Budokai

Posted by Cell

Of course seeing as my name is cell i would start a thread about Budokai. Well I love the budokai series. I almost have 100% in Budokai(1st) All i need are the breakthroughs. Budokai 2 i have 100%. and in budokai 3 i have 57%( I dont own it so i can only play it either at DDRfreaks house or when he comes over to my place.)

Posted by Shade

The Budokai games are pretty fun for a while. Budokai 2 was okay, but Budokai three is actually supposed to be a pretty decent fighting game. Though none of them live up to the calibur of Tekken, Street Fighter, Soul Calibur, etc.

Posted by PerpetualAngst

It is still always great multiplayer fun and budokai 3 was actually pretty **** good

Posted by Cell

Quoting Shade32: The Budokai games are pretty fun for a while. Budokai 2 was okay, but Budokai three is actually supposed to be a pretty decent fighting game. Though none of them live up to the calibur of Tekken, Street Fighter, Soul Calibur, etc.

I agree for the most part but it also depends on how much you like the anime. If you dont like it then i doubt any of them are for you. If your on the fence then Budokai 3 of course should be your choice. But if your like me and love the freakin show then all of them seem like a gem.(Budokai(1st) seemed great at ITS time.)

Posted by /-\nubi$

How did I know you would start this thread Cell? *sigh* well nonetheless they are good games, but I want something hardy, and gore and blood-ridden... Thus:
Budokai = not bloody in the least...

Posted by Captain Kais

I never got to play budokai 1, but budokai 2 was fun except the world mode got boring. Budokai 3 was a great game, and i suggest it to anyone, even if you didnt like Dragon Ball Z.
I actually liked Budokai 3 better than tekken and the others, only because first off, im not real big on fighters, and secondly I liked how you could do those flashy combos. It brought the game close to the Show.

Posted by PerpetualAngst

I grew up with DBZ so I am a great fan of the series. I still think they messed up the story mode for budokai 3 but its fast and fun. Also one of the new additions to the game is a technique called dragon rush. That was utterly jaw dropping the first time I saw it and I thought it was pretty sweet, though it gets pretty repetitive. Just all in all budokai 3 is the best DBZ game I have ever played.

Posted by stepharneo

i liked the story mode on budokai 3, and i liked the fighting system on buokai 3 more than tekken (probalbly coz my friend loves tekken and he always makes me play it), i also liked the fact that it is easy to do moves on budokai 3 (i love trunks' sword combo).

Posted by destruction kai

does anyone know if you can get baby in budokai 3

Posted by PerpetualAngst

Nope, it was probaly a rumor.

Your avatar, is that goku super sayian 6? You do know that dragon ball AF was created in april, making it april fools by akira toriyama right? Then a whole bunch of fans just made concept art out of it.

actually its gotenks super saiyan 5 if you want one you should go to myfavoritegames.com

well actually know its super saiyan 4 brolly

Posted by Arczu

Double Post = AGONY

Budokai 3 was definitely good. But the loading times for each fight were actually long. I would always get 8-10 Sibamen on the screen before it loads. This probably because of all the background stuff that has to load too though. That being it's only fatal flaw really, it's enjoyable by many of my friends.

The computer has no darn mercy when the difficulty is friggin' high. Seriously, I was done at Z2 when they literally beat you into the ground.

Posted by brownoystercult

Oh yeah, while its loading theres a neat trick you can do: While your on the Saibamen loading screen pop the disk tray out and keep rotating your analog stick until you fill up the whole screen and one secret RED saibaman pops out.

Posted by Apathetic

Budokai is a fun game for a while, but I truely like the fighting games for dreamcast like Capcom vs SNK.

Posted by Dragon Ryder

Quoting destruction kai: well actually know its super saiyan 4 brolly

You need to rewatch the broly movie.broly can not go ss4 he can just turn into the legendary supersajin. But you might as well not the watch the movie either it was a waste of time. The way broly lost was just awful it was like the creators ran out of ideas or something.

Posted by Dragon Ryder

on another note i don't see why everyone like this game cellshaded. when the first game came out i thought.it was great 3d. anyway i love what they did with the 3ed one. much harder to pull out the best moves and many more characters. and i am so happy they fixed the glitch in the tornament becuase in the second one all they did was hit u out of the ring.

Posted by Dragon Ryder

one thing i don't know how to get is metal cooler i got normal cooler but do u get something like freza's ship to change him or is that an extra character?

Posted by Dragon Ryder

on the skill shop how do you change the ultimate skill you can buy? (ex: Spirit bomb)

Posted by megaman91

it goes in order so you have to buy it and buy until you get to the one you want.So in short you can't change it until you buy it. Also if you dont have the next character it resets so you might want to have everyone before you start buying

Posted by DBZKid10

Tight Game.

Posted by Gregaman91

tis a tight game for sure

Posted by Roxas23857

Gregaman91 please do not post in old threads this could get you kicked off VGchat thank you for you help. This is just for you own good.

Posted by Red

awsome game DBZ Budokai never played the rest though

YAY 444 POST!!!!!

Posted by Roxas23857

Congrates Mr. Red
The Budokai games keep getting better as they come out. Like 3 was really fun in my perspective but Tenkaiechie or whatever was better to me then Budokai 3 so they get better you should play them.