Prices for New/Used PS2?

Posted by Sean Fury

I'm going to be getting about 80 dollars this Tuesday, and then I'm going to sell my PS2 at eB and go to some place like Kmart and get a new one. What are the prices for a New or a Used PS2, and how much would I get for selling it?

Posted by Klarth

Perhaps you should check at eBay for prices of a New or Used PS2.

...Wait, what other conditions can you buy a PS2 in? That's like saying a string of fairy lights is for indoor or outdoor use only.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

You can get new ones for $199.99. Some stores over here have bundles, where you get a game (that's worth $30), and a memory card for $229.99, or $239.99. If you're selling it, you can probably sell if for $140 on ebay. Possibly more, but most likely less. These are all Canadian prices, btw.

Posted by Sean Fury

Wow, I feel stupid. I didn't mean eBay everyone, I meant eB...I typed Ebay out of habit...

Posted by Pit

$150 USD

Oh...well, if you sell it to EBgames, you aren't going to get a whole lot for it. They really rip you off.

Posted by Arczu

I know you have already made up your mind, sean, but a decent used could go for $119 in some RARE places. Just incase you change your mind though.

Posted by Sean Fury

Is there anywhere besides the Internet and eB I could sell my PS2 at. And besides yardsales?

Well, you could always put an add in the paper. But that also costs money, so you won't really be gaining anything. Or maybe put up a flyer? Or even ask your friends. Perhaps they'd like to buy it.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: Oh...well, if you sell it to EBgames, you aren't going to get a whole lot for it. They really rip you off.

It's true. Though most businesses will do that, especially if they don't really need it.

However, you can trade it in. That's a pretty good deal.

Quoted post: Is there anywhere besides the Internet and eB I could sell my PS2 at. And besides yardsales?

The internet is definitely your best choice. Otherwise, sell it to a business who buys it at value (crappy conidtion, crappy price) fixes it up, and sells it as a refurb. Those places can be hard ot find, but you get a good price, assuming it's still in good condition.

I find that smaller businesses will usally give you more money. For example, there's a place called NEX near where I live. They buy used games, CDs, and consoles at a great price. If you can find somewhere like that, you've got it made.

Posted by Sean Fury

Quoting Vampiro: It's true. Though most businesses will do that, especially if they don't really need it.

However, you can trade it in. That's a pretty good deal.

The internet is definitely your best choice. Otherwise, sell it to a business who buys it at value (crappy conidtion, crappy price) fixes it up, and sells it as a refurb. Those places can be hard ot find, but you get a good price, assuming it's still in good condition.

I find that smaller businesses will usally give you more money. For example, there's a place called NEX near where I live. They buy used games, CDs, and consoles at a great price. If you can find somewhere like that, you've got it made.

I've never seen any small business places like that around here (And I've been everywhere around where I live.) But didn't eB have some kind of trade-in your PS2 for the PStwo and get blah-blah-blah amount taken off and free ****ty games, or something?

And Angelwing, my friends know how ****ty my PS2 is =(

Quoted post: But didn't eB have some kind of trade-in your PS2 for the PStwo and get blah-blah-blah amount taken off and free ****ty games, or something?

Yeah. I believe it's a PS2 and three games. However, the PS2 has to be in good condition, and the games can't be sports games, or games that are obsolete a year later.

Posted by Sean Fury

My eB doesn't even check to see if the games work...

Quoted post: My eB doesn't even check to see if the games work...

Most don't. They just check the back of the disc and whether it's a sports game.

Posted by Sean Fury

Mine doesn't even do that! I hand them the case, they scan it and throw it in a box ><

EDIT: Oh yeah, for the PS2, they plug it in to see if it turns on. That's it ><