I can't help but notice

Posted by Ant

When you click the "Who's Online" link. You can see where everyone is doing on the site (duh) But, it also says who your service provider is and ip adress. I thought we got this fixed?

Posted by psp

Quoting Cold Fire: When you click the "Who's Online" link. You can see where everyone is doing on the site (duh) But, it also says who your service provider is and ip adress. I thought we got this fixed?

Do you mean "what" instead of where?

Posted by Ant

What*

Posted by Klarth

Wow, accidentally saying one word instead of another completely changes the meaning of the sentence huh.

Doesn't bother me. A "hacker" can get someone's IP address much more easily, and even then there's a load of complicated **** they need to go through afterwards.

Posted by Wicked Sushi

I don't see where it says the IP or the ISP. :S

Posted by Corrupt

That's because you're a mod now, Ant. ;) All mods and super mods can view the IP address and ISP of each person. Regular members can't.

Posted by Ant

Oh. Stupid me. Sorry. Guess this should be locked then :/

Posted by Corrupt

Nah, it doesn't have to be. Unless Iris thinks otherwise.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Cold Fire: I thought we got this fixed?

Um, it was never broken. Name one member who's been hacked because of there IP address showing up here.

Right, you can't.

Posted by Ant

****, Jesse owned me!

Well, in any case,I know that no one got hacked. But it used to show the IP adress. That's what I was saying.

Posted by Iris

This can stay open, just in case anyone is angered by their IP address being shown. :X

Posted by Dark

Quoting Jesse Smith: Um, it was never broken. Name one member who's been hacked because of there IP address showing up here.

Right, you can't.

Jesse made a regular post!!

Posted by speedemon35

Quoting Iris: This can stay open, just in case anyone is angered by their IP address being shown. :X

Isn't it like obligatory for staff to view such things anyway? For forum security reasons and all...

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Dark: Jesse made a regular post!!

Bah! Enjoy it, it's rare!!!

Posted by Iris

Quoting speedemon35: Isn't it like obligatory for staff to view such things anyway? For forum security reasons and all...

Well, yes, in the board they moderate. Some people may consider it a violation of privacy when all mods can view it, even if the member has done nothing wrong.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Look at the very bottom of da page. Do you see a 'Privacy Policy' link??!!! Nope!! Heck, I might be selling all your E-Mail addresses to spam companies!!!! :D:D

Lawyer Disclaimer: I've never sold or given out a single E-Mail address.

Posted by Trigger

I'm not really opposed to having my IP displayed, but it should only happen in the appropriate places. If I never visit any of the gaming boards, why should a gaming moderator know my IP address? They wouldn't even need to know it. I've not seen what everyone is able to see, so I can't exactly say how uncomfortable I'd feel about details being shown, but my ISP and IP number should be in the hands of people who'll be dealing with IP banning me, not just anyone that carries the "lol modoorraytor" title.

[quote=Majesty]A "hacker" can get someone's IP address much more easily...
While that may be true, do you think a hacker would necessarily go through the trouble of trying to scan your computer for your IP when it's sitting right in front of them on a forum? I'm not saying that any of the moderators are hackers or have the intentions to do malicious things to others, but seeing as this forum doesn't exactly have a track record of being safe with its content and members have been known to exploit this forum intentionally...

Posted by Boner

Personally, I am not bothered by this. But, I could see how some people would be.