Does anybody remember the SEGA?

Posted by Xero

Its time for a first thread in this section!

I did not play too much on it, and now I cant find one anymore, but I dont want to either. The system is old now, but if you go to some places like "ID

Posted by ZEN

It depends on which "SEGA" you're referring to.
There's about 8 different SEGA systems from the past.

Posted by Dexter

I have 2 Sega Genesis systems left. I only have about 25% of my games left, though. I left the rest of my games at The Ronald hospital in Seattle for the kids with cancer. At least those bald kids were appreciative.

Posted by bazariah

Quoting Dexter: I have 2 Sega Genesis systems left. I only have about 25% of my games left, though. I left the rest of my games at The Ronald hospital in Seattle for the kids with cancer. At least those bald kids were appreciative.

thats nice of you dex, i can imagine they loved em

i have all my sega systems left and a lot of games too :D

Posted by Bubblez

If you mean the Saturn: Yes, that's a great console! I just have three games but besides Sega Rally that I've never even touched they are great. I have Shinobi and Darius Gaiden and both rock. The graphics are great and it's a shame that it never was a real success.

Besides that I also have the Dreamcast, the Game Gear and a Mega Drive. For the Dreamcast I don't have much games, but GG and MD sure rock.

Posted by inequity

I have 2 sega genesis(es) The old version and some newer version. I have plenty of games im satisfied with/ I have plenty of games im satisfied with. Sega saturn is byfar my most favorite sega system though. I do not own a dreamcast but I want one.

You cant go wrong with sega.

Posted by Xero

Quoting ZEN: It depends on which "SEGA" you're referring to.
There's about 8 different SEGA systems from the past.

I,m reffering to ANY type of SEGA. This is a general SEGA discussion. :devil:

Posted by Scorpion

I have the original Sega Genisis and I still play it from time to time. I loved it sooo much. I had this awsome game that had 8 whole games on it(full versions and came free with the system). My favorite game would have to be Streets of Rage or Golden Axe. I also had a Game Gear but I thought it was just a bit too big, especially with the charge pack.

Posted by Boner

I still have my SEGA Genisis, SEGA CD, and SEGA 32X. All bundled into one tight, little, glitchy system. I never had that many games for it though. A buddy of mine traded it to me for some crappy car speakers I had.

Posted by Slade

I've played alot of SEGA Genesis, mostly 2-player brawlers... and of course, Sonic. Those were the greatest Sonic games by far.
What about Game Gear? As far as I can tell it totally bombed its release, because I only know of one person that owned one, and I borrowed it for a few weeks. The Sonic games on that were awesome too... It was a total battery sucker though, something ridiculous like 8 AA batts for a few hours. Most likely the then "new-fangled" back-lit screen that did the suckage.

Posted by Xero

Cool! Even if the system is old, I see that many people still play it or remember. Dont get me wrong when I say remember, cuz i'm sure many of you forgot about the very first PC. :devil:

Posted by Corrupt

Of course, I'd never forget about my beloved Sega Genesis... I played that thing to death back in the day. So much, in fact, that one day it just gave out... but that's expected anyway. I got a newer model, the "Sega Genesis 3," back in '97 or so. It still works today, but it's a pain to hook it up to my little "master control system" (a.k.a. all the tangled wires and such in my room), so I don't play it too often anymore. But one of these days, methinks I'm going to straighten everything out and play it again. Oh, how I miss Jurassic Park, Vectorman, and all the other games I had for it...

Posted by sly_fox

I still have all my old sega systems and games. The best system ? "the dreamcast"

love the second sig Baz :)

Posted by Map42892

hes probably talking about the master system...

never played it!

Posted by ZEN

I actually owned the Master System before I owned the NES so I was actually able to play it before I got spoiled.

I had about ten games for it. Stuff like Double Dragon, Shinobi, Hang-On, Rastan, Alien Syndrome (impossible to beat!), Safari Hunt, etc.
The light gun games were great (especially Gangster Town). For the most part though, the Master System had a sub-par library of games and were difficult to find in sores around my area.
But I enjoyed what I played of it.

