Most overrated game/game series on the PS2

Posted by Vampire Slayer

I think the most overrated game series on the PS2 has to be the Grand Theft Auto series. Sure the games are fun for a few hours. But after a while blowing up the same 4 or 5 characters gets really boring. Sure theres the story mode missions. But after 5 or 6 missions. You have basically done all the missions. And then for the next 40 hours or so your just repeating. And yes before you all get mad, I have owned and played all the Grand Theft Autos.

Posted by steve9842005

ya i agree. the gta series gets really boring and repitive after you either complete the missions or u just dont do them. its the same thing over an over. shoot, cause chaos, kill, run from cops. repeat.

Posted by veritas

I would have to say the Jak games. The games dont have a good storyline. The weapons don't have enough ammo. And those games get boring fast. I think the first Jak was HORRIBLE. First off the main character cant talk. The sidekick is annoying. And all you do is collect Power Cells. It gets old fast.

Posted by Random

The as of Late Final Fantasy Series. All for the PS2. The PS1 Series was decent but as of Late Final Fantasy has gone down hill. I'm waiting for an up hill climb. Not saying the games aren't long, but the storyline and gameplay are horrid...

Posted by Shakyl

well not all the time alot but not as much as i uesed to

Posted by Black_Wolf

Grand Theft Auto is not overrated. A game that allows that much freedom roxors. I do agree w/ the PS2 Final Fantasy Series being overrated, but I think that it mostly comes from how good the PSone games were, b/c if FFX & X2 were the only FF Games, they wouldn't be hyped up at all. I'd say that SOCOM is overrated. I can't stand the shooting, just bothers the heck out of me and there isn't much to do. I really like the first game, it was something new, but the 2nd one didn't add anything interesting.

Also, Champions of Norrath and its sequel recieved alot of hype, but I thought that the Baulder's Gate action RPGs were far better. Sony just cashed in on the work that Black Isle did on their series and pushed its advertisment to make it seem like it was so good. Really, not many people heard about the BA games, 1 & 2, and Baulders Gate Dark Alliance 2 was far better than the first Champions of Norrath.

Posted by boomstick

Jax series-For the sole purpose that I really think that it's not as fun as some of the other Sony publisher platformers like Sly Cooper and Rachet & Clank, but, yet, it still put at there level.

Final Fantasy series-IMO, this is easily the most overrated series, ever, the games aren't bad, really, it's just they're put at near ***ly levels of gaming and I don't think they're that good.