What was the last RPG that you finished and what are your thoughts overall?

Posted by Xenos

I recently finish a fine RPG named, "Tales of Phantasia." :)

It's a really nice game, I'd recomend it to everyone. It had a real innovative battle system, though it can get repetitive. I'd say the only flaw in this game is the soundtrack and the sprites/charsets. The storyline is fairly simple, but it's fun enough to watch, though I would like to see more developement between the characters. I'm not too sure how it is like verses the other versions (i.e. PSI and GBA) but yeah.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

I finished Disgaea: Hour Of Darkness a little while ago. I now consider it one of my favourite games, to date. The storyline is intriguing, and the characters are absolutely hilarious, as well as lovable. The battle system has become one of my favourites - the tactical system. It's fast, efficient, and fun. I pretty much have only good things to say about this title. I definitely recommend it.

Posted by Vampire Slayer

I finished Suikoden not to long ago. Over all it was a fun game. For anyone that can find the game I recommened playing it. The whole unite attacks was really fun to mess around with. Althought collecting all 108 characters was quit hard to do. But it was all worth it.

Posted by Acheron

I just finished Dragon Warrior I. Oh dear lord that game is so much better than Final Fantasy.

Posted by Jak Pattinson

teh last rpg game i completed was dynasty warriors 4. that is a amazing game to play. killing people with ancient weapons was more fun than i thought it would be. i am champion at multi-player games too. i'm playing disgae right now, but i keep dying. its very diffcult.

Posted by Legend Saber

Last RPG I completed was "Star Ocean: Till the End of Time." I thought the gameplay was alright, though I found myself falling into patterns (for example, almost every battle in the second disc consisted of me using Air Raid as much as humanly possible). The music was above average, and for some odd reason, reminded me of Golden Sun (on the GBA), though not much stood out, and there were some pretty retarded tracks (such as a stupid rap being a boss music on disc 2). The story was okay for the first half or so, but then there was this awful plot twist about a quarter through the second disc that ruined the game for me. Replay value is pretty high, though, with 300 Battle Trophies to collect, along with higher difficulty modes, extra dungeons, and hidden characters. Of course, all this replay hinges on whether or not the game is fun to play, and to be quite honest, this game really isn't.

In the end, I enjoyed the first disc greatly, but by the time the second disc rolled around, the battle system was getting old, the music repetive, the story awful, and the game itself took a turn for the worst. I'd give it a 6/10.

Posted by Chronic

KOTOR 2. I think the graphics were better than the first a lot more smoother. And I also liked the fact that your companions follow the same alignment changes you do if you have the right influence. I just thought somthing was missing from the story it just wasnt as good as the first one. It just seemed like KOTOR 1 had a bigger plot twist I think thats why.

Hey I think that was my first inteligent post here so far.

Posted by sonic hedgehog

chrono trigger was the last one I finished it was fun but not customizable enuf

Posted by boomstick

Jade Empire, I believe was the last RPG I finished and I thought it to another great RPG under the belt of one my favorite developers, Bioware.

It combined all the elements that I love in a RPG, open-ended and nonlinear action oriented gameplay along with the good-evil choice system that I absolutely adored from the KOTOR games.

The graphics and music were almost perfectly done, though I would have like to seem a little bit more interaction with the environment and I felt the game was a bit on the easy side, even on Grand Master mode, it wasn't really hard enough to frustrate and boggle the fingers.

Overall, all the good makes up for the bad in the game and I highly recommend it, espically to KOTOR fans.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Earlier this morning I finally got the last ending on Fallout 2.
I'm extremely satisfied. Fallout 1&2 are my 4th and 5th favorite games ever, so I'm pretty pleased with myself as of this moment. Next on my to-do list is (bum bum bum): Knights of the Old Repulic II: The Sith Lords.

Posted by Poco

Final Fantasy IX.

****ing awesome. Nothing else can describe it. It's just ****ing awesome.

Posted by Shanuti Aborina

[FONT=Papyrus][COLOR=DarkRed]Baten Kaitos.

I loved the battle system, the need for you to statagize in a 5 second time limit was rather taxing and Exhilirating. The story reminded me of a book I once read.... Can't remember though -_-. I would reccomend it to anyone.[/COLOR][/FONT]

~S.Aborina~

Posted by El Capitan

The last game I played was Final Fantasy IX. Good story, neat characters, and almost shed a tear at the ending. Baha.

Posted by Vienna

I finished Sailor Moon: Another Story-- that game sucked though. Sailor Saturn owned everyone. T_T

Posted by ph_il2005

i finished lord of the rings: the third age. its okay. it just gets stupidly difficult after a while and doesnt really follow the movies

Posted by El Capitan

Final Fantasy X-2. Good overal, think they could have done something better then relying on mini games to get the 100% completion but its worth it for the perfect ending in my opinon. Music is great as well.

Posted by Tolanya

Final Fantasy II. Old school, yet very awesome.

Posted by Shin-Ra

Sword of Mana. It's really nothing special and doesn't get a recommendation from me. The ending was horrible, but might be more interesting and less hurried and crammed in once I play as the other character (I finished as the guy and I'm going to replay as the girl).

Posted by Shaggy

i just got done with the first Shadow Hearts.
i really like the Attack ring system.
the story was good, and the charters were really cool

Posted by Dark Link

Last RPG I finished...Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
I loved the first FE game, but the 2nd was even better. They still had the "choose who's storyline" thing. I also liked how you can continue playing the game after beating it to unlock the 10 secret characters (mind you I already have) and level up all of them to 20, then evolve, and then 20 again. Since they allow the continuation of the game, I've maxed out my best 10 characters in stats. (Buying the increasements for 4k each with member and silver card)

Overall I just can't wait to get the Gamecube Fire Emblem :D