Suggested Games to remove from Arcade

Posted by Gravitar

Games, that I know of that should be deleted due to:
A..Ways to cheat/Use an exploit within the game
B..Max High Score Easily Achieved
C..Game is Bugged

Abyss
Sometimes the "bonus meter" will get stuck and not increase as you play, resulting in the loss of thousands of points.

Adventure Golf:
Scores backwards - Just hit Skip hole each hole to get Max High Score.

Alchemy:
Put 1st piece on board and keep clicking on it.

Alien Hominid
The game ends after you kill the giant robot and score doesn't get sent.
Just die and your life only goes negative but you stay alive
Run up the score simply by shooting the constantly spawning enemies.

Alpha Bravo Charlie
Level 4 has an invisible barrier that crashes the helicopter, preventing completion.

Apple Hunt:
Scoring Exploit/Glitch Found by NES-Queen

Alien Terminator:
Has a game exploit that looks to not been used here yet.

Ants:
Max High Score easy to get.

Arkanoid:
Hit the bricks out so you have a clear path to bounce the ball into a corner and have it rebound back to the same spot so you dont have to move paddle.

Asteroids 2000:
Hit the Tab key, then SpaceBar (Auto Targets/Hits Asteroid)

Bahgdad Bowling:
After you get to the third level you cant submit score

Board Meeting:
Game has no end or timer. Can play infinitely.

Checkers
Select options - change opponent from CPU to 2nd player. Play against yourself!

Christmas Bounce: Gives you a free life every 5 seconds. game never ends

Christmas Trivia:
High Score of 100 Easily Achieved

Cooking Cookies: easy max high score

Crash Down:
Has 2 exploits that I cant remember at the moment
There is another version out that fixes the problems :)

Dick Quick's Island Adventure:
Max High Score of 100 / Walk-Through available on the internet (Hint)

Embassy SharpShooter:
Hit successive targets in the Center. Scores BIG!

Frogger(Black-White):
Move Up-Down and score 10 points

Funky Pong:
Use a MAC to play the game and adjust a few FLASH/Shockwave settings.

Hexxagon:
Use a pattern of moves

Jet Packer:
Get a Extra Life, Get some points, Die (Repeat)

JigSaw Puzzle:
Just use the same puzzle over and over.

Joust:
Way to many glitches in the game that make advancing levels impossible due to enemies disappearing and unhitable.

Maeda Path:
Start Level, Move mouse backwards along path till mouse is off game screen, When at the end of the level just go around screen and place it on the end of the level.

Mill & Tary HQ:
Max High Score easy to get

Mill & Tary Snow:
Max High Score easy to get

Mini Putt3:
Scores Backwards, Just get to the last hole and hit the ball indefinitely.

Ninja Kid
Beating the game your score will register incorrectly. The game divides your score by 100

Penguin Bashing:
Easy to get Max High Score

Railway Line:
Put your Train in a loop. Just make sure you have a bomb to blow up a loop piece when you are done.

Sharp Shooter:
Just alternately hit TAB and SpaceBar (Auto Target/Hit Sniper)

Simon:
Write down the colors in sequence.

Space Ace (Arcade)
Halfway during wave 5 or 6, the game automatically advances you ahead a couple levels then ends without submitting the score.

Spank The Monkey:
Manipulate mouse settings for increased speed, Also use edge of screen cheat.

Stick Avalanche:
Move figure just above the middle of the word "Score"

Suicide Puppy:
Max High Score easily Achieved

Super Mario Mushroom:
Max High Score easily Achieved. Game is bugged

Super Mario Rampage (ALL):
Move gun down one spot, Hold Space Bar down with an object.

------------------------------------------------------
Any more? If so PM or reply here so i can update the list.

Posted by ZEN

Quoted post:
Alien Terminator:
Has a game exploit that looks to not been used here yet.

Nooooooo!!! I worked so hard for that one.

Anyway, here's a few more...

Alpha Bravo Charlie
Level 4 has an invisible barrier that crashes the helicopter, preventing completion.
[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v713/zen3/alpha_bravo_glitchie2.jpg]Detailed screenshot of "glitch"[/url]

Checkers
Select options - change opponent from CPU to 2nd player. Play against yourself! (I didn't do this to win though. Discovered it just yesterday.)

Ninja Kid
If you beat the game, you can't submit your score.

Abyss
Sometimes the "bonus meter" will get stuck and not increase as you play, resulting in the loss of thousands of points.

