THEY CAME FROM...BEHIND

Posted by Speedfreak

Seems DS is giving PSP quite a whoopin' in Japan right now. Figures show that there are much more DS owners than there are PSP owners, but we've known that for a while now. What we haven't know is how well their games are selling, which is really the important part of any console war. Doesn't matter how many systems you sell, if each owner only buys one game, you're screwed. So, here are the figures for the top selling DS and PSP games.

Nintendo DS
WarioWare: Touched! : 740,000 units
Super Mario 64 DS : 710,000 units
Nintendogs: 400,000 units
Pok

Posted by Dark

I guess people like the interactivity of the DS that encourages you to get involved in the game itself. Just now I played a Pax-Pix demo and it rocks :)

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Jesus, I'm suprised at the game sales. I knew the DS was outselling the PSP, and I knew the games would be to. But some of those numbers are double the amount I predicted.

Posted by Axis

Kirby Canvas IMO will become the top selling DS title in a couple of months. Anyways I'm really really suprised at the game sales.

Posted by Drewboy64

I'm not that surprised; DS games seem to be a hell of alot better in my opinion. PSP looses in terms of gameplay. It honestly has nothing exciting coming up. DS has got things like Mario Kart, Mario Bros, Zelda, etc.

Posted by Apathetic

I need to get kirby canvas so I can walk up to my friend when he gets his psp and start laughing at him ;)

Posted by dylananisa

yha apathetic that isnot a good idea because well psps are like vg players and mp3 players in one no one cane comepete to the unless nintendo can come up with the most fun game ever only 4 the ds that will make a bundle

Posted by Pit

Quoting dylananisa: yha apathetic that isnot a good idea because well psps are like vg players and mp3 players in one no one cane comepete to the unless nintendo can come up with the most fun game ever only 4 the ds that will make a bundle

For the love of *** make sense!

Quoted post: I need to get kirby canvas so I can walk up to my friend when he gets his psp and start laughing at him

Well, then you should both get Ridge Racer so he can laugh his *** off :D

I'll get it soon enough. You know, like, when I have money!

Posted by Shade

Do some of that kung foo hussle you were talking about. ;)

Imagine the carnage when November rolls around.

Quoted post: Kirby Canvas IMO will become the top selling DS title in a couple of months.

Meteos, easily. My whole city was sold out within the first two hours of its release while we still have tons of Kirby, and haven't once sold out.

Posted by Text Attraction

Sheesh too bad i'm too poor to afford either one of them (I'm still trying to afford WoW), but if I had to choose I'd have to say the DS. Another reason the sales are probably better for the DS is that there isn't much advertisement at all for the Psp that I've seen =\ And the games really don't seem to be that great or exciting..

Quoted post: Another reason the sales are probably better for the DS is that there isn't much advertisement at all for the Psp that I've seen =\

Though Nintendo has really stepped it up and brought out a ton of DS commercials (and most are pretty good), the PSP has just as many (or at least play as often).

Posted by verystrait42

DS ROCKS!!! NINTENDO SHALL RULE THE WORLD!!!!