Who is your favorite Mario character?

Posted by Corrupt

What the title of the thread says, really. Who is your favorite Mario character...? As for me... I honestly couldn't say. There are so many of them that I like so much, but I really can't pick a favorite. I like everyone from Fawful and Cackletta, to Kamek and Bowser, to Yoshi and Shyguy. Throw in a bunch of others, and you get my list.

Oh, and also... since I'm a huge Koopa fan, I know I just have to post a little something extra with this thread... if you want, you can include your favorite Koopa as well. :cool: Mine would have to be a three-way tie between Ludwig Von Koopa, Kamek, and good ol' Bowser. Can't go wrong with any of those... and remember, you don't have to include the Koopa bit if you don't want to.

So, post away... since I know there are plenty of Mario fans out there.

Posted by Kit

Rawk Hawk
Boo
Yoshi
Koopa Kids
Spinies
Koopas
Bowser

Posted by mario64ds

boo
mario
luigi
peaches

Posted by Linko_16

Boo's not really a character. It's just a type of enemy.

Now, the Big Boo...

Posted by Slipknot

Yoshi
Bowser
Mario
Luigi

Posted by Shade

Yoshi. Talk about hardcore tounge action. And I find it amusing that he wears boots. That's sweet.

Posted by Axis

Quoting Shade32: Yoshi. Talk about hardcore tounge action. And I find it amusing that he wears boots. That's sweet.

^^[/characterlimit]

Posted by Lemmy Koopa

Bowser and the Koopalings are my favorites. :D

Posted by Max Mouse

Mario's brother Luigi.

Posted by legov8

Yoshi

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: Boo's not really a character. It's just a type of enemy.

You could look at it that way, but look at Mario Tennis for example. His name is simple Boo. Thus, he could be considered a character.

Top Five:

1) Boo
2) Bowser
3) Kamek
4) Yoshi
5) Shyguy

Posted by PerpetualAngst

I definitely have to go with big boo. Secondly comes with Bowser.

Posted by Xero

My favorite mario character would be Yoshi. He's really cute, and I use him at every game (Mario Kart and Mario party) except for SSB, cuz he's not really good there. :devil:

Posted by Takuya Kanabara

My favorite characters are Luigi, Daisy, Koopa Kid, and Boo.

Posted by inequity

mine would have to be toad. Hes so worthless and hes sound like a baby when he yells. :fight:

Posted by Leon S Kennedy

Mine's is Boo.

But if I'd have a Second chance I would say the Paper Mario versioned Mario!

Posted by Project ShadowX

My favorite character is Bowser.

Posted by Arczu

I'll have to say Yoshi on this one. Seriously, whoever came up with that character tugged some strings. I am still debateing weather Yoshi is a he or a she...

Posted by Nizmo

I think Yoshi's a guy. I mean, Dodo's a girl, and she's pink.

My favourite Mario character is Baby Mario. I enjoyed Yoshi's Island very much. It was one of the few, decent, Mario games on the GBA at the time.

Posted by bazariah

Quoting Arczu]
Thwomps - They're made of rock and move up and down. And they have an angry face.

Those giant Bullet Bills from Super Mario World - When you first see those you're like "OH JESUS RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN".

Posted by Corrupt

Okay, so I've decided that I'm going to elaborate on why some of the characters are my favorites. Here goes... oh, and this isn't in any particular order:

Yoshi - Well, what can I say? I know I'm just one of the hundreds of thousands of fans of the little green dude, but I can't help but love him. At this point, I really can't imagine how someone could not like Yoshi... maybe his extreme popularity, but that's really about it. He's so cute, but if necessary, he can hand you your a[b][/b]ss on a silver platter if you mess with him. You just can't resist the powah of the tongue, man. And, c'mon... it's just... Yoshi we're talking about here. Yeah. And that voice, that wonderful little voice. Haha, I can even do a pretty good impression of it myself. (but now i'm getting kinda carried away omg next character)

Fawful - He's zany, odd, brilliant, and evil -- and that's just why I like him. I love his odd way of talking, and his appearance is just cool. The red cape, the nifty glasses, the crazy grin, and even that little tuft of black hair on his head all contribute to making him quite an interesting character. Fawful gets two thumbs up from me.

And, odd... from what I've observed, VicE and I are the only two people that I know of that could be considered "fans" of Fawful. That's kind of a shame, even though I'm sure there are other Fawful fans out there.

Bowser - The King of the Koopas. He was always one of my favorite characters since the beginning, and he's still awesome. He's a huge, bada[b][/b]ss, intimidating, evil, spike-clad, fire breathing reptilian menace. What more could you want?

The Koopalings - I like all of 'em, but I'll only post why I like my top three favorite kids: Ludwig, Lemmy, and Iggy.

Ludwig - He's my personal favorite Koopaling: brilliant, strong, the only one other than Bowser that can breathe fire, looks cool with his single fang in the middle of his mouth, his spiked shell, and messy blue hair, and is just overall a tad insane. In short, he rocks. A lot.

