Favorite Sonic game?

Posted by Corrupt

You know it had to be asked sooner or later, so... yeah, what is your favorite Sonic the Hedgehog game? Whether they're the old retro classics that started the whole craze, or the newer GBA/Gamecube/etc releases... pick one or two favorites that just never get old to you.

As for me, my two top picks would be the first two games for Genesis... Sonic the Hedgehog 1 & 2. I'd have to say Sonic 3 & Knuckles [the lock-on one] would follow closely in the third spot, because of Tails/Knuckles being interchangable between the two games, and most importantly, the introduction of Knuckles, my second favorite Sonic character. I also enjoyed pretty much every other Sonic game that was released, with the exception of Sonic Heroes.

So, how about everyone else?

Posted by Roth

Sonic 3 + Sonic and Knuckles! This was a great way the games were incorporated! I loved the final battle in outer space! It was shooter-esque, which was a nice new twist in the series.

I also like Sonic 3-D on the Genesis. It was different, but still felt like a Sonic game. I don't remember having finished it, though...

Posted by Kit

It would be either Sonic 2 or Sonic 3, I love the two games.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

I haven't played a whole many different Sonic games, but I absolutely adore Sonic 3.

Posted by Crazy K

Most definetally the first 3. I enjoyed them all. I started to hate the sonic series as new 3d ones came out, but I still enjoy the older ones. Sonic And Knuckles, Sonic 1, Sonic 2, Sonic 3, I pretty much like them all.

Posted by Lazy Guitar

Sonic 3 + Sonic and Knuckles! I never actually played the 3D games (appart from Sonic 3D), but this was definately the best one I played. :cool:

Posted by Linko_16

My favorite is definately one of the classic 2D Side-Scrollers, but they all contain so many of the same elements that it's hard to pick which is the best. I guess my list includes...

Sonic the Hedgehog
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Sonic the Hedgehog 3
Sonic and Knuckles
Sonic CD
Knuckles Chaotix
Sonic 3D Blast (not exactly the same, I know, but I'm a long-time fan of it)

And probably others that I'm forgetting.

Posted by kwoky jr

i think sonic adventure battle2 is the best just check out the graphics

Posted by Megatron

I can't decide between Sonic 2, 3, and Knuckles.

Posted by orange echidna

My 2 favorite Sonic games would have 2 b Sonic Adventure 2: Battle and Sonic Adventure DX Director's Cut. I never get tired of these 2 games and I love working with chao but I can't figure out whether u r supposed 2 b able 2 name your chao in Sonic Adventure DX. Oh well. I'll figure that out l8er.

Posted by biohazzard_zz1

the best is definatly sonic 3 & knuckles reason being its the only hypersonic game and also because it just rulz

Posted by Prince Redon

Your right...It just rulz is a very good reason.

Posted by Jak Pattinson

sonic pinball is very addicting but the original sonic on my sega megadrive is the coolest. the new sonic games get less funner and funner.

Posted by Prince Redon

I enjoyed the first one quite alot. I loved the ones on Sega Genesis, and the Sega CD, but I don't like the newer ones...

Posted by Miles Tails Prower

My favorite would have to be Sonic 3. But I also like Sonic 2 and the Sonic Advances.

Posted by Outlaw

I'd say Sonic 3, Sonic & Knuckles and Sonic CD. Those were the best ones followed by both sonic 1 and 2. After the series just went down hill...

Knuckles Chaotix was also nice, pretty original...

Posted by Stranger

i would have to go with the first three Sonic games they were first games i even got

Posted by OoO_Bubbles_OoO

I like Sonic Adventure 2 - battle. the chao are so cool (=

Posted by Prince Redon

I have Sonic Adventure 1 & 2 for Gameboy...Alot of poeple hated them, but I loved them both.

Posted by felty

I don't have a favorite Sonic game. All of the ones I've played have been good though.

Posted by LagunasSweetling

Definitely sonic 3... Even though Tails refuses to die in 2 player mode, I still love to play with other people... Now if I can just get Harmonixer to play with me... (He doesn't care for sega games...)

Posted by Prince Redon

He is insane...;)

I have been dreaming for a while that Sega would get enough money to make a come back, and have their own system again...I would buy it for sure.

Posted by Jo-Jo-The-Hedgie

I say its Sonic Adventure2 battle. At the end it really made me cry. "Sianora shadow the hedgehog2 Its sad :(

Posted by Seres Aran

"The ending really made me cry"? Don't make me laugh. It's a hedgehog, okay? If you went into outer space and dropped a hedgehog down to earth, I doubt you'd cry. Anyways... my favorite Sonic game was Sonic Adventure 1 (aka DX: Director's Cut). That's because it has the most awesome theme song, Open your Heart, and two of the three of my favorite characters: Tails and Chaos. And how about Chaos, huh? That dude is awesome!

Posted by Slayde

Sonic and Knuckles, Sonic 3-D Blast

Posted by Alpolio

Kind of a toss up between Sonic (1) and Sonic CD. I think that Sonic CD is the best game of the series, but Sonic (1) has a lot of nostalgic value to me.

Posted by Kiroo

Sonic and Knuckles, the very best thing I got out of my one and only grade school relationship =]

Posted by fig roll

sonic and knuckles, definetly!

Posted by Alex_DX

[COLOR="Black"]My favourite Sonic game is : 1st Sonic Heroes
2nd Shadow The Hedgehog
3rd Sonic 3 & Knuckles for Sega MegaDrive[/COLOR]

Posted by creamcheech

:amy: :devil: :sonic: i luv dark sonic and shadow the hedgehog aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by CS Ryan

Sonic 2, 3 and S+K. Also the Adventure series. The newer console games suck 'cause the levels have gotten frustrating, tedious, and extremely long.

Posted by Sasuke76

every single one except sonic heroes, except for the fact that they are all the same, they make up for it in the fun in them.

Posted by draconus

i dont think i even liked sonic :/