Should I buy new or used?

Posted by Sean Fury

When I get my paycheck I'll have plenty of money, plus I'm selling my old PS2 because it's ****. So should I buy a new or a used one?

Posted by Sapphire Rose

I always go used, it's cheaper and most game stores will only take them in near perfect condition. But in the end, it's all up to you my good sir.

And Bridget is outsandingly cute. Be sure to hug him for me. ^_-_^

Posted by Legend Saber

I bought mine new; but that was because it was right after the smaller version came out and if I wanted to buy used I'd have to get the big ugly version.

If I were you, I'd just buy new, that way you're guaranteed the Playstation is going to work for a good while. Buying used is kind of a potluck thing.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Yeah, when it comes to systems, I've always gotten them brand new. It makes more sense, and you generally will have better luck.

Posted by Pit

When it comes to a Sony product, get it new. Their **** either way, but take your chance on a new one. It makes more sense.

Posted by Sean Fury

Alright, thanks guys, I'll just get a new one. It costs more, but hey, saves me time in the long run, right?

But thus arises another question, should I get the slimmer and sleeker PStwo or the big-old PS2?

Posted by Arczu

Depends on what you want to do.

The New Slimmer PS2 has online play built in, ans it doesn't make 3/4 of the noise a bigger ones does. It flips up to insert the disk, rather than slide out, and it's generally more better-looking in some places. It lacks support for a hardrive, however...

The bigger one needed a $50 adaptor to go online and... well you hope you get a good recent model number. You may be better off going sleek (but you might not be able to play Final Fantasy XI or apply things like HDloader for example)

Posted by Sean Fury

I don't intend to play FFXI, so maybe I will get the new PStwo. =)

Posted by Arczu

Then you go ahead. : )

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: When it comes to a Sony product, get it new. Their **** either way, but take your chance on a new one. It makes more sense.

Took the wrods right out of my mouth.

Posted by vgmaster13

if you buy used games from eb games they have more and you can get insurance on them for a year and they are in good condition, insurance is if you break it or smash it or scratch it you get another copy

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoting vgmaster13: if you buy used games from eb games they have more and you can get insurance on them for a year and they are in good condition, insurance is if you break it or smash it or scratch it you get another copy

Which is a waste of money, as is most insurance "deals" from gamestores.

Posted by solarphoenix990

If the game is not damaged much i would buy it used but if it is damaged a lot i would buy a brand new game

Posted by Boner

I'd go with new. Most places have a good service plan you can get with a new one. Best Buy, for example, is where I got mine. I was still within my 2 year replacement plan when I traded it in. But, all they had in stock was the new slim ones. So, I got that and a 2 year plan on it as well. Unless you want to make use of the hard drive, I'd go with new. Besides, it already has the modem and IR sensor for the remote built in.