I've got Questions, You've got Answers (Smackdown vs Raw)

Posted by Random

Hmmm so lately i've been going into my Local EB Games. Trying out some Games and thinking about what to buy. I get paid monday and it's a decent pay. I know already i'm buying an Xbox and a GC. Thinking about buying a PS2 aswell. (keep in mind i've had all 3 systems previously). I've played Destroy All Humans. Fun Game.. But what i've really wondered was if Smackdown vs Raw was any good. I'm into Wrestling Games. I used to play the Raw series for Xbox.. Fun but it got old QUICK, and I of course played the Wrestlemania Series for the Cube and the Smackdown Series for the PS/PS2. I'm just curious what anyone thought of this game? Is it really awesome? Would it be worth picking up for the price?

Posted by Jak Pattinson

the game is ok. season mode is shorter than the other restling games, but i would wait for smackdwon vs raw 2 to come out. the first one is kind of dull. some of the characters like stone cold and the rock aren't playable, but u can unlock the rock in the legendary character selection for friendly matches. the wrestlers actual voices are used in the game instead of text, which is cool. its a good game for multiplayer. kicking your pals' butts would be fun for a while. nice game buddy

Posted by Random

Thanks i'm just trying to find a Great game to purchase for it. I've played most.. Of course FFXII will be out in August. But I may get SD vs Raw.

Posted by boomstick

Quoting SomebodyRandom: Hmmm so lately i've been going into my Local EB Games. Trying out some Games and thinking about what to buy. I get paid monday and it's a decent pay. I know already i'm buying an Xbox and a GC. Thinking about buying a PS2 aswell. (keep in mind i've had all 3 systems previously). I've played Destroy All Humans. Fun Game.. But what i've really wondered was if Smackdown vs Raw was any good. I'm into Wrestling Games. I used to play the Raw series for Xbox.. Fun but it got old QUICK, and I of course played the Wrestlemania Series for the Cube and the Smackdown Series for the PS/PS2. I'm just curious what anyone thought of this game? Is it really awesome? Would it be worth picking up for the price?

How much do you get paid, if you're planning on buying a Xbox and a GCN, I'm guessing you're planning on buying a game for each, as well, sure you're gonna have enough to pay for a PS2 and another game, as well and pay all your other expenses you may have?

Anywho, Smackdown! Vs Raw is pretty good, if you like the Smackdown! series or WWE style wrestling in general, you'll find alot to like, but I'd recommend you get Here Comes The Pain, it's better and cheaper.

Posted by Random

Paychecks gonna be about 600 dollars. I've already got my bills paid for June. This is for Fun ^_^

$600
$150
$100
$150
-___
$200 on Games.. Plus I have accessories and what not for all three consoles from Before. I never sold everything off. Just consoles, games and Controllers.

Posted by Vampire Slayer

Ok you have two hunder dollars. Unless you are buying preplayed systems. You will only have enough money for an Xbox and 1 game. And even then you will be alittle short do to taxes and everything. I dont see how you could buy an XBOX and Gamecube for $200 plus games. So are you buying them preplayed or something? Or have the price gone done recently? But to answer your question yes Smackdown vs Raw is worth buying but it may get old quick too. If your looking for a fun game for the PS2 try *** of War.

Posted by Revolver Ocelot

ok btw i'm SBR (SomebodyRandom).. I changed my Name. And Vampire Slayer.. De Rep me or not you are extremley Dumb. Did you not see my Math Calculations. The Xbox was included in that. I have enough money for 4 50 dollar games. Or 1 game for each and controllers. I already have some accessories.

Notice the 2 150's, and the 1 100. Those are the Xbox and Ps2 then the Gamecube.

Sorry Vampire Slayer =( I'm just cranky. Gotta go to work shortly.

Posted by boomstick

Get Here Comes Pain first, you can get it now for $19.99 and it's far better than that Smackdown! Vs Raw, it's season mode is much better and it has a much larger rooster of Raw and Smackdown! superstars.

On another note, I'd suggest getting God Of War for PS2, it's a must.

Posted by William

I'm not too sure about Here Comes the Pain. I liked Shut Your Mouth better than both Here Comes the Pain and Smackdown vs Raw though.

But although the season mode in SvR isn't all that great, the challenges more than make up for it...although those don't take too long to complete. SYM has a better replay value to me though.

Posted by Big Boss

Quoting boomstick: Get Here Comes Pain first, you can get it now for $19.99 and it's far better than that Smackdown! Vs Raw, it's season mode is much better and it has a much larger rooster of Raw and Smackdown! superstars.

On another note, I'd suggest getting God Of War for PS2, it's a must.

That's pretty much what I was going to say. The only bad thing about Here Comes The Pain is that the roster is not as updated as SmackDown! vs Raw. Plus, if you're a fan of the Hitman, you get to play as Bret Hart in SvR. But that's about it.

Yeah I heard HCTP Was an awesome Game. I never got to play it. I was so bummed by Smackdown 3 that I didn't even play the 4th or 5th. I mostly await to play MGS 3 Snake Eater. I'm a huge Metal Gear Fan obviously.. I've played some of 3 but I sold my PS2 off before I got the chance to really play it. Sorta sucks :-\ I sold off all my consoles. But like I said hopefully monday ima go buying. MGS 3 is 20 bucks now..

I'll probably buy
SD HCTP (PS2) $20
MGS 3 (PS2) $20
Rainbow Six:3 (Xbox) (on sale where I work $10 this week) $10
NCAA 2005 (Xbox) $20
Legend of zelda OOT Masterquest (Cube)$25
Star Wars Battlefront (Xbox)$50

So I still have $55 to spend on Games.. Gotta help me pick out stuff :-P Game Crazy haha.

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Revolver Ocelot: I'll probably buy
SD HCTP (PS2) $20
MGS 3 (PS2) $20
Rainbow Six:3 (Xbox) (on sale where I work $10 this week) $10
NCAA 2005 (Xbox) $20
Legend of zelda OOT Masterquest (Cube)$25
Star Wars Battlefront (Xbox)$50

So I still have $55 to spend on Games.. Gotta help me pick out stuff :-P Game Crazy haha.

Surely you can find Battlefront cheaper than 50 by now, it's been out a good year now, I think.

Don't forget God Of War.

Actually it's still $49.99... Used it's $44.99... Trust me it's quite expensive but it's a really fun game :-P I may buy SD vs Raw aswell.

Posted by boomstick

Seriously, if Battlefront is still $50 right now, I'd just wait out the 2nd one or wait out a Best Seller $19.99 price for it, it's surely soon with the sequel on it's way this year.

If you get Here Comes The Pain, I honestly wouldn't worry about getting Smackdown! Vs. Raw right now, you should get more than enough of your wrestling needs from HCTP, but if you must get two, then I suggest getting Shut Your Mouth, another $19.99 priced game, you can get two Smackdown! games for less then the price of Smackdown! Vs. Raw.

You should definately make room for God Of War on your list, espically if you like hack-n-slash action-type games, you'll be blown away.

Nice.. Well my paycheck came in last night (Thursday). So I have the money now. I'll probably be cheap and only buy an Xbox and PS2 for now. I'll purchase the Cube later. I'm not in too much of a hurry. Zelda won't be out for a while. But for the Xbox and PS2 i'll probably pick up a game or two each. I Have a decent PS1 Selection so that'll help too.