Does anyone play SOCOM online?

Posted by MonkeyBalls

I used to have the first SOCOM and played it all the time. If I wasn't working or sleeping, I would play SOCOM. So eventually I had to get rid of the game, since I stopped having a social life. I bought SOCOM 2 and liked playing it but I sold it as soon as I got broadband internet again so I wouldn't become a SOCOM junkie again.

I was wondering if anyone plays or has played SOCOM 2 online? I remember the first one lagging like crazy and so many cheaters using glitches and game sharks. Is SOCOM 2 the same way? How is the gameplay online? I am thinking about buying SOCOM 2 again and was wondering if it is worth it. I also think that SOCOM 3 will be coming out this year. Does anyone have any info about SOCOM 3?

edit: Is SOCOM 3 out already?

Posted by Vann64

SOCOM 2 has less cheaters/glitches, but there are rank up people, who use a weird method of ranking up fast and easily. Overall though, its better than the first, and worth it. Also, SOCOM 3 comes out September 2005.

Posted by MonkeyBalls

I finally broke down and bought a used Socom 2, it was only $20. You were right about there being less glitching, I have yet to see anyone glitch so far. That's what I didn't like about the first Socom. Every game you would play, there would be at least one glitcher or someone using a game shark. I like the rank aspect, but like you said I heard people do stuff to get a higher rank.

The only thing I don't like about Socom 2 is that it is always the same maps being played. I used to do very good in Abandoned, but I have yet to see anyone play that map. I am sure I will buy Socom 3. I hear that it will have less lag and more people can play at a time, I think 32.