Posted by Gravitar

From Zen:
Alpha Bravo Charlie
[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v713/zen3/alpha_bravo_glitchie2.jpg]Detailed screenshot of "glitch"[/url]
------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow! didn't know about that one, guess I didnt reach that level yet.
GravitaR

Posted by speedemon35

Alien Hominid

Why? The game ends after you kill the giant robot and score doesn't get sent. Apart from that you can die as many times as you want nd your life only goes negative but you stay alive

Posted by ZEN

Quoting speedemon35: Alien Hominid

Why? The game ends after you kill the giant robot and score doesn't get sent. Apart from that you can die as many times as you want nd your life only goes negative but you stay alive

I never had a problem with the negative lives thing, but I have never beaten the first level either.
I know that it's possible to run up the score simply by shooting the constantly spawning enemies.

Posted by Gravitar

Updated the list today. Thanks for the input everyone.

Keep them coming.
GravitaR

Posted by Jesse Smith

From PM...

Quoting Gravitar: Games to not add that i know of due to bugs/exploits/cheats or darn aweful:
------------
3 Card Poker
Apples
Babe Jump
Bumper Golf
Chicken
Choir Boy
Colors
Crazy Coffer
Cricket
Defend Your Castle
Map Test
Mumu
PaintBall
RainMan
Scpt: PhotoHunt
Space Explorer
Speed Cards
Zelda

Grrrr, this thread is making me depressed!!!! :(:(

Posted by speedemon35

There there Jess don't fell depressed. The world is a nice place...most of the time. Besides you didn't create those games so you're not responsible if they were badly programmed

Posted by Gravitar

Quoting speedemon35: There there Jess don't fell depressed. The world is a nice place...most of the time. Besides you didn't create those games so you're not responsible if they were badly programmed

I totally agree with Speedemon35 on the above.
----------------------------------------------

Everytime you put a game in it takes a little work to make it fully function on a given site. Some take seconds while others can take many minutes to set up. I think that is what's depressing poor ole' Jesse.

GravitaR

Posted by loony636

Thanks *** someone noticed.

Posted by NES Queen

Games to be Removed
-[URL=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/ecoli742/bagdad.jpg]Bagdad Bowling[/URL] : still won't let me submit a score. plus the guy in red screams like michael jackson when you hit him.
-Christmas Bounce: no life syndrome game, you get a free life every 5 seconds. game never ends
-Cooking Cookies: easy max high score
-Crazy Block Breaker: no life syndrome game
-Equilibrium: no life syndrome game, just click and hold the tightrope and catch the free life that comes by every 15 seconds or so
-Karts: no life syndrome game
-Magattack: score exploit, ask DDR about it
-Nut Nut: no life syndrome game
-Photo Hunt: easy max high score
-Pipe Mania: no life syndrome game. game never ends
-Pogo panic: same as with Simon, just write the colors down
-Slingshot Santa: easy max high score
-both Space Ace games: wont let me submit a score

Abyss is not glitched, well it wasn't for me at least. I got to the bonus round 3x. it just gets harder to make the bar move as the levels increase.

Embassy Sharp Shooter is not glitched. The point to the game is to hit the targets, do it in succession and you score big. That's the POINT to the game.

Posted by Gravitar

I played Bagdad bowling and it submitted fine.
GravitaR

Posted by Jesse Smith

Actually, there should be two different lists.

Games that don't work (Like the two I deleted), and games that shouldn't be counted in the contest because of score bugs. Just because the score's messed up/people can cheat doesn't mean people can't play the games for fun!! At the end of the contest I can simple not count the cheat scores.

Only games that don't work are the ones that should be deleted.

Posted by NES Queen

no, games that are stupid and boring should be deleted. there no need to have 400 games if half of them are retarded.

Posted by Gravitar

Baghdad bowling is indeed broken. Get to the third level and if you are to far into it the game dont submit even if you are fast enough to click on the submit button. So yea, I agree with NES-Queen (Take it out)

Dang! I liked that game too!
GravitaR

Posted by ZEN

Quoting NES Queen: -Karts: no life syndrome game

Granted it's lame, but it still requires a lot of focus and effort to score high on it. 'Karts' could go on forever, but the game ends after one crash (which usually happens when the player falls asleep after dodging cars for 25 minutes straight).

Anyway, more discoveries...

Space Ace (Arcade)
Halfway during wave 5 or 6, the game automatically advances you ahead a couple levels then ends without submitting the score.

