Cookies

Posted by Trigger

Until recently I have been able to have the forum automatically log me in with no problems. Then yesterday and today, without warning, the forum suddenly has been asking me to log in. Not continually, mind you, but every so often (say perhaps when I visit VGC for the first time that day). Nothing in my browser has changed and all other forums I attend don't have this problem or any other websites that I currently ask to "remember me". I am not infected with a virus, I do not have any spyware or adware and my browser has in no way been hijacked.

The fact that every other place on the Internet works fine without a problem indicates this is VGC issue, as opposed to my computer. Has anyone else been having this problem? I mean, it doesn't necessarily bother me, because I'll log in just the same without much complaint ...it's just tedious to do, that's all.

Posted by speedemon35

I don't get logged out of vgc. It still keeps me logged in perfectly. I use firefox and this happened to me like a week ago though( i had all sites remember me with cookies sotred and everything but it just asked me to log in anyway). I just went to the cookies option, exceptions and made sure it allowed vgchat to store cookies. After that it hasn't bothered me again.

Posted by Klarth

It doesn't log me out. Ever. If it did, it wouldn't be much of a problem.

...Although, Trigger, I do know what it feels like to be on 56k. :/

Posted by Hyper

Happens to everyone every now and thetn. It'll eventually stop asking you to login, most likely.

Posted by Illyria110

thats been happening to me a lot lately too

Posted by Azusa

Yeah, it's doing that to me right now. And it's a pain.

Posted by Wicked Sushi

It happens for me too, but not just here; it happens on every forum I go to.

Posted by Poison

It would be awkward for me if I didn

Posted by Wicked Sushi

Quoting Poison: Well anyway, some virus scans have been known to delete your cookies and empty your cache. Maybe you installed one of those virus scans.

Nope, 'cause if I hit "Back" and "Refresh", the cookie shows up. :3

Posted by Poison

Quoting Wicked Sushi: Nope, 'cause if I hit "Back" and "Refresh", the cookie shows up. :3

I SAID SOME! GEEZ...

oops, caps lock.