Recently, I got the chance to play 'Wonder Boy III' (greatest 8-bit game EVER!) and experience a little bit of 'Phantasy Star', a couple of the system's A+ titles.

After the SMS era, I went the way of the Genesis. More good times!
I own nearly 30 cartridges and still play it when I get the chance.
M.U.S.H.A. rocks!

Posted by Map42892

Genesis did come out before SNES right? Why did everyone love NES so much???

Posted by Big Boss

I used to own the large Sega Genesis (I don't know if that was the old or new version, though), but I had to give it away a few years back. My mom, in her infinite wisdom, gave away my NES with its 50+ games to our "cleaning lady." To get it back, I had to give away my Genesis and the few games I had. I don't regret it, as the NES simply had better games (and this is to answer your question, Map42892).

A few months ago I got a used, small Genesis from EB for $9.99 with Shadow Dancer: Legend of Shinobi. Sadly, the system doesn't work, so I'm just going to wait and buy a refurbished one online.

I also own a Dreamcast, which doesn't work anymore. The system turns off after an hour or so of play. To me, that's the best Sega system, as it had a great collection of 2D fighters, Sonic Adventure and the Shenmue series. Too bad the controller was uncomfortable as hell.

Lastly, for Genesis nuts I recommend getting this:

Accurate ports of Sonic the Hedgehog, Altered Beast, Golden Axe and three other games make for some nostalgic fun. Volume II is out too, which plays Sonic 2, Ecco The Dolphin and Alex Kidd In The Enchanted Castle among others.

Posted by Darkbackward

Quoting Big Boss]
A few months ago I got a used, small Genesis from EB for $9.99 with Shadow Dancer: Legend of Shinobi. Sadly, the system doesn't work, so I'm just going to wait and buy a refurbished one online.

I also own a Dreamcast, which doesn't work anymore. The system turns off after an hour or so of play. To me, that's the best Sega system, as it had a great collection of 2D fighters, Sonic Adventure and the Shenmue series. Too bad the controller was uncomfortable as hell.

Lastly, for Genesis nuts I recommend getting this:

Accurate ports of Sonic the Hedgehog, Altered Beast, Golden Axe and three other games make for some nostalgic fun. Volume II is out too, which plays Sonic 2, Ecco The Dolphin and Alex Kidd In The Enchanted Castle among others.[/color]

While you are definetly wrong about the snes comparing to the genesis in game quality, I like the picture, and I plan on getting both versions of the toy asap.

The first sega system I had was the master system, I had shinobi and shadow dancer: the secret of shinobi, all 4 alexx kids, and of course, the legendary phantasy star. This was my system because it was cheap and it wasn't as expensive as the genesis or snes. The system was not discontinued in ireland until 94 (which is where I got most of my stuff). This lead me to purcahse more sega systems such as the genesis, sega cd, and sega 32x. I halted purchases the saturn and 3do and playstation and n64 for the snes.

I liked the snes alot, but I definetly though sonic was much more cooler than mario, phantasy star was better than final fantasy, and shinobi 3, was well, brilliant. Of course, thats not taking away the snes, it was a great system, and alot of crazy people prefer it to the genesis, but sega is in my heart first and foremost.

I continued with the playstation, then saturn, then dreamcast, then n64. I would say that the playstation and dreamcast were my two favorites out of that bunch, but the n64 and saturn were still very good, nights and mario 64 were espeically golden to me.

I love all sega, so much, I plan to finish off my sonic and shinobi collections by the end of the year, and I'm happy for it.

Posted by Spinal

I have 2 sega mastersystems with 6 controllers, pistol and around 30 to 40 games, all with box and manual. My fav game is by far wounderboy 3, why didn't they release that grate game for any other system? I actully have 2 of those, 1 spare so i woun't go nuts if the main one brakes one day.