Lemmy - The cute little guy with his silly expression, his circus ball that he rides around, and his crazy hair, has never received an ounce of dislike from me. Gotta love him.

Iggy - The poor nerdy little guy gets picked on way too much. (mainly by Roy :mad: ) I'll admit; he's cute, just like Lemmy, and plus he also has the crazy hair, and can even build various machines and contraptions like his brother, Ludwig! Go Iggy.

Kamek - Really, really underrated. He stood alongside Yoshi as one of the two best characters from Yoshi's Island (in my opinion). I love how mysterious (and strangely cute) his glasses make him appear. Besides, he knows his stuff when it comes to magic, and he rides a broomstick. Not only that, he also had two of the most important tasks to fulfill: raising Bowser as a spoiled little child, and capturing and eliminating baby Mario and baby Luigi. Even though he failed, he's still Kamek, and he's still cool.

Koopa Troopa & Paratroopa - They're adorable and charming little fellahs, and they don't get nearly enough respect. And yeah, they're Koopas, which automatically makes them cool in my book. <3

There are some other characters that I like (but aren't favorites) such as Birdo, Shyguy, Popple, Lakitu, etc, but I won't take the time to post why I like them. I've already posted enough, I think.

Oh, and of course, a post like this deserves a big...

[center]The end.[/center]

Posted by Tails

How many of you played Super Mario RPG for the Super NES? If you have, then you must be familar with "Geno". I find him the coolest Mario guy ever. He can shoot an energy beam from his arm and summon lassers from the sky to attack all of your eneimies! For those of you who don't know Geno, I'll tell you where to find him. In Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga, when your in that one game room where you get the "Invincashroom" and you have to play that game to get it, the little blue hooded thing on a stick is Geno. And at the credits you see his name at the very end. Sigh... I really wish to see Geno as a playable chareter again!

Posted by mastachief

i think in mario sunshine, that old grampa toad-guy, cause whenever u talk to him he says "yea, yea, blah blah blah"

Posted by Golden Archer

Did I forget to mention Bow, Madame Flurrie, Geno and Mallow?

Posted by Morag2

Quoting mastachief: i think in mario sunshine, that old grampa toad-guy, cause whenever u talk to him he says "yea, yea, blah blah blah"

Ummm... would that be Toadsworth?

Posted by Captain Flint

Yes, it's Toadsworth.

But my favorite is The Lean Green Machine Luigi.
Something about Luigi's Mansion got me so hooked on Luigi's class.

Posted by Codester

1)Toadstool
2)Yoshi
3)Luigi
4)Dr. Mario (cause' he shoots pills in SSBM)

Posted by Chronic

1) Shyguys
2) Boo
3) Bowser (and baby bowser)

Posted by Zeratul

Geno, my fav. (Wouldnt he be a good character in super smash bros?)

Posted by Miles Tails Prower

I like Mario,Luigi,and Yoshi the best. Always have always will.

Posted by Text Attraction

1) Boo. Always has been, I was the only one who ever used him in my old Mario Tennis days =(. And with his "tricky" style, I kicked arse. Plus, hes just so darned cute in all the other games.
2) Shyguy. Aye, they just look so cute, nerdy, and lonely.
3) Bowser. (What more can I say, he owns.)
4) The numerous toads. They look so cute <3.

Posted by Crazy K

1. Bowser - Of course my favorite mario charecter. Hes always in a mario game no matter what, and thats what I like.

2. Mario - The main charecter of most of the mario games. By far one of my favorites of chourse.

3. Luigi - Just because he's a sidekick does not mean he cant be just like good ol mario.

4. Yoshi - I like Yoshi's abilities, he can fly (with cetain shells), he can eat nearly anything in his path, and Yoshi is a cute little creature.

5. Toadstool - I never really knew why I liked this little fella so much, but I do know in SMB2 he had good speed. And I used him a lot on the game to get past levels that needed speed.

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

Yoshi- Because he shoots eggs out of his *ss crack! I mean how cool is that!

Posted by Faulty

I like that koopa... the one with wings, I dunno his name...

Posted by The Dark Harmonixer

I like Bowser, he acts all badass but he is a sweetie at heart, heh heh..

Posted by fig roll

I like them all, exept that toad and all the ones who look like him!

Posted by Fragliche

I have to say Yoshi, because there hasn't been a game he's been in that I haven't liked. He's such a classic Mario character, too.

Posted by -Fierce_Deity_Link-

Peach

Posted by Colonel

Either Para troopa, or Bowser

Posted by Meteordragon01

For me in most cases it was....
Mario duh!

Posted by Litbut

Mario. Then Luigi. Yoshi too.

Posted by juliebriggs

mallow or geno from smrpg

Posted by Pit

Birdo

Posted by muffla

^the olny time i liked burdo was in her first apperance

other than that i like yoshi

Posted by Domino

Luigi and Wario are hella sweet.