Also, it seems I made a mistake on 'Ninja Kid' earlier. It turns out that you can in fact "submit the score after beating it", however the score will register incorrectly.
So it goes like this...

Ninja Kid
If you beat the game, your final submitted score will be cut short by two zeros [example: 75,000 = 750].

Bad.

Posted by Gravitar

Quoting NES Queen: no, games that are stupid and boring should be deleted. there no need to have 400 games if half of them are retarded.

What may be stupid and boring to you may be another players delight. Mainly looking for the games that have no end, or once you end them you cant submit. Those should be deleted IMHO.

Karts is what I'd like to call a dexterity game since it does indeed end if you crash or fall asleep. Mostly the second I think :)

GravitaR

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting NES Queen: no, games that are stupid and boring should be deleted.

*Remembers to never listen to any one who calls themselves the NES Queen.* IMO, every sport or card game is 'stupid and boring' but did I keep them off?? No, so people that like them can play them. The next update, in a few hours, with 54 games, will even have sport/card games.

*Crud!!!! Now you got me playing Solitaire.* :(

Posted by Gravitar

Adding JOUST to the list of games to remove due to its many glitches outlined below.
-----
A. Enemy gets stuck at the top and bottem of the screen where they dont die and you cant hit them.

B. You can get stuck on the top or bottem also
C. You can clear the screen but if an enemy disappears on the top/bottem you are stuck on that level.

GravitaR

Posted by Max Mouse

Quoting Gravitar: Spank The Monkey:
Manipulate mouse settings for increased speed, Also use edge of screen cheat.

But But I was almost champion.........and just because I got 848 a hundred times doesn't mean I cheated...............:)

Posted by Gravitar

Quoting Max Mouse: But But I was almost champion.........and just because I got 848 a hundred times doesn't mean I cheated...............:)

I dont see where anyone said you did. If so please point it out. BTW, the score for that game can go into the thousands and beyond.

Have a good day.
GravitaR

Posted by loony636

Quoted post:
Comments on this post
Max Mouse disagrees: You don't know what your talking about

Oh shut up Max Mouse, you don't know what you're talking about.

Another one to be removed is Apple Hunt.

Posted by ZEN

More games with issues...

S.A.M. Site
The score resets after passing each level.

Jungle Jumble 2
Simple memory/matching game. Only one round, and easy to win in less than 20 seconds.
(This one's hard to describe. It doesn't contain any real problems, it just does not seem to belong in the arcade.)

Posted by Jesse Smith

CRUD!!! NES Queen, now you got me ADDICTED to [url=http://www.vgchat.com/arcade.php?do=play&gameid=363]Mahjong Solitaire[/url]!!

If there's ANY ONE out there that knows how to play card games, play the game a few times and knock my score out of the park. Maybe that will get me un-addicted to the game!!!

Posted by loony636

I'm going to try Jesse, right now.

Posted by NES Queen

Remove Koala Sabatoge. When you get to the kangaroo house it wont let you complete the level and continue with the game

Posted by ZEN

As if it really matters now, here are some more games with "issues" that I've found.
(I also wanted to refresh this topic.)

Jungle Jump - Can't submit score after completing Level 3.

Gorlog - Game freezes up after beating third boss.

Jump The Gorge - Won't submit score after completing the last jump.

City Jump - Level 29 is either "glitched" or just plain "impossible". You will NOT get past Level 29. Go ahead... try.

Kirby's Star Scramble - Cheat by getting score of 42,798. (I don't know how this is done. The final digit can only be a "5" or a "0", so a "42798" is not possible. Every arcade that has this game always has that same top score. It can be beaten "legitimately" but it takes FOREVER!)

Square Bears Trivia Squares - It's a good trivia game. Problem is... it's a "trivia game". Getting a higher score just depends on playing it over and over until you get the right answers. May have a "max score".

Donkey Kong (The LCD game one) - Score flips back to "000" when you go over "999". Also can't submit score when that happens.

Virus - This game is just dumb.

There's also this one game in the VGC arcade that contains "innapropriate images of the exposed epidermis of the mammories of the female anatomy".
(Translation) - Itz got nekkid b00bies!

I would tell you what game it is, but first these other crappy games need to be dealt with (otherwise Jesse will just get rid of the game with the pr0no and leave the rest). How's that for a "con"?

*Runs off and plays game where you see the "happy funbags" one more time*