Hotkeys

Posted by Seed37

I'm having a problem with the hotkeys on AOL. I hit Ctrl+Home and it made the font on all the websites bigger, does anyone know how to make it return to normal font?

Posted by Trigger

You could try holding control and using the scroll wheel on your mouse (if any) to decrease or increase the page size. If your mouse doesn't have a scroll wheel, you can use the + and - keys to acheive the same solution.

Posted by Seed37

I know that works on pictures, but it does'nt work here. I'm not sure what's going on with it. Out of common sense I tried Page End, but that failed.

Posted by Lethal Shadow

Did you even try what Trigger siad?

How about AOL troubleshooting. There is probably something there.

Posted by Trigger

[quote=Seed37]I know that works on pictures...
Wrong. The advice I gave has no affect on pictures or any graphical image, it only increases or decreases text font on web pages only. You obviously didn't try my advice at all or have no idea what you're talking about. You asked a question, Seed and I willingly gave you advice - if you aren't going to even at least try the solution, no one is going to be able to help you.

Don't dismiss something merely because you think you know what the advice does because as you've just learned, you were sorely wrong.

Posted by Prince Redon

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]

Quoting Trigger: Wrong. The advice I gave has no affect on pictures or any graphical image, it only increases or decreases text font on web pages only. You obviously didn't try my advice at all or have no idea what you're talking about. You asked a question, Seed and I willingly gave you advice - if you aren't going to even at least try the solution, no one is going to be able to help you.

Don't dismiss something merely because you think you know what the advice does because as you've just learned, you were sorely wrong.

Actually on some programs you can adjust pictures that way...But only on certain ones I guess.

I was sitting there, he tried it, what made you assume he didn't? It didn't work...It works on my computer, but not on his...But he has AOL and just have a phone company connection...Which still works better than AOL.
[/COLOR]

Posted by Trigger

Well, Prince Reardon, considering that you believe you're the genius of this situation, perhaps you might go to the lengths of telling us what program he actually uses to browse web pages in AOL. Typically AOL would use Internet Explorer (and I know my advice works in that program). I mean, after all, you seem to know what's going on here, and since you both surely missed the defining detail in this entire topic, perhaps now might be the time to start laying some real information down other than "I saw him try it".

Just a thought, if you want help, that is...

Posted by Prince Redon

Quoting Trigger: Well, Prince Reardon, considering that you believe you're the genius of this situation,

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]When did I come close to even trying to claim that? I have no d*mn idea what's wrong with it, that's why I can't fix it for him.[/COLOR]

[quote]perhaps you might go to the lengths of telling us what program he actually uses to browse web pages in AOL. Typically AOL would use Internet Explorer (and I know my advice works in that program). I mean, after all, you seem to know what's going on here, and since you both surely missed the defining detail in this entire topic, perhaps now might be the time to start laying some real information down other than "I saw him try it".

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]
I missed nothing, considering it's not my computer I'm not going to mess with it. He will get it fixed, all I did was look away from the X-box for maybe 10 seconds for him to tell me what suggestion he got, and then he turned and tried it, and it didn't work. I don't know anything about it or why it didn't work, it's not big concern to me, like I said, all I seen was him try it and it didn't work.[/COLOR]

Posted by Trigger

For a friend, you sure don't know much about something simple like what browser he uses.

Posted by Prince Redon

Because I don't use AOL, or really know anything about it...All I know is that's what he uses, and when I get on his computer, I sign on with AOL and use the Firefox browser, but he doesn't like Firefox...So I guess he uses whatever comes with AOL.

Posted by Trigger

[quote=Trigger]...perhaps you might go to the lengths of telling us what program he actually uses to browse web pages in AOL.
[quote=Prince Reardon]I don't know anything about it...
[quote]All I know is that's what he uses...
I think it's time to either pick better words to answer with, get your story right or let Seed ask for help and answer his own problems.

Posted by Prince Redon

Ok, how about this, I have no idea what browser he uses, but I know he dails up using AOL.

Seed probably won't be coming back, he doesn't like VGC for some reason.

Edit: Yeah, forget it, I'll fix the da*n thing...It will work out better than people saying "You must try my way first, your not trying it, so how can I help"

Yeah I tried it thanks goodbye.

"And you need to explain yourself better"

If thought I made it clear, but forget it.

Posted by loony636

Why don't you stop using a crap browser like AOL and move to something like Mozilla Firefox. If you have AOL as a ISP, I don't know if you can use anything but the AOL browser. I had it once, but I can't remember if you can or not....

Posted by Seed37

Yeah, about the browser, AOL, and all that crap, I really don't give a da*n. Honostly. I could care less. And why the hell is everyone trying to prove everyone wrong? ITS A COMPUTER. IT ISN'T ANYTHING IMPORTANT IN THIS SITUATION. SETTLE.

Posted by TopgunFFX

solution: dont use aol it sucks..... when i had it i hated it!! got rid of it in days......