Posted by Colonel

para-troopa

Posted by Dog

Lakitu and ShyGuy.even though they're really annoying as enemys.

Posted by Grave Wisdom

[COLOR=Red]TEH BOWZER!!!

[COLOR=Blue]SRSLY here, Bowser is my favorite. Big Boo would be a close second however. Why do I like Bowser? Because he's freakin bad@ss, and looks cool. Nuff said. Do I need anymore reasons hmm?

NOW DO I?

[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Posted by Waluigi

Obviously Waluigi -- a good second is Hammer Bro.

Posted by The Hate

MARIO!

Posted by Colonel

Bowser or sweet Lu

Posted by Lemmy Koopa

For me, it's a tie between Bowser and the Koopalings. Not just the best Mario characters. Not just the best Nintendo characters. The best video game characters in general. ...At least, IMO. :p:

I love plenty of the characters from the Paper Mario games, as well.

Posted by WillisGreeny

When Mario RPG first came out I thought Geno was da bestest.

Posted by Palidor

Ever since Mario Kart 64 (it's among my top games) I've gotten attached to Wario. Everything he says in that game is totally funny and awesome. He has to be my favorite Mario character. Fawful, Yoshi, and Luigi are all really great, though... Luigi is so much more stylish than Mario.

Posted by Ant

Who the hell is Fawful?

Posted by Corrupt

Quoting Ant: Who the hell is Fawful?

I thought we had already been over this before?

Also happens to be one of my favorite characters in the series, too!

Posted by Ant

Oh, superstar saga. Never played that one. silly me.

Posted by Average n00b

I can't choose between Toad, Yoshi or Mario.

So, those three are my favourites. :D

Posted by TheSorrow

Magikoopa for me

Posted by karateteen14

for me it would have to bee a tie between toad and yoshi

Posted by shalini

Rawk Hawk
Boo
Yoshi
Koopa Kids
Spinie

Posted by ritu

Hi Guys, My Favorite Mario characters are Boo and Spinie.

Posted by Yoshidude

yoshi
luigi
mario
daisy
bowser
DK

Posted by CheeseCakeRocks1696

Hmm...
At number 1 I've definitely got Yoshi and Daisy tied.
Then, in no particular order...
Waluigi
Luigi
Boo
Dimentio (Super Paper Mario)
Paratroopa
Petey Piranha
Big Bob-Omb (SM64, SM64DS)
And...Lakitu.
I like a lot.

Posted by Breakman

Yoshi, especially old-style SNES Yoshi. Though he seems to be returning to that level of coolness between YI2 (bleh at the Yoshi's Story music, but everything else was happily SMW2-esque) and Brawl. The yellow and blue yoshis are my favorites.

Lemmy Koopa. By far the most awesome Koopa Kid.

Kamek. I wish he'd have been in Mario Kart 64 as he was planned to be, and several other Mario games. It's also sad that he seems to have been folded into the 'race' of Magikoopas in the same way Toad seems to have folded into the race of Toads and been replaced by Toadsworth.

Posted by Janitor

Waluigi
Yoshi
Luigi
Mr. L (yeah, I know, they're the same person. Still...)
Boshi
Geno
Oho Jees

Posted by Breakman

Quoting Janitor:
Boshi

oh yes him too

Posted by Aeroshadow5098

Wario, Boo, and Shy Guy are my favorites.

Posted by Average n00b

In no particular order-
Boo was always up the top, Luigi, Yoshi, Wario.

Posted by O.T.L

Out of everyone I like Luigi the best

Posted by NINTENDO FAN!101

YOSHI

Posted by Ambellina

Princess Peach is awsome. Bowser comes in a close second

Posted by Link&Luigi loverRAWK

my fav mario characters & enemys r
1)LUIGI I dont know y but he's always been my #1 FAV!
2)Boo(& King Boo)4 some reason unknown?
3)kamek
4)paratroopa
5)hammer bro
6)bowser(both big & small)
7)Browzer(4 those of u who dont know him he's the final boss in Mario & Luigi:Partners in time)
8)goomba(& THATS INCLUDING ALL TYPES OF GOOMBAS + GOOMBOSS)
9)lakitu
10)peach
bye!

Posted by cloud1570

geno >.>

Posted by David M. Awesome

Boshi. :cool:

Also, Kamek and that koopa that joins your party in the first Paper Mario. Can't remember his name.

Edit: BABY DAISY

Posted by addison

i love Luigi because he is the absolute funniest character in the entire Mario series.

Posted by Breakman

Quoting David M. Awesome: that koopa that joins your party in the first Paper Mario. Can't remember his name.

Kooper? That guy RULED. Also Bobbery and the baby Yoshi from PM2.

And to further update my yoshi love, in Mario Kart Wii his voice is so adorable i want to just curl up and die in the most cute and non-morbid way possible. He's definitely getting back to that old level of 'man this dude's awesome' that he had in the SNES days, though SMW2: Yoshi's Island yoshi is still by far the best EVER in style.