Is the world ready for Virtual Reality?

Posted by speedemon35

I see this as an interesting topic to discuss. Fate stated that she doesn't think the world is ready for it. I honestly think we are. Or at least most of us are. What do you think?

Posted by coromoro

Assuming we're talking about video games here, I think we're not ready yet. I enjoy games as they are right now. :cool:

Maybe in a few years. :)

Posted by Hyper

It'd get so much crap from the media and idiot gamers that it'd be a massive failure. I can't see it working out any time soon.

BTW, Fate's a young woman, not a he. :)

Posted by speedemon35

Yes this is all about video games
thank you for that Hyper. Sorry about that

Posted by Corrupt

If it's about games, then chances are it belongs in general gaming chat ;) Don't worry, I moved it there for you.

Posted by nich

No I don't think the world is ready for virtual reality. When effed up kids on major drugs can't tell the difference between real and not real the result is more school shootings.

Posted by Fate

^ Okay, no. Moron.

Topic: I don't think current technological capabilities would allow virtual reality to be successful.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

Indeed, Fate. Even getting graphics and controls right for virtual reality isn't a problem so much as speeding up the reaction time enough that it doesn't brain your damage after an hour or so of play. The world is ready, the tech is not.

Posted by Sean Fury

Virtual Reality will come out when it's ready to. For now, I'd like to stick to my normal games for awhile...and continue to die at them, instead of being beaten myself. ><

Posted by Axis

Frankly, I don't like the idea of virtual reality at all.

Posted by nich

Are you kidding me? Every act of teen violence would be blamed on video games. Who knows maybe some violence is because of video games, not everyone is smart enough to think before they act.

Posted by Fate

This just in: Video games are already responsible for teen violence. Ever read the news?

Posted by Chronic

I dont care if it comes out or not I think the video games now adays are fun enough.

Posted by Speedfreak

Of course the world is ready for Virtual Reality. What the hell do you think videogames are?

Posted by Fate

Not that kind of virtual reality, dummy.

Posted by Speedfreak

Dude, no one specified. There's like a million ways to do virtual reality. If you're talking about stupid helmets, then no, it's not ready. The world doesn't tend to be ready for complete crap.

Posted by Fate

That's what we've been talking about. :p

Maybe the technology isn't ready, or it wouldn't be such crap.

Posted by The Dark Harmonixer

Heh,anything that is Human is NOT ready for VR,forget it..

Posted by LagunasSweetling

I don't think that the more psychotic people are ready for virtual reality. But I think it would be really cool to be put IN the game... Like on .HACK//Sign. Of course, then again, alot of people would probably lose their souls to it, and become hopeless bums and addicts.

Posted by He_who_watches

like me, i would be on as long as i could, just so i could take my frustrations out on the poor creatures that get in my way. I am beyond ready for it, cause i need a certain herb just to stay sane now. I need something else to take out my anger on, and halo just doenst cut it anymore.

Posted by Random

I don't believe we are. Not only would it be expensive but I see gaming progressing. We don't want a huge jump all at once.

Posted by blue123

It depends on how you define virtual reality. Is virtual reality fooling your entire body or maybe it is just a helmet to fool your eyes and ears. I think we will eventually get to a point where we will have 100% replication of reality but it will take a long time to get there and there will be a lot of stops along the way.