What is the best Gaming computer?

Posted by wolfmaster

I need a New computer because my computer just deciced to not turn on as of yesterday.(I'm on a school computer right now) So I'm starting this thread to see if anyone out there can give me some advice on what kind of computer I should get.

Posted by Klarth

Prolly an alienware if your parents think you're old enough to get one.

Maybe a powerbook; thinking of saving for one myself.

Posted by Magnum

Falcon Northwest.

[url]www.falcon-nw.com[/url]

Posted by Fiindil

makes mean absolutly **** all, get a good gfx card, processor and mem

Posted by Hyper

What he said. :cool:

I heard bad things about Alienware anyway, so I wouldn't go with them.

Posted by higbvuyb

Get a quad processor motherboard with 4 amds, 4gb of ram, and a professional $10000+ graphics card. If its in your price range.

Posted by Osic

Quoting wolfmaster: I need a New computer because my computer just deciced to not turn on as of yesterday.(I'm on a school computer right now) So I'm starting this thread to see if anyone out there can give me some advice on what kind of computer I should get.

How about you try giving us less information. what? Not possible?

What do you use it for?
gaming/word proccesing/video editing/web browsing/watching movies

What sort of price range?
buget/mid/full out beast

Can ou build it yourself?

How olds your old computer? Can it be upgraded (if on tight budget)

Posted by sniper

How about you pay $50 to get your old one repaired?

Posted by Jezex

Alien Ware, it is DESIGNED for gaming, and That dell thing thats adveritzed on TV any of the 2

Posted by FLiPBoY

I'd just recommend building your computer and buying all that you require. Therefore, you can have your computer to your preference and it'd be a lot cheaper IMO.

Posted by NegativeTrend

Homebuilt is the best IMO. Gather your parts from [url]www.newegg.com[/url] and google how to build a computer. :)

Posted by Osic

Do serious reseach before you buy your computer if building yourself!!!! give yourself a budget, find out how much everything costs and mix and match parts untill u have everything you want for your budget. Decide on Intel or AMD early, everything else then becomes easier to research. Start looking for mobo's in your price range, compare them and find the best one for you. Do you need 4 firewire ports? Do you need inbuilt graphics or a AGP 8x slot, or PCI express? Once you have chossen your mobo start looking for other things. Add CPU and RAM and Video card, they make up the bulk of the price. Add DVD burners/players etc. Chose your HDD size, read some DIY computer building. Choose a case. Now get your system built on paper, double check everything is compadible and somthing expensive isnt going to bottleneck the system (eg dont buy a celeron prossor for gamming). Once you have everything written down buy everything and put it together. Make sure you learn how to format and install your OS. Familerize yourself with the bios as well, somtimes things have to be enabled (eg extra USB ports) or tweaked (CPU overcloking mabie?).

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

Get parts off of newegg like i did.

Otherwise, just go with a nice Dell or Alienware.

Posted by loony636

Does anyone know of a good gaming laptop? Preferably one that is available in Australia. I have a Dell Inspiron 8200 which runs games okay, but its getting a bit old and I was wondering if anyone knew of a better one...

Posted by captain caveman

Quoting higbvuyb: Get a quad processor motherboard with 4 amds, 4gb of ram, and a professional $10000+ graphics card. If its in your price range.

none of that would benefit him for gaming.. Almost no games know how to take advantage of multiple processors and there aren't any games that'll benefit from such a large amount of ram. An sli setup would be better than a profesional cad/opengl card.

Posted by wolfmaster

Well it's four mounths later and I got a new comp it sucks but it will do for now.

I have decided on building my own with parts from newegg. Funny thing is that I can build a $5000 alienware for$1200 pretty funny ain't it?

Thanks for all your help.

Posted by Boner

Quoting Majesty: Prolly an alienware if your parents think you're old enough to get one.

I have to agree with this. They are really nice computers. But, they are quite costly. You should decide what you want in it and how much you/your parents are willing to spend on it. Alienware is a higher end PC with top notch stuff. Currently, I just use a Dell computer that I added a bunch of stuff to myself, and pretty much just built what I wanted from there.

Posted by wolfmaster

Ha my parents!!!! Are you friggen kidding me?....wow your hilarious. I'm 15 and I work at Mcdonallds for 6.05 an hour....The funny part? My parents friggen hate me.I'm paying for the internet,paid for the comp I'm on now and, anything in the house that might fall under the catagory of new...I bought.

Dude this one's coming outta my pocket not theirs.

Posted by Boner

Quoting wolfmaster: Ha my parents!!!! Are you friggen kidding me?....wow your hilarious. I'm 15 and I work at Mcdonallds for 6.05 an hour....The funny part? My parents friggen hate me.I'm paying for the internet,paid for the comp I'm on now and, anything in the house that might fall under the catagory of new...I bought.

Dude this one's coming outta my pocket not theirs.

Ok, then you'd better skip the Alienware for now, lol. Go with a Dell or something. They are affordable and decent for gaming depending on what you get. Just don't get one with a graphics card that is integrated onto the motherboard. Anyway, good luck with all of this. Sounds like you are in a bad situation all the way around.

Posted by wolfmaster

Hells no I'm dead set on building my comp and the parts are gonna be the same ones in alienware's comp....Their comps are pretty cheap if you buy the parts seperatly and build it yourself....($5000=$1200)

Posted by kinco

I'd like to see your specs....I own an Alienware Aurora-based unit and if I priced each individual piece of hardware seperately, I'd only save like $300. And you can't beat their technical support, either. Tech support is essential to the computer-illiterate such as myself. You might want to consider one of the new Dell XPS systems aswell. Or just call a local computer store and have them buy and build it for you. One of my local stores only charges $100 for professional installation. If you're not a hardcore 24/7 gamer, then you don't need a really high-range rig. And $1200? Are you serious? My video cards cost almost that, lol

Posted by thelaststand

i am getting a computer from extreme gear its gonna be sweet and its pretty cheap (free shipping for over 999)
these are my specs:
# *BASE_PRICE: [+769]
# CAS: HOT NEW! Xplorer Mid-Tower Case 420W W/ WINDOW & LCD Temperature Display [-5] (Black Case w/Blue Face)
# CD: NONE [-20]
# CD2: (Special Price) LG GWA-4161 16X DVD

Posted by loony636

Nice computer. But what were all the hashes about...