N64 Challenge

Posted by D.J Cat

Well, its time for something different.

Every week we should have an N64 challenge.

How does this work?

Every week someone will post up a challenge that you do on a 64 game. Then whoever does the best in that weeks challenge gets to choose the next weeks challenge. Anyone can enter, and it doesn't take much time (or it shouldn't anyway) and it should all be good fun.
If anyone doesn't understand feel free to ask away.

Anyway onto this weeks challenge.

----------------------------
Game: Perfect Dark

Challenge:
Go to combat simluator and choose Fecility and a 10 minute time limit.
Put in 4 easy sims and 2 normal sims.
Now go to custom weapons.
Make this your gun list:

CMP150
Callisto NTG
K7 Avenger
AR-34
DY-357 LX
Reaper

Now have a 10 minute go and see how many kills you get.
Simple as that.

To start us off I got 73 kills.

Please post your score even if you don't win.
Its about having some fun, so get amongst it. :bangbang:

Posted by D.J Cat

Are people just not interesred in the idea, or is it this particular challenge, or will everyone get around to it later?

Posted by legov8

Well, I would do it, it's just that I don't have that game. I'll do it for a game I do have.

Posted by Jerry Rice

I don't think too many people play the N64 anymore. Maybe you should try another system and a game a bit more up to date?

Posted by Arczu

Most people should have this one: Super Mario 64.

Here's the challenge. Collect every single star withing a day. Here's the catch. You start a new file, then you get every single star, but you cannot save at all. Have pause breaks, but no resetting/power off.

I finished this off once, but my brother did not tell me weather it was reset or not. But altogether, it was half a day's worth of playing. I also wanted a rumor confirmed...

Posted by infernolism

everybody should heard about a shooting game called PERFECT DARK......i think dat game was awesum.............well hear dis....da challenge is to play da advance option were u can custom da game and hav a unlimited time with all shotguns on slow motion,1 hit kills all, against 3 dark simulants.....u can hav 4 players tooo or 3 doesnt matter i played it with 2 of my friends and we almost tied its was simulants:104 and us humans:100 so try dat o yea a place is at da complex

Posted by infernolism

yea i jus played da challenge at da top i got a 73 aloso soo i guess i didnt win

Posted by infernolism

heres another challenge play all da challenges in perfect dark for 15 staight hours

[IMG]http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/592/vu5ck.jpg[IMG]

Posted by Wicked Sushi

I would play, but I don't have Perfect Dark (or any Expansion requiring games for that matter).

Posted by inequity

Quoting D.J Cat:
Game: Perfect Dark

Challenge:
Go to combat simluator and choose Fecility and a 10 minute time limit.
Put in 4 easy sims and 2 normal sims.
Now go to custom weapons.
Make this your gun list:

CMP150
Callisto NTG
K7 Avenger
AR-34
DY-357 LX
Reaper

Now have a 10 minute go and see how many kills you get.
Simple as that.

To start us off I got 73 kills.

Please post your score even if you don't win.
Its about having some fun, so get amongst it. :bangbang:

The most I ws able to get was 63

[IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y253/BiteyMcOverBite/Picture100.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y253/BiteyMcOverBite/Picture099.jpg[/IMG]

I died at the last second :link:

Posted by D.J Cat

Well, thanks to all those who had a go and the suggestions for other challenges.

Time for a new one me thinks.

This one should work...

In Super Mario 64, anywhere in the game try and do as many consecutive wall jumps as possible. (Thats the move where you jump at a wall and then press A+ the opposite direction. Just as a little extra I'd like to say I prefer how the wall jumps are more difficult to do in Mario 64 than in Mario Sunchine...)

Simply count them up and post your best here.

Posted by darkwhispers

I got 4 wall jumps

I have a challenge if you have LOZ ocarina of time: try to get all the golden skullawallatulas within a day I guess you can save if you're a simpleton but if you want a real challenge DON'T.

Posted by inequity

Heres a challenge for Star Fox 64. Simply complete the game once and post your final score. My final score was around 850. (I'm not completely sure, I forgot to check my final score and shut the game off, but I had around 800 before I fought andross.)

Quoting D.J Cat:
Time for a new one me thinks.

This one should work...

In Super Mario 64, anywhere in the game try and do as many consecutive wall jumps as possible. (Thats the move where you jump at a wall and then press A+ the opposite direction. Just as a little extra I'd like to say I prefer how the wall jumps are more difficult to do in Mario 64 than in Mario Sunshine...)

Simply count them up and post your best here.

I got 55. I did this in the begining of Tall Tall mountain. Its the easiest place to do them.

Posted by I feel Yellow?

is it ok to use ROM's of the game with something like project 64? that would be much easier because more people could play the game

Try This:
How long you can survive on SSB with 3 level 9 comp of jiggly puff, you must also play as jiggly puff, :P you can choose any level to play on
here are the rules:
[IMG]http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/3506/19zy.png[/IMG]
[IMG]http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/7458/28zt.png[/IMG]
[IMG]http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/9281/39nm.png[/IMG]
I managed about 20 seconds with no enemy kills

Posted by inequity

I don't think it matters if its emulator or not.

But I got 46 seconds (zebas, all jiggly puffs, 2 kills) I counted.

Posted by D.J Cat

I got 26 wall jumps in Big Boo's Haunt.

I might have another go at that later in the week.

Well, i can't stop you getting an emulator.
Your obviously to good to get a real N64 yourself, which would be available at some super cheap price anyway.

Posted by D.J Cat

Quoting Inequity: Heres a challenge for Star Fox 64.

I got 55. I did this in the begining of Tall Tall mountain. Its the easiest place to do them.

You win this weeks (last weeks maybe, whenever it was) challenge.

You can set the new challenge if you like.

And good job on them walll jumps.

Posted by Dragon Master

tall tall moutain i did 64 wall jumps in mario 64 gee it was easy wall kick's or easy try going to rainbow ride and try 60 wall jumps to get 7 red coins trust me it's not a walk in the park, i did this for real i have the game an i counted them to.