Posted by Big Boss

Quoting Darkbackward: While you are definetly wrong about the snes comparing to the genesis in game quality

I didn't mention the SNES in my post. I mentioned the NES as having better games than the Genesis, though.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Big Boss]

I respect your opinion, yet disagree. Sega was the for the Hardcore, nintendo was good, it was a slower, less intense experience. Don't get me wrong, it was fun, but it was vanilla ice cream. BOOYAH.

Sega moments? When I played Sonic the Hedgehog I dispensed yellow before I left the game.

Posted by ZEN

Quoting Spinal: My fav game is by far wounderboy 3, why didn't they release that grate game for any other system?

It was.
'Wonder Boy III: Dragon's Trap' was released later for the much underplayed TurboGrafX-16, under the title of 'Dragon's Curse'.
As far as I know both versions are identical, although the TG-16 version might be slightly better on audio/visuals.

Posted by terrance

hello

Posted by Xero

Quoting ZEN: It was.
'Wonder Boy III: Dragon's Trap' was released later for the much underplayed TurboGrafX-16, under the title of 'Dragon's Curse'.
As far as I know both versions are identical, although the TG-16 version might be slightly better on audio/visuals.

I've never heard of wonder boy...What is the game about?

Posted by Dreamcast-Jack

I currently have 2 DReamcasts and a Saturn, thinking aboout getting a CDX unless I can find a Genesis/CD combo for cheaper. also looking into the nomad handheld.. SEGA is my fave Console company (or at least was til they went 3rd party) anyhow, I still buy DC games all the time actually the last about 4-5 games I ahve bought where DC games!

Posted by CRONOfrog9

Has anyone here ever played Shining Force for the genesis or am I the only one that ever played it?

Genesis, nomad, gamegear, 3dx, sega cd, saturn, but no dreamcast.

Posted by Veggan

Me I got a genesis, a 3DX, a Sega Handheld, Dreamcast, Saturn, Sega CD combo, and a game genie for all of them not to mention a memory card for Saturn and Sega CD.

Posted by LagunasSweetling

Heck I love Shining Force!!! I have I & II For Genesis.... I love my genesis. I still play the Phantasy Star Series, The Shining Force Series, Beyong Oasis, Ecco Series, Might & Magic Series, The Sonic Series, and The Golden Axe Series... Sorry there are so many "series" in that... There was more than one game for all of those (Except for Beyond Oasis), and they were all awesome!!!

Posted by Azusa

Lol, I loved my genesis. I beat my very first game on it. I remember being so proud of my tiny collection of games; Sonic, Phantasy Star, Primal Rage, Vectorman, and Streets of Rage are all I can remember.
I played it so much that it overheated and never worked again. :(

Posted by CRONOfrog9

Quoting LagunasSweetling: Heck I love Shining Force!!! I have I & II For Genesis.... I love my genesis. I still play the Phantasy Star Series, The Shining Force Series, Beyong Oasis, Ecco Series, Might & Magic Series, The Sonic Series, and The Golden Axe Series... Sorry there are so many "series" in that... There was more than one game for all of those (Except for Beyond Oasis), and they were all awesome!!!

I just hope that shining force neo, the remake for ps2, is just as good as the originals. But the game does have a lot to live up to. I can't wait.

Posted by LagunasSweetling

have you seen the trailer for shining force neo...???? ohhhh.... I WANT TO PLAY!!!

PS do you think that they should remake shining force II, and also, sword of haija, the one for saturn, and three?! I want to play them! (I've got 2 and sword of haija, but i wish they would do a remake...)

Posted by Arcadios

I remember when I was 3 years old there was alays a competion with Sega Genisus and NES but NES always won with Mario but then I got tired of it and switched to my second fav mascot, Sonic.
Sonic 2 was the best outta the 5.
Sonic 1
Sonic 2
Sonic 2
Sonic and Knuckles
Sonic 3 and Knuckles

Posted by GameMiestro

I remember, I remember,
The SEGA company,
With Toejam and Earl and Phantasy Star,
And Sonic 1 2 and 3;
But they couldn't hold up SEGA for long,
They made the Dreamcast you see,
Their timing was bad and their ads were too vauge,
So they lost to that mean old Sony.

