What is the best PSP game

Posted by Vampire Slayer

When I first got my PSP I bought Metal Gear A!cd. Turns out this game was really boring. When I went and traded it in I got Ape Escape. This game was fun. But the controls and camrea issues made it really hard to play. So I sold that and bought Untold Legends. I'm starting to get bored of this game. And since I have some money I was thinking..Which game should I buy next. I'm not really into sports or racing games. And I beat my friends copy of T.H.U.G 2 remix. So can some one give me some good games on the PSP to buy? I dont mind having to wait for one either.

Posted by EliteVideoGames

Midnight Club 3

Posted by El Capitan

I think Wipeout Pure is really fun. But I wouldn't say there is a best game for the PSP since it is a pure opinon

Posted by Netslums

I think Coded Arms will be really good, after all it will be the first FPS.

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

Actually, I would say Coded Arms. I'm not that far in it yet, but it is extremely fun. I would equivilate it to Doom 3 on PSP in some aspects. If you are really computer litterate, you will have a wonderful time in the game, even more so if you have any hacking experiance, because it is very logical.

Other than that, for games you can get in the US now, I would reccommend WipeOut Pure for it's many uses. The game is very fun, and you can browse the net with it as well as use it to boot games off of the Memory Stick. It's simply a must-have.

*EDIT: I forgot to say, the controls are very hard to get used to at first for Coded Arms. I'm still having trouble with it.

Posted by psp

Lumines, a very fun and addicting game. It also has a high replay value.

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

I heard Coded Arms is really good

Posted by africanpitbull

need for speed underground 2 is cool, except for the lack of customation compared to the ps2 version, i also like nba and nfl street except nba street is too short and nfl street is too long

Posted by Fantum

I think it's way too early to pick "the best game". I mean, the PSP hasn't even been out for a year here in North America. From my games, I would say I've enjoyed Ridge Racer the most. Currently I'm playing Coded Arms and love it. Sure some things takes getting used to, but once you have it down, you're good.

Lumines is another game that is up there. The replay value is simply amazing.

Posted by El Capitan

Yeah, I got Ridge Racer and I find it more addicting then Wipeout Pure. I wish Ridge Racer had online expansions as well.

Posted by CRONOfrog9

Quoting Fantum: I think it's way too early to pick "the best game". I mean, the PSP hasn't even been out for a year here in North America. From my games, I would say I've enjoyed Ridge Racer the most. Currently I'm playing Coded Arms and love it. Sure some things takes getting used to, but once you have it down, you're good.

Lumines is another game that is up there. The replay value is simply amazing.

I agree that it is too early to say but so far the best games out are midnight club 3, lumines, coded arms, and thug 2 remix. Untold legends is way too short and it feels more of a dungeon crawler than an RPG.(There not the same thing)

Quoting CRONOfrog9: I agree that it is too early to say but so far the best games out are midnight club 3, lumines, coded arms, and thug 2 remix. Untold legends is way too short and it feels more of a dungeon crawler than an RPG.(There not the same thing)

Alright, let's show some reason why you are wrong:

Coded Arms has terrible controls, flat out. It is also extremely linear, and does not have a lot fo replayablity

THUG2:Remix also has no replayablity, even less so then if you have the PS2 version.

Untold Legends is simply no fun single player. The game is flat out a rip off of Gauntlet.

Posted by Obliviator

i really enjoy playing twisted metal:head on

Posted by CRONOfrog9

Quoting Velvet Nightmare: Alright, let's show some reason why you are wrong:

Coded Arms has terrible controls, flat out. It is also extremely linear, and does not have a lot fo replayablity

THUG2:Remix also has no replayablity, even less so then if you have the PS2 version.

Untold Legends is simply no fun single player. The game is flat out a rip off of Gauntlet.

I said i disliked untold legends, and i was control issues for coded arms, after all the psp only has 1 analog stick. And i like the online in THUG 2 remix, its not that great of a game, but its one of the best out there (so far).

There is no Online in THUG2

Posted by Pit

Quoting Velvet Nightmare: There is no Online in THUG2

Win.

/lock thread

Note: It's an expression. I'm not really going to lock this thread.

Quoting Pit: Win.

/lock thread

Note: It's an expression. I'm not really going to lock this thread.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Pit again.

Posted by midnight23

i think midnight club 3

Posted by Scorpion

[quote=Velvet Nightmare]Actually, I would say Coded Arms. I'm not that far in it yet, but it is extremely fun. I would equivilate it to Doom 3 on PSP in some aspects. If you are really computer litterate, you will have a wonderful time in the game, even more so if you have any hacking experiance, because it is very logical.

Quoting Velvet Nightmare: Coded Arms has terrible controls, flat out. It is also extremely linear, and does not have a lot fo replayablity

I'm very confused now...

