sabredog's site. I guess if a site is still low in the search engines, less than a year old, and doesn't have someone who acts a complete idiot in charge, it doesn't deserve any praise. :)

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Jesse Smith:
I think I better up that to 1,000. It's 4:38 AM and it's allready at 280. There for it's not broken!!

[url=http://www.nedstatbasic.net/s?tab=1&link=1&id=2174215]Case in point![/url] First full day out of the grave and it's at all time high since before the major November/December hacks! 1,118 posts total after the first full day after starting from scratch!! There's not very much of an incentive to change when everything's working!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

How about I be a wacko, but I don't bring back the wacko board???!!! ie be a politition, make deals, both sites geting something they want!!! ie, I give you the medicare bill, and you give me massive tax cuts!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

Posted by Hyper

Quoting Jesse Smith: How about I be a wacko, but I don't bring back the wacko board???!!!

That's a good plan. Oh, and take the time to upgrade when a new version comes out. At least every other version.

Posted by Admiral Anthrax

People have been telling Jesse to quit being wacko since about 1999. It hasn't worked then, and it's not going to work now.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Pokemonyx, er Admiral Anthrax, you turned me in to a wacko, remember!!! :D:D:D:D You spent a month freeking out about Y2K and being Santa Clause, on the WWWBoard N64 board. Then I went bonkers!!! :D:D:D:D:D