Dream Theater or Symphony X?

Posted by Shin_Akuma

Which band do you like more and which is more talented? I personally like Dream Theater more because imo they are better song writers and can put more feeling into their music. However as most talented I would have to say Symphony X, Michael Romeo is one of the greatest guitarists on earth, if him and Petrucci went into a solo contest I think Michael Romeo would be able to win.

Posted by MetalVox~55

Oh christ.

If I were asked this, I couldn't anwser. They're both quite awesome, but lead goes to Romeo, Rhythm goes to Petrucci, overall is a tie :(

Voted Opeth :D

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: Voted Opeth

Seconded :D

Uh, Symphony X I guess. I've heard very little by Dream Theater, nor do I care to. Though at this point in time, my interest in Symphony X is minimal.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

symphony x is more talented and I like them both equally

Posted by sabre

DT on both talent and how much I like them.

Like that response surprised anyone, coming from me.

Posted by Hyper

I've only heard 1 Symphony X song as apposed to a very large amount of songs Dream Theater has put out, so I have to go with Dream Theater on both. After I get back from Gigantour I'll say which guitarist I like more.

Posted by Klarth

I don't like symph x anyway.

Posted by William

I don't think I've heard any Symphony X yet, or maybe I have and cannot remember.

I'm going with Dream Theater for now though, until I go and listen to some Symphony X at least.

Posted by Richaod

Dream Theater are just more innovative; I've heard V and The Odyssey by Symphony X (getting The Divine Wings Of Tragedy), and while both are good, they feel like records that other bands could've done in the past and the band lacks a unique approach to doing progressive metal.

Rediscovery, Pt. 2: The New Mythology is a fantastic song though.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

I'm going with Symphony X. Probably because I heard them first and, well, they're my favorite band. Of course, I've only heard one Dream Theater song.

Posted by Megatron

Dream Theater.

Posted by Disturbed_one

I like dream theater alot more mostly because of the covers they do that are normally from some of the best and older artists

Posted by Shade

Dream Theater. I've heard one Symphony X song, and I didn't care for it. So DT for now.

Also, Dream Theater made Blind Faith. Come on.

Posted by Porcupine

Symphony X. What little I've heard's been incredible. And I'm not stuck with Symphony X/a side project of blasted at me 24/7. :D

Posted by Klarth

*** I hate you James.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Definitely Symphony X. I'm not overly fond of Dream Theatre, although I like them well enough, I suppose. The first time I heard Symphony X (The Odyssey), I instantly fell in love with them. I generally like bands that use more orchestral sounds anyhow.

Posted by Gollum

Symphony X is great, but I like DT's music more.

The Odyssey is great, though.

THAT WAS THE JOKE, MAJESTY

Posted by Coma_White

While what I have heard of Symphony X is very good, I

Posted by Pit

Eminem.

Posted by MetalVox~55

My vote still stands at Opeth :)

Posted by Raptor

It's Dream THEATER, no matter whether you take tea and crumpets, g[i]od flipping da[i]mn some of you.

And they are far superior to Symphony X, I might add. Symphony X does next to nothing for me, while Dream Theater made a severe imprint on my life.

Posted by TheSecondComing

Quoting Raptor: It's Dream THEATER, no matter whether you take tea and crumpets, g[i]od flipping da[i]mn some of you.

Mangez la merde et mourez, monsieur.

Posted by MetalVox~55

Away with you and your foreign tongue, sir!

Posted by Klarth

[quote=Raptor]no matter whether you take tea and crumpets

I never thought of crumpets as being particularly british, really.

Nice to see raptor not insisting that everyone who's listening to them right now is doing so because it's the "in" thing. I really don't think someone would listen to a band just to be accepted...

Posted by Shade

Anyone who does is a pathetic excuse for a human being. Or extraterestrial form, for that matter.

Posted by Raptor

Quoting Majesty: I never thought of crumpets as being particularly british, really.

Neither have I.

[quote]I really don't think someone would listen to a band just to be accepted...

Possibly one of the most ignorant statements I have read all week, as common sense would indicate that many people do this. Though, as usual, you can go on thinking whatever you please.

Posted by Klarth

Perhaps I should restate that, then.

I really don't think any VGCer would listen to a band just to be accepted. There.

Posted by Shade

You do realise that there are over 4,500 members, right?

Posted by Shin_Akuma

And maybe a hundred or so are actually active members.

Posted by Richaod

Quoting Majesty: I really don't think any INTELLIGENT VGCer would listen to a band just to be accepted. There.

All better.