I don't know what I would think the most fun game is because there aren't enough games out to judge yet.

Quoting Scorpion: I'm very confused now...

I don't know what I would think the most fun game is because there aren't enough games out to judge yet.

It's good, but it's linear and boring.

I change my mind, Bleach: Heat The Soul was just as good if not better.

Posted by project101

I just got Death Jr. It's pretty good. My thumbs start to hurt after a little while though, and the camera has some problems too.

Posted by dylananisa

ape escape is addicting also... I cant get my hands off my psp now why sony why!!!!!

Posted by Boner

Quoting Velvet Nightmare: Untold Legends is simply no fun single player. The game is flat out a rip off of Gauntlet.

I concur....on some level. Have you ever played Neverwinter Nights on PC? It's virtually the same sort of set up. Mostly with the inventory, though.

As far as fun games for the PSP, I am still on that quest myself. The ***father looks like it will be good. I just wish some of these games that were in development were out already. I heard rumor that Atlus was going to make Persona for the PSP. If they do this, and it gets released in the US/Canada, that will be a game worth checking out. Trust me on that. For the most part, Vampy, you and I are in the same situation. I, as well, am not big on sports or racing. However, Wipeout Pure has proven worthy of my attention every now and then.

Posted by Darkbackward

Hot shots golf got rave reviews, twisted metal also got good reviews.

To tell you the truth I wouldn't spend money on remakes or remixes unless it was something like namco battle collection which appears to be worth the money.

Quoting Darkbackward: Hot shots golf got rave reviews, twisted metal also got good reviews.

To tell you the truth I wouldn't spend money on remakes or remixes unless it was something like namco battle collection which appears to be worth the money.

Don't talk unless you have actually played the game. Reviews by anyone other than us are worthless here.

Hot Shots: Linear, good rental ONLY.
Black: Good, but only for the multiplayer in short bursts.

Posted by Xqars

I'm thinking of maybe buying a PSP. The games looked sucky when the system launched but I'm wondering if there are good ones now? I like adventure games the most. Are there any 9.0 adventure games? If not, then what do you think is the best or ones coming out later that look good?

Posted by Darkbackward

Quoting Velvet Nightmare: Don't talk unless you have actually played the game. Reviews by anyone other than us are worthless here.

Hot Shots: Linear, good rental ONLY.
Black: Good, but only for the multiplayer in short bursts.

Hmm, right, don't talk unless I've played? Well I have played midnight club 3, and it was just a port, nothing interesting there. Thug 2 remix was tony hawk being tony hawk, he's like 40 now right?

I wouldn't say "reviews by anyone other than us are worthless here." And then you proceed to tell us why Hot Shots Golf is ONLY a rental, and then you blast your ignorance in full force when you say "black" when in fact twisted metal: black was a ps2 game, and twisted metal: HEAD ON was the psp game. Which leads me to think that you haven't played twisted metal in the first place.

Also, these game reviewers may mean nothing, but they might mean something when they give bleach: heat the soul and coded arms crap reviews. Bleach from an import source and coded arms from a handheld portal site. Yet you keep telling me that these people aren't the voice of the forums, that the people (or more specifically, you, and you alone) are the voice of the forums.

Well the people of the forums, A. Use gamespy, B. Purchase game magazines, C. Rely on game information from supposedly partisan sources. And you still tell me that those opinions hold no clout whatsoever over here?

More importantly my duty was to inform people on facts "Fact: Thug 2 Remix and Midnight Club Dub aren't original games." "Fact: Twisted Metal and Hot Shots have a good score count on gamerankings, a compendium of game review sources, with scores higher than untold legends and coded arms." That was just a fact.

I'm just stating MY view on the whole situation, please don't be a jerk and expect me to acknowledge your opinion as the right one because you aren't biased (which is bull****, all are biased). If you don't want to look at the facts presented in front of you, fine, but don't expect me to NOT explain them when the question is asked.

Posted by Xqars

Quoting Darkbackward: I'm just stating MY view on the whole situation, please don't be a jerk and expect me to acknowledge your opinion as the right one because you aren't biased (which is bull****, all are biased).

Dude, just drop it. It's not a big deal.

Posted by Vampire Slayer

Quoting Xqars: I'm thinking of maybe buying a PSP. The games looked sucky when the system launched but I'm wondering if there are good ones now? I like adventure games the most. Are there any 9.0 adventure games? If not, then what do you think is the best or ones coming out later that look good?

Your right. The games where sucky but now there are some good ones out there. Most of the best PSP games, if you listen to reveiwers, are sports ones. But I've found Death Jr. to be good. Its not great by any means but its still worth picking up. Also you may want to wait a litte while before buying the PSP, because they are releasing a Daxter game later on this year.