Posted by ZEN

Quoting the inexperienced ZEN: Alien Syndrome (impossible to beat!)

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v713/zen3/conquered/alien_syndrome_SMS_1.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v713/zen3/conquered/alien_syndrome_SMS_2.jpg[/IMG]

What a difference a year and a lot of practice makes.:cool:

Posted by Kit

Quoting Flame ghost: This is true...Every new nintendo system has better games than the previous one.

Genesis-Sonic
NES-Legend of zelda (thought it was better than sonic)
SNES-Donkey Kong (better than the 1st zelda)
N64-Super smash bros. (better than donkey kong, WAY better)
GameCube-Super smash bros. melee (Better than the 1st SSB)
X Box- Halo 2 (better than SSB melee)

Thats what I think.

Genesis and Xbox aren't made by Nintendo, though =P.

I have 2 Sega Gamegears and a Sega Master System. I'm also going to get a Sega Megadrive/Genesis and I might also get a Sega Dreamcast too. I can get the Dreamcast for elss than

Posted by Dexter

Does anyone have Blaster Master 2? That's the one Sega game that I don't have that I would really like to have. I've never played it, but the first Blaster Master is magnificant. I'm going to search ebay for it and hopefully find one.

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting Mr.Nintendo: I remember when I was 3 years old there was alays a competion with Sega Genisus and NES but NES always won with Mario but then I got tired of it and switched to my second fav mascot, Sonic.
Sonic 2 was the best outta the 5.
Sonic 1
Sonic 2
Sonic 2
Sonic and Knuckles
Sonic 3 and Knuckles

LOL for bump massive!

But yeah..I lost all my old stuff in Katrina.

Posted by Boner

I recently (within the past couple months) obtained this game for the SEGA 32X...

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v468/bc2412/IMG_0552.jpg[/IMG]

I have seen them sell in this condition on ebay for around $200. I guess they only produced around 15,000 copies of this game before SEGA went under. I think it's a nice rarity. And it's actually a fun game to play. Too bad so few were made.

Posted by Cruxis

Yeah I remember the SEGA all right. I remember asking santa for it for three years strait. In fact I stopped believing in him because, instead of a sega he left me a SNES under the christmas tree. My freinds never let me live that down, I was borrowing there segas and Mortal kombat games for a whole year. Finally I got a Used SEGA from my cusin (who had just bought a SEGA CD), He gave me a copy of sonic 3 and castlvaina 3 with it. Soon after my mom bought me a playstation, Still I cherished every moment I had with that SEGA. *** Where those the best Five month's of my life. :)

Posted by oldgit

Sega systems were made cool by Sonic and Road Rash. Where else could you beat a policeman on a bike with a chain?

Posted by coolness432

Geez I feel kinda Greedy
2 Sega Master Systems
5 Genesis
1 Sega Cd
1 32X
1 Saturn
1 Dream Cast
3 GAme Gears
Thats all the different systems

Posted by Miles "Tails" Prower

I have a Sega Genesis, the original, and I love it. I always play it, and I just love the old graphics and 16 bit sound effects XD. It also, for that time period, had some very impressive graphics

Posted by EvilDeadGamer

yea, i just recently bought a sega gen 3, i gotta get me a new cord tho, it has a short in it or something and is real fuzzy on the tv.

Posted by TimeSkipz

Sony is making a new handheld and i believe it's an actual handheld not just a remake of old games. The Dreamcast is one of my favorite consoles and i still play it. I bought mine for 50 bucks when it was dying out.

Posted by K1nS

I had a SEGA console when I was younger but can't remember which one it was to be honest lol. I remember I was obsessed with playing on streets of rage and sonic lol

Posted by NES MASTER

[QUOTE=Xero;6160]Its time for a first thread in this section!

I did not play too much on it, and now I cant find one anymore, but I dont want to either. The system is old now, but if you go to some places like "ID

Posted by WEEGEEZ BAKK

I have a model 1 genesis with every game ever made for it. I also have sega cd model 1 and 32x. Im also selling a power base converter.