looking back on the DS prototype!

Posted by goku262003

well i did a google search on it:
http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&lr=&safe=off&q=nintendo+DS+%2B+E3&btnG=Search
its wired how it looks compare to nows version..

hey did anyone ever find that stolen prototype from E3? bet that one cost a Fortune by now!

if you look ina couple pages youll see the DS proto. intro must've been nice!

stylus prototype!

so..its gonna come in orange soon?

better image of the orange proto. and mario 64 proto.

wheres that level?

...WTF?!?!?

DS first intro now in marble white!

now i want a prototype! :D!

Posted by Proto Man

I really like the new style. I just have one question though, did the prototypes have all the hardware that the final versions did? You know, like wireless and all that stuff.

Posted by goku262003

maybe not but there was pictochat around so...

hmm wonder if i can get my DS modified like that?|

mario 64 x4

wait! the start and power buttions are reversed!

Posted by Bebop

There was no place to store the stylus in the proto.

This is NGC magazine of Englands artists impression of the DS when the specs were lieaked. This design has nothing to do with Nintendo.

Posted by Shanuti Aborina

Ah, yes the prototype version- the one that I must say im beginning to like more and more- except the Select.Start/Power button palava. That mock up NGC one now looks kinda crap- it doesn't look like it would have been very durable.

Posted by Idiotech

It looks better now altough i didn't find the first ugly at all.

Posted by NightmareBassX

Do you realize alot of the so called "DS prototypes" with images from games on them look fake, the start screen to mario 64 Ds looks nothing like that, and the metroid hunters map doesnt look the same (May have been different), thje switched start and select was actually real though, And im pretty sure somewhere it came out like that, But if that blue one is real, I like it!

Posted by Speedfreak

They're all real you ass, they're pictures from E3.

Posted by Logiedan

And there is NO blue on. It's just the reflection of the blue lights XD.

Posted by Scorpion

Why can't everyone fly in the final Mario DS game? Or can they???

Posted by Dark Link

Only Mario can fly in the DS version.

Mario: Flys/Floats
Luigi: Invisible
Wario: Metal
Yoshi: Shoot Fire or Fly? (Can't remember :p)

Posted by goku262003

yoshi just shoots fire...sucks! notice the map looks different too?
all these are real shots except the mock up i just liked that shot! :P

Posted by Kopaka

Remember that Mario game on the DS? I think it was a promo/demo thingie... with Mario and he was really big and he stomped on Bowzer? I hope that turns into a full game.

Posted by NightmareBassX

Hey, Im just saying I think they look fake, I didnt say they were, It was just an opinion dont get all mad at me. I just thought the pictures on the screens of the games looked fake, not the "Prototypes", I just thought it looked weird.

EDIT - Oh a reflection? .... I liked it like that, Now I feel like a dumbass.

Posted by NightmareBassX

wheres that level?

Sorry for double posting but, I just noticed that looks alot like the metriod prime kind of view, or is that just what the real version looks like.

Posted by Bebop

That is what is was going to be like until they swapped the screen around. That level will probably be in the completed game.

Posted by NightmareBassX

I mean how the blue lines go, in the demo they are orange and there arnt as many health boxes, plus you cant swap weapons like that unless its different, im still confused.

Posted by Speedfreak

Jesus christ, it's a tech demo, that's why it's different to the end result, it's BEFORE completion!

Posted by NightmareBassX

Oh geez sorry, i was just confused.

Posted by goku262003

i wish i was at E3 i wouldve loved to play the tech demos !

Posted by Scorpion

Quoting Dark Link: Only Mario can fly in the DS version.

Mario: Flys/Floats
Luigi: Invisible
Wario: Metal
Yoshi: Shoot Fire or Fly? (Can't remember :p)

I know that, I own the game. I had just never tried to get the wing cap with the other people. If you look on the original Mario 64 x4(aka DS) it shows all four flying, I wonder why they would take that out.

Posted by Speedfreak

All the characters can fly in multiplayer.

Posted by goku262003

true but all were going to fly in the orginal!

Posted by Bebop

Quoting goku262003: true but all were going to fly in the orginal!

On the N64 version? There was only one character.

You may be referring to the E3 demo. That was the multiplayer at work. All characters can fly in the multiplayer.

Posted by goku262003

Quoting Bebop: On the N64 version? There was only one character.

You may be referring to the E3 demo. That was the multiplayer at work. All characters can fly in the multiplayer.

yes i was referring to that!

Posted by Speedfreak

And the E3 demo was a multiplayer demo, they changed nothing.

Posted by SpongeBob

I find it better than the first (although new models are always better). Does it have more options gamewise?

Posted by goku262003

yeah it does but back to the point here...what other E3 DS demos did anyone else like?

Posted by =/g0ri11@\=

I wish the final ds has that black thing in the middle. I always liked that thing.

Posted by Osic

I still shudder seeing the "old" DS being held up at E3, it looked ok but had nothing on the PSP, now the DS looks much better then the PSP. I wonder if that was a major reason for changing it?

It was thw same DS, just in a different box. The demo ones at E3 may of not had all the features as they were just for demos.

Posted by goku262003

so whats your point? i would still like to have a prototype for fun...is it me or do the DSE3 game chips look bigger...or is that just the pic.?

Posted by metroid man

that prototype that looks like SP looks SO SWEET!!!

Posted by dylananisa

The image

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Why would you bump this thread just to show us a picture of a man that everyone's seen many times over?