Kirby

Posted by Drewboy64

I got it a few days ago and I love it. What do you think of it?

Posted by inequity

I haven't bought this game yet. What makes this game so different from yoshi touch n' go?

Posted by maian

I don't know what to think. A lot of the DS games focus around the touch screen. If I want Kirby, I want traditional platforming fun Kirby, with extra features utilizing the touch screen. But, I'd have to try it out to find out.

Posted by Axis

Probably as of now my favorite game for the DS.

Posted by Arczu

One warning: If you dislike this game because it's making good use of the touch screen, well then nuts to you non-believers.

Seriously, I saw this game before it was out, and it looks like a hell of a lot of fun. It will require great co-ordination to play it well, so you WILL want to sit up for this one. I haven't played it yet but I plan on getting it if nothing else takes a yank at my wallet this week.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: I don't know what to think. A lot of the DS games focus around the touch screen. If I want Kirby, I want traditional platforming fun Kirby, with extra features utilizing the touch screen. But, I'd have to try it out to find out.

Except most tradtional Kirby games pale in comparison to unique Kirby games.

Anyways, by far the best game on the DS so far. I'm suprised on how well it turned out.

Posted by maian

Well, with the DS, anything can happen. :cool:

Like said, I'll have to play it. I haven't seen much info, so I should probably read around more too. @_@

Posted by dylananisa

yha im on the third world and i like it

Posted by Shade

Well, seeing as I have absolutely no money, and all of my funds are going into the "PS3 Deposit Box," I won't get to buy it any time soon.

Posted by inequity

I may buy this, but what exactly serperates this game from Yoshi Touch n' go? I saw a video of kirby and they seem to both play the same.

Also, is this a long game? Most games I have for the DS are quite short.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

Apparently it's awesome. I haven't played it as of yet, but that might be because it's not released here yet.

Grr.

Posted by Mystic Hero

I have a birthday coming up so I'm getting it. It looks pretty cool. I hope it plays as well as it looks.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: I hope it plays as well as it looks.

It plays better.

Quoted post: I may buy this, but what exactly serperates this game from Yoshi Touch n' go? I saw a video of kirby and they seem to both play the same.

Well, you can explore more in the game. There's a lot more to do, plus, it's an actual game this time. They essentially play the same, but it isn't about getting to the end anymore. There's a coin in every world you have to find (which unlocks stuff, there's tons to unlock), which will make you explore more and spend a lot more time with the game. If you just want to get to the end, the game will be over quicckly, just like T&G was. But there's just plenty more to do, and it plays fantastically.

Quoted post: Also, is this a long game? Most games I have for the DS are quite short.

Pretty good length for a handheld. Plus, all the replayability.

Posted by Echo

I'm probably going to pick this up tomorrow. I was thinking about waiting for Meteos and getting that instead, but I've still got Polarium to finish up. I'll probably get Meteos and Nanostray next month for my birthday. I was also considering Bomberman, but from what I've heard it isn't that great (not nearly what Kirby is supposed to be).

Posted by Mini Rebew

i just got a pretty hefty paycheck, and i might get this and polarium...and maybe more, but i dont know....it just ****es me off that you need a credit card for a gamefly account.

Yeah, I'll be picking it up in a month or so. I've got a lot of holidays coming up, and I need to be entertained on the flights and car journeys, and all that jazz.

Posted by Zeta

I got it a few days ago, and its freaking awesome. Definatly the best DS game so far. I've beaten the game with everyone but Dedede, whom is on the Iello Adventure level.

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

Well I should start out saying Ive been dying for a great game to hold me over until Animal Crossing DS and Nanostray come out for the DS later this year.....KIRBY CANVAS CURSE IS THAT GAME!!!

EDIT: Check this clip out. Its about the game. Just click the link.
http://www.comcast.net/providers/fan/popup.html?v=35003842&pl=35074390.xml&config=/config/common/fan/games.xml

Here is Nintendo's Review of the game:

Kirby: Canvas Curse delivers classic Kirby action with a fun twist. Using the stylus to control Kirby's movements is surprisingly intuitive, and the new control scheme provides many unique gameplay challenges. The rainbow paths you draw guide Kirby through the game, but they also can protect Kirby from falling icicles, lasers, cannon blasts and other hazards. In addition to drawing paths, the stylus can also be used to stun enemies, destroy barriers, detonate bombs and much more.

Each of the game's seven levels is divided into three stages, and each stage holds three hidden medals. Some are easy to find, while others are either well-hidden or heavily protected. You can also earn medals by completing other tasks in the game. You don't need to find these medals to complete the game, but the medals you recover can be traded in to unlock special features like new ink colors for the paths you draw with the stylus.

Finding all of the medals in the game will be a tough task even for experienced gamers, and a collection of unlockable minigames adds even more replay value to Kirby: Canvas Curse.

I dont know if you all needed to read that....Ill shut up now : D

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
My virtual boy website
[url]www.virtualrealityzone.cjb.net[/url]

Yeah, Nintendo's reviews are always rubbish. They made the game, of course it's going to be great.

Posted by dylananisa

yha I agree, o hey zeta and Dyers eve u like vgcats???

Posted by Drewboy64

Nintendo Power's reviews are getting a bit stricter, but of course there's still some bias.
Anyway, someone asked how this was different from Yoshi Touch and Go. Well, this is an actual platformer with a story and consecutive level. Plus it has lots of extras and I personally think its better, though it could use more sub games and a multiplayer mode.

And for you people planning on getting polarium, I would suggest Meteos instead.

Having played it... I was HOOKED on Canvas Curse for a day or two. It wasn't even my game - my brother bought it and I sneaked it away. I did put it down for a few days, though, and I've not gfelt the urge to play it since... the closest comparison I can come to is Warioland 4. It's fun for the first few levels, but just gets too repetitive. And it's actually got a very similar structure to it.

Posted by dylananisa

yha WL isn't that good of a game I just beat KCC and it sucked Drawcia is way too easy!!!

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

It was a really easy game but it was a good game.

Posted by NightmareBassX

Alright, I beat the game with every character, gotten every metal in rainbow run, and Main game. I have 247/250 metals, I need 3 more. I think the leftover metals are in the Subgames, or more of a distance in Jump Game. Maybe get all A's in each level in Sub games.

Posted by Arczu

That's it... I'm getting this game next time I go out. I've heard and seen enough!

Posted by Drewboy64

I love the game cause of all the extras, like the secret rooms for medals and the extra characters. Dedede owns Drawcia.

P.S. there should be a smiley face of a kirby ball.

Posted by verystrait42

this game looks awsome, but all my money is going to games in this order. 1.guild wars 2.animal crossing(DS) 3.Revolution

Posted by Drewboy64

Yeah, you need to get more money.