Accepting Name Changes

Posted by brownoystercult

After talking with Jeese Smith, I put up this thread. It's a decision of wether or not you want name changes to be accepted again.

I personally wanted to ditch my username and make a new one, but it's up to your votes. If the majority of the votes go to "yes" I'm gunna need a super mod to OK it so if any of the super mods are willing to do so, step up and inform me. You votes count, so choose wisely.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

No. I can never keep track of the new name changes, because everyone does it, then multiple times over.

Posted by Roger Smith

I say nay. Keeping up with so many names becomes quite the hassle.

Posted by mis0

I don't really care, as this is the only stray-away from a Khaos name I've ever made. I say "yea" porque it's a nice thing to be able to do occasionally.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Disclaimer: All I said was that you never have to ask about making polls, you might want to hope you don't get flamed, that a Super Mod would still have to OK it, that this thread might help him, and that politics stinks!!!

Posted by The Judge

Change it to "Stupid Dickface." It'd be hilarious.

And Lisa should learn to pay more attention.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

No, because otherwise it would be helping you out...

Yeah *Shurgs*

Posted by Linko_16

I guess it's okay, but upon request of a name change, the Super Mod should respond with a reminder/suggestion to put their old name in their sig or title for a while. Seriously.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Yeah, if its something bizzare like Poco ---> Comissar Yarrick or Paul Cesar ---> Airos (or whatever, or Abraxas ---> Majesty Machine or Teh Dishwashenator ---> Swordcat

You see what I mean?

Mine was pretty simple:

feioncastor ---> Fei-on Castor

Posted by sabre

They don't bother me at all, and it's a nice luxury to have in case you want it, so I'll vote yes. I would recommend maybe moderator approvals to prevent it from getting too out of hand, though.

Posted by higbvuyb

Either they make their new name similar to their old one, or have their old name as their user title.

Posted by Klarth

*hypocrite*

Posted by Ant

Cold Fire. (Yes)

[quote=Jesse Smith]As soon as I see a PM from him approving name chganges for EVERYONE, then people can change there name!!!
Yeah, that "him" is you, Sabredog! :D It's up to you wether you want to OK it now or not. If you want name changes can be allowed for a certain period of time, it's up to you to PM Jesse giving him the OK. Please take this into consideration, and PM Jesse ASAP. If you think the name changes will get too out of hand, I guess we could sticky a thread, making the members that changed their names, post their previous username to avoid confusion. Sorry I tell you here, but it would not allow me to PM you.

Posted by Sable Wind

As long they put the old name somewhere else for a while, let 'em at it. I don't care.

Posted by Fate

I can spot posting identities, so it wouldn't bother me if people didn't specify.

I should go back to "Princess Kitty."

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Fate: I can spot posting identities, so it wouldn't bother me if people didn't specify.

Lucky you. >.<

What's really confusing is when everyone gets so friendly that they refer to people by their first name. Then I don't know who anyone is.

Posted by Poco

I wanna be poco again!

Posted by Linko_16

Yeah, please do... it took me months to figure out that Cammisar Yarrick was once Poco.

Posted by Poco

Yeah, I'm a man of mystery.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

I wanna change my name to Shake It Brother.

Posted by Xenos

Moved to the Help and Suggestions board. This deals with technical and so forth issue than the community in a sense.

Either way, it doesn't really matter to me. I use to have a name changing disorder, but I'm going to see if I can keep this name for another year. :(

Posted by loony636

I have no idea what to change my name to, I just want to change it.

GRR..SABRE HAS TO SEE THIS THREAD ****IT

Posted by Chronic

I dont care that much so I just vote yes.

Posted by sabre

Namechanges open from now until 00:01 GMT on Monday 4th.

Enjoy.

PHANK U. I LOVE U.

Posted by sabre

NO PROBLEM. Keep all requests in the thread titled Namechange Requests Thread, don't PM Jesse for them, we want to keep